Author Topic: what is your favorite SW and non SW starship?  (Read 3826 times)

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
Re: what is your favorite SW and non SW starship?
« Reply #15 on: July 5, 2005, 01:30 PM »
I totally forgot about the Buck Rogers Starfighter, that’s an awesome ship. It was originally designed by McQuarrie for SW but instead they went with Johnston's X-Wing. The Harpy I mentioned bears a suspicious similarity to the Starfighter flying model rocket.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2005, 02:34 PM »
Other - Colonial Viper - Battlestar Galactica, real one not that new rubbish!!

You do know that they primarialy use the old ones in the new show right?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2005, 05:10 PM »
SW: Executor-class Star Destroyer with full compliments.

Non-SW: ID4 City Destroyers
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Loopy_Leia

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2005, 07:49 PM »
My fave SW's ship. -  X-Wing  - Don't know why, I just like how they look.

Non SW's - Enterprise - D, Roumlan Bird of Prey

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2005, 01:00 AM »
Eh, what the hell...

Non-Star Wars?  I've got to go with the NCC-1701-D...  7 years watching the TNG crew, and I'm simply hooked.  Not to mention all the years of re-runs I've watched the Star Ship Enterprise continue its "Trek" through the galaxy...  I love ST:TNG and wish it was on in the evenings more.  :(

However, as much as I love ST:TNG, I gotta give props to an EU ship, the Moldy Crow...

Ship of Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors, the Moldy Crow is the ship that brings about Kyle's adventures in the Star Wars universe.  He's Solo on Force steroids.  :)  I dig Katarn, I dig his stor...  I dig him so much I even dig his fan-fiction people did about his character making custom levels for the Jedi Knight game.  :)

Katarn just rocks.

A close 2nd for me would be the Corellian Freighter "Otana".  The ship owned by the Aazameen famaily during the "X-Wing: Alliance" games.  The story's never been completed because the game was in development when TPM came out...  It got cut short so TPM games could be put into production.  That simply blows.  A Star Wars flight sim completing the Azameen story is LONG overdue.

The Otana was a Corellian YT-series freighter...  More advanced than the Millenium Falcon or Outrider...  It's a kick-ass ship, and has a cameo at the battle of Endor.  The storyline of "Alliance" is unparalleled to me...  Lots of intribue, twists, and turns, and it fits perfectly.  The Otana is a custom project of mine that I truly wish I had the time to focus on it.  :)

So there ya go.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 1, 2005, 04:24 PM »
favorite SW ships: Millennium Falcon, Slave 1, Republic Gunship, Vaders' Tie Fighter.
NOn SW ships: The alien ships from the movie 5th Element; nebacneddzer (sp) from matrix; Cygnus from the Black Hole; Borg cube ship.

Now a year later, I definatly have to add the Arc-170 ship! plus the jedi starfighters!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"