Author Topic: RotS ARC-170  (Read 38446 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: RotS ARC-170
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2007, 10:35 PM »
As much as I hate to bump really old threads, I wanted to talk about the ARC-170.

After over two years of admiring pics of this ship online, I finally bought a 170 NIB for $25 shipped to my door. I can't say that I was disappointed by the toy, but I can gladly say that this was the best new vehicle of the ROTS action figure line.

The "action handle" or whatever on the bottom of the ship is really cool, and makes "flying" the 170 around the house way too tempting(and fun!) I like to drop bombs on my droid tanks.:P The screw holes don't bother me at all, but the four extra stickers and lack of weathering do.

Overall, I'm glad I got this version of the ARC-170 instead of that Target/Clone Wars repaint piece of crap, and I'd gladly buy a second if repainted correctly. (i.e. Titanium blue paint scheme, ROTS paint scheme w/ V-Wing style weathering, etc.)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2007, 02:55 PM »
I agree its a great vehicle from the modern line if not the greatest. I would love to see a weathered version as well. The space whale version is pretty lame. I will buy one because "I have to" but I wish they would do an upgrade deco ala Y-Wing style.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2007, 10:16 AM »
I agree its a great vehicle from the modern line if not the greatest. I would love to see a weathered version as well. The space whale version is pretty lame. I will buy one because "I have to" but I wish they would do an upgrade deco ala Y-Wing style.

Yeah... I ended up with the ROTS one but never picked up the ROTS Gunship.  I then picked up the Deco-Gunship and then found an ROTS Gunship for a good price.   I picked up the Deco-170 just to go with the gunship...
Once I get them hung from the ceiling I think they'll make nice paired sets
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2008, 09:14 AM »
After opening the TAC one, I'm now regretting that I never got one of these to open.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."