Author Topic: 500th commemorative figure... Vader?  (Read 79623 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 500th commemorative figure... Vader?
« Reply #195 on: July 13, 2006, 07:16 PM »
...and at my Super Target today, yes today, The commemorative 500th Vader sits in the new reset for $15. So if you missed it the first time, and didnt get it in the numerous repacks check your local stores for the original.

Yeah, I saw about 8 of these suddenly re-emerge at my local Target store a week or so ago, full price, and with no shelf tags and everything.  Very strange...  Even more strange is that they seem to have sold through pretty quickly.  Haven't seen anymore since, so I'm wondering if Hasbro, or Target, found a couple lost pallets full of 500th Vader cases recently or something?  Oh well, good riddance, again, hopefully...

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 14, 2006, 12:16 PM »
Vader is on clearance..again... at Target for 10 and some change they only had one on the shelf.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 16, 2006, 10:05 AM »
There's been one on clearance at my local Target for a few weeks now.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 9, 2006, 08:40 PM »
got one for $3.99. clearance at winners lmao
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 26, 2007, 08:51 PM »
From the dark depths of Wal-marts stockroom comes the figure that haunts the pegs to this day. On an endcap was a case worth of 500th Vaders. Yes the Vader with the dome the Vader that has been clearenced out and repacked in more ways since the Commtech Han. They were dusty and they were $15. Will this figure ever go away, evidently not any time soon
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 29, 2010, 01:31 AM »
I know it's been AWHILE(!!!) since the debut of 500th Figure Vader (which, to this day, in 2010 has seen countless repacks), I joined the boards in 2009, and I would very much like to post my story as to when I got my figure.

I was 10 (or 11?;D) when 2005 hit and so did 500th Figure Vader, and I remember going into a video store and seeing a whole stand dedicated to these Vaders. Now, there were at least 2 Targets and 1 Toys R Us in the same area around that same time in 2005 (that Toys R Us has since closed down :(), and I remember that I had NEVER seen them at those 3 stores. This being in the day when I had no computer access, I didn't even know this Vader existed! When I first saw it in November (around that time), I begged my mom and dad to buy it for me, but it was pretty expensive - this place sold it for like $24!

But when Christmas came, guess what Santa (;)) had left for me? 500th Vader! I was so excited - I had gotten both this and a "Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide", which was also preeetty pricey. That was an insanely happy, memorable Christmas!      
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:33 AM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline morrison2951

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 13, 2010, 10:17 AM »
I removed the cardboard base from my 500th Vader and it is a really cool display piece with the cloudy globe removed.  I've never been able to find one that had a clear globe to this date.   

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2010, 12:06 AM »
I've still got mine in its packaging, but would like to have a second one so I can remove that cloudy cover you mention.  I'm sure it would look pretty sharp.

BTW, welcome to the forums!

Offline morrison2951

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2010, 08:11 AM »
Thanks Jesse!  Long time lurker and finally got around to registering.  Through the years I've acquired a pretty good POTF2 carded collection mostly.   

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2010, 04:18 PM »
Through the years I've acquired a pretty good POTF2 carded collection mostly.   

You are a rare breed my friend!  There aren't many fans left of the POTF2 line (though I'm happy to say it's still one of my favourites, likely due to the nostalgia associated with the return of Star Wars figures to stores  :)).

Offline morrison2951

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 15, 2010, 03:12 PM »
Yep-  I still remember chasing after all the POTF2 variants- long sabers, open and closed hand Han, half-circle Fett, brown vest Luke, etc.  I've got them all and although they may not be worth that much now, the memories of the chase still remain!  Who knows, someday their prices may surge!