Author Topic: What's the strangest place you've taken a nap?  (Read 2353 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
What's the strangest place you've taken a nap?
« on: May 16, 2004, 03:48 PM »
I have a cold, and I was tired. I figured I needed some fresh air, so logicaly, I put the two together, and decided if I would sleep, I would sleep outside. I wandered around the house, dug out my sleeping bag, and went outside, and curled up.

Every time I dozed off, another neighbor would start their lawn mower, and wake me from my nice nap. When I got over it, it was a good snooze.

When I woke up, I was disoriented from being in a new location. It was a bit frightening.

I can say it is the strangest place that I have ever taken a nap in.

How about you?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: What's the strangest place you've taken a nap?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 03:57 PM »
Depends on whether you're talking sober, or not.  If not, then I've taken many naps, in many very bizarre places.  Outside numerous times, including sleeping all night on a beach, buried in the sand.  Slept in a bath tub once.  Slept in my car seat a lot.

In a sober state, I'd say the weirdest place is at the base of our stairs.  For some reason I find it comfortable to lay down on the floor, with my legs outstretched UP the first several stairs.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 04:11 PM »
I have taken nap pretty much everwhere while I was in college and then some. The car, lobby, classrooms, under a desk, out on the grass, under a tree, on a bench, at the movies (the midnight showing of SW E2), at Kings Island while waiting for someone, ect.

As for being drunk and out of it... no.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2004, 04:31 PM »
I fell asleep during  :o .
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2004, 04:38 PM »
Not sure who that speaks more poorly on Matt - you or your lady...   :P

I guess I can add napping in many classes as well, though that's generally a given for most people I think.  I slept through many a class from Jr. High through the end of college.  Not one for boring lectures, I am...   ;)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2004, 05:01 PM »
I dozed off under a tree at school, and woke up frightened, because I couldn't remeber where I was. Also has happened in some hotels.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2004, 02:26 AM »
Fell asleep in a half track. When I woke up I realized I had laid my head down on the guy beside me's shoulder and dozed off. Too tired to give a damn.

Offline sp00ky

• Jedi Initiate
  • Scott McKenzie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 11:01 AM »
On a shelf in our company's server room...  Someone took pictures... fortunately they didn't show up in my yearly eval.

They have these nice big shelves, and all kinds of bubble wrap!!  

I mean, what a tech. to do?  I also had been there 14 hours, so whatever!

Scott
The space left intentionally blank.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2004, 10:13 PM »
The roof of my brother's frat house.

It was oddly comforting. Nothing to assault your ears besides the wind and late night Ames traffic. Getting down in the morning was a pain with my unawake muscles, though.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2004, 08:31 AM »
I'm napping right now.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2004, 05:05 PM »
In an old warehouse that I was supposed to be working in during college. I was filing papers (yawn) and I just took a bunch of boxes and made a bed. Then I made a roof.

I did that alot.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2004, 02:51 PM »
Standing up in the shower. Well, leaning n the wall actually. It would seem I have the uncanny ability to fall asleep while leaning or standing, and more in sitting positions. Very often during the summer, when my alarm goes off at 5:30AM I will reach over to turn the alrm off, sit straight up in bed, and fall back asleep. I later wake to a heel in the ribs as that appears to be my wifes idea of a more permenant wake-up device than my alarm clock. She is also quite fond of refering to me as "Mr. Ass-who-falls-asleep-standing up" when these semi-embarrasing stories make there rounds at holiday, work, birhtday or any other public gatherings and/or functions.  Sure, it may not be a pretty title, but it's all mine.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 05:28 PM »
Let's see....Oh yes!

Position:  Standing with the top of my head against a wall

Where:  In a bar

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2004, 08:01 PM »

In order to placate a girl I was dating several years ago, I went to a Skid Row reunion show of sorts at a small venue in Seattle. It was a forty-something Sebastian Bach (still in leather pants) and a few other guys who were apparently in that trashy 80's hair band I couldn't have cared less about up there with him.

One guy (the bass player I think) was wearing a full on set of wings....that were almost as wide as the stage they were performing on. Looking back, I'm reminded of the "Great White" style spectacle of way too much for a small club show.

After two songs....I realized I could no longer put up with their craptacular show, and so I found a bench near the payphone and sat down. My girlfriend and her friends were enjoying the show, so I didn't figure they'd miss me while I took a break. Somehow though, I managed to fall asleep.....in the middle of their show....less than 20 feet from the stage.

I woke up just in time to hear Mr. Bach encouraging the audience to "get up and jump!"....only to become frustrated when no one did. "I thought this was Seattle!!!" he screamed.

I couldn't help but thinking that he should have been thanking his lucky stars that most of his audience was at least still awake. That goes down in history as the worst show I've ever been to....and I've seen a country music concert.
Got Clones?