Author Topic: San Diego Comic Con 2004  (Read 35601 times)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2004 San Diego Comic Con
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2004, 11:23 PM »
Got a 4-day pass. I plan to do Wed-Sun. ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2004, 11:46 PM »
Hello everyone.  Wow, my first post here-I finally broke down and signed on(I frequent quite a few sites)

Anyhow, I'll be in San Diego this week for the con...

Hey Bob, welcome to JD!  Glad to see you've finally made your way over.   ;)

So you're headed to SDCC, huh?  Cool.  Long trip from Pitt.  Too bad you're not bringing Jesse along with ya'!  So who are you coming out with, where are you staying, etc?  We'll have to work out a time to get together there.  I'll drop you a PM soon, and see what we can arrange.  In the meantime, enjoy the site, and I look forward to seeing you around the boards here...   8)

- Matt

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2004, 09:53 AM »
Son of a ...  :o

Matt, one last thing to add to my list.

Alien Entertainment (Booth #4343), San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive Space: 1999 Chrome Eagle Transporter.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2004, 10:41 AM »
Ahh crap!  Price: $89.95.  I can Paypal ya some $$$.

Space: 1999 San Diego Exclusive Chrome Eagle
PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION BEFORE ORDERING

What can you do Matt?  :-\

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2004, 11:24 AM »
I'm at the Hampton Inn 1 mile N/NW of the convnetion Center, Right across/ from/near the Holiday Inn Bay.

my cell is 412-897-****  if anyone wants to call when they get there.  Leave a mess. as I'll be checking it quite a bit.  Jim from Pgh. is also going, but we're not going "together", he's at the HI Bay, and going WEd.

Unfortunately I'm getting in early Thurs. AM and will be missing Wed. preview night.

But I want to hit the fanfilms, and definately want to hang out Fri eve/Sat. eve somewhere.

So give me a ring, leave a mess(name/forum). and a ph#, I love to chat SW and always like to place a face with a name!

Always fun to talk about on the boards also ;^)
« Last Edit: August 3, 2004, 01:44 PM by JediMAC »
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2004, 09:29 AM »
well, just in case no one noticed, matt and jared sent in over 100 pics from the con, now posted on the front page. great stuff guys.

1 question - matt, i doin't see you holding my gentle giant luke stormtrooper bust in any of those pics? what gives??  :P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2004, 11:16 PM »
You folks might want to check out my update to your requests back on page 2 of this thread...   ;)

I've been kickin' ass and taking names on the exclusives, and have almost everything for everybody covered now, with the obvious exception of the near impossible GG Luke bust which is being raffled off.

But I've still got 3 days to go, so hopefully I'll be able to snag the rest!   8)

- Matt

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2004, 11:41 PM »
 :o

Thanks Matt.  Offer remains standing for $$ help if you are interested.  Your fare or Patty's, makes no difference.  Really appreciate the assist :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2004, 11:45 PM »
You folks might want to check out my update to your requests back on page 2 of this thread...   ;)

I've been kickin' ass and taking names on the exclusives, and have almost everything for everybody covered now, with the obvious exception of the near impossible GG Luke bust which is being raffled off.

But I've still got 3 days to go, so hopefully I'll be able to snag the rest!   8)

- Matt
Are any other companies raffle off their exculisves Matt?  I'm just curious to see if they are what will happen to them with the COmic Con people.  At least GG is offering the bust online so hopefully I will have a chance at getting one then or it doesn't go to high on Ebay but now with the raffle I can see it getting somewhat out of control.  

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2004, 11:47 PM »

dood - you are THE MAN!!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2004, 11:49 PM »
- Matt

You rock.

And... we love you.

:-*

Thanks!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2004, 11:57 PM »
oh yeah, almost forgot

:-*

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2004, 01:31 AM »
Holy  bejebus Matt, you da man! Awesome, just awesome!

Dale:  Silver Sandtrooper, GG Spirits "Bust-Ups" 4-pack, Galactic Heroes Biker Scout, VOTC figure poster, 3 Antonia Ellis autographs, Space: 1999 Chrome Eagle Transporter

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2004, 03:36 AM »
Hey Matt, I hate to be one more person asking for stuff but if you can manage to snag a few more of  the below items I would GREATLY appreciate it:

LucasArts- "Rupublic Commando" patch
Hasbro VOTC Figure Poster
Hasbro Galactic Heros Biker Scout
Silver Sandtrooper x2
Any Star Wars Minatures promo's
Any Star Wars Heritage promo cards

I know no promises and those out of state get priority. :)  I just thought I would ask, as it seems you and Jared are cleaning house! ;D  In any case Thanks, and take more pics!
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2004, 08:06 AM »

- Matt

You're the man!!!:-* :-*

The pictures so far are great.  What do you think of the Maquette line??  What are they doing with the giant Yoda from the Maquette display??  I hope they have a lottery for that sucker when they are all done at the conventions (as I am assuming they will be hitting other cons in the US).  Did you get a chance to look at the Master Replica stormie blaster yet??  Have fun...wish I was there  :'( :'(.

PS:  If you can snag me a Biker Scout handout from Hasbro's Galactic Heroes line I'd appreciate it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 09:22 AM by jadesfire »
Beth