Author Topic: Harry Potter  (Read 111133 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Potter
« Reply #105 on: April 7, 2006, 11:34 PM »
Wow, that's qute a ways away. The only benefit is that my older daugher might be mature enough to take with us then. I'm sure the sixth one will be finished production by then.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #106 on: April 8, 2006, 04:34 AM »
I'm sure everyone has heard by now, but just wanted to update:  Warner Brothers has announced that the fifth entry in the Harry Potter franchise is coming next summer.  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will be released on July 13, 2007.

Book Seven may be out around that time as well, so if that holds up, 2007 could be a very big year for the franchise. . .

And some links, if anyone's interested:

More info on the Order of the Phoenix film at Wikipedia

Info on Book Seven at (you guessed it) Wikipedia

« Last Edit: April 8, 2006, 04:34 AM by MWB »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2006, 10:40 AM »
Rowling hints Harry Potter might die

LONDON, England (AP) -- Author J.K. Rowling said two characters will die in the last installment of her boy wizard series, and she hinted Harry Potter might not survive either.

"I have never been tempted to kill him off before the final because I've always planned seven books, and I want to finish on seven books," Rowling said Monday on TV in London.

Rowling declined to commit herself about Harry, saying she doesn't want to receive hate mail. (Watch what else Rowling said that suggests Harry will die -- 1:24)

"The last book is not finished. But I'm well into it now. I wrote the final chapter in something like 1990, so I've known exactly how the series is going to end," she said.

Some characters might die, but the blockbuster movie franchise lives on. Warner Bros. Pictures has announced that the fifth installment will be released in cinemas in July 2007.

In "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," directed by David Yates, the teenage Harry continues to battle the evil Lord Voldemort (again played by Ralph Fiennes) and his followers. Daniel Radcliffe is returning as the title character, and Emma Watson and Rupert Grint reprise their roles as Hermione and Ron. Oscar-nominated actress Imelda Staunton plays the malicious, frumpy Professor Dolores Umbridge, who tortures Harry.

In her Monday interview on the "Richard and Judy" show, Rowling said people are sometimes shocked to hear that she wrote the end of book seven before she had a publisher for the first book in the series.

"The final chapter is hidden away, although it's now changed very slightly. One character got a reprieve. But I have to say two die that I didn't intend to die," she said. "A price has to be paid. We are dealing with pure evil here. They don't target extras do they? They go for the main characters. Well, I do."

Rowling is the richest woman in Britain -- wealthier than even the queen -- with a fortune estimated by Forbes magazine last year at more than $1 billion.

Whatever she writes next, Rowling is sure of one thing: It won't be as successful as Harry Potter.

"I don't think I'm ever going to have anything like Harry again. You just get one like Harry."
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2006, 11:10 AM »
If I remember correctly, if Harry dies, then Voldemort lives (and vice versa).  Woulk Rowling be willing to go that far and have the bad guy win?  That would definitely be a change of pace from the cliched "the good guy always win".
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2006, 12:48 PM »
If I remember correctly, if Harry dies, then Voldemort lives (and vice versa).  Woulk Rowling be willing to go that far and have the bad guy win?  That would definitely be a change of pace from the cliched "the good guy always win".

I thought that for Voldemort to be fully destroyed, Harry had to die as well.

Offline Darth_Deastron

• Jedi Initiate
  • Let the hate flow through you.
    • View Profile
    • The Sith Empire
« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2006, 12:57 PM »
SPOILER!!!

From what I've heard, 2 main characters will die in this book, one could possibly be Harry.
FS: TSE Sith Holocron Props!  Cool heartbeat glow! PM me if you're interested.

The Sith Empire

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2006, 01:03 PM »
SPOILER!!!

From what I've heard, 2 main characters will die in this book, one could possibly be Harry.

Thanks for the update.

Got a link?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 01:44 PM by Matthew »

Offline Dr. Zoltar

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2006, 02:14 PM »
I thought that for Voldemort to be fully destroyed, Harry had to die as well.

Yep, that's it.  In order for one to die the other has to as well.  Why?  I'm guessing he has part of Voldemor's soul in him (just like the diary did)...

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2006, 02:35 PM »
Zoltar, Doyou really think VOldemort would make Harry A horcrux?? That is part of his soul so if he kills harry another part of him is gone, His soul is precious to him, he wouldnt throw it away. Remember he has attempted to kill harry before, so that would be killing a horcrux. He wouldnt do that.

Rayne: the prophecy was like this.
"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches...born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies...and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not...and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives...the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies..."

This is saying if they are both living, they will keep on fighting each other, And neither can live until the other dies. So Harry doesnt have to die to kill him but thats probably what will happen.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2006, 02:55 PM »
With all the little kids that are so into the series, Rowling would have to have a huge set of these if she killed Harry off:

It'd be like Lucas offing Luke in Jedi. 

It'd be interesting, but I say. . .  nah gah happen.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2006, 06:15 PM »
Rowling has said before that the series is intended to mature with her audience, so the youngest children who started the series should be ready for the more complex and dark drama of the later books.

This is, though, placing responsibility on parents to make the call on what books their children are ready for.  I've had to do it already with the films...my five year old loves the first three, but will not see the Goblet of Fire for a few years yet.  Same with Revenge of the Sith.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2006, 11:11 PM »
She said in her interview that 2 of the main characters will die, and 1 is spared.
The three main characters are of course Harry, Ron, and Hermione. 2 of then are going to get Pasty as Jar jar says. :'(

Adam

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2006, 02:22 PM »
Well, you would have to expect one of those major characters to be Voldemort, right?  And there's also the matter of Snape as well.  Not a minor character given the end of Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2006, 05:48 PM »
True. At the end I was in denial, thinking he was doing it to keep his cover, now I'm not so sure.

Offline Logray2776

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2006, 11:37 PM »
Hello folks,

Figured I would come out of lurking and post for a change. I just recently got interested in the HP series, had the first 4 dvd's for a while now. Well I decided to watch them all while i was in between jobs, and well, I got completely hooked on it. So i went and bought the first six books, and within the span of two weeks I am about halfway done with the sixth book. I love the series, very good reads.

And looking forward to the new movie next year.