Author Topic: Harry Potter  (Read 111112 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Potter
« Reply #150 on: December 5, 2006, 10:51 AM »
Of course the school could be destroyed, but it will be rebuilt!

I was thinking the same thing, too. I could see the final mother-of-all battles between Harry and Voldemort taking place inside the castle and just obliterating it because the two adversaries consider Hogwarts their homes and it holds a special place in their hearts. It would make an ideal "trophy" for Voldemort.

Another thing that's left open is Wormtail. In Azkaban, Dumbledore told Harry that Wormtail owes Harry for saving his life from Lupin and Sirius and that wizards always pay back their debts. I wonder how Peter Pettigrew will do that... lunge in front of Voldemort's Avada Cadavera (sp?) spell to save Harry??

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 5, 2006, 12:37 PM »
Which, like I said in my previous post, Snape will become the new Headmaster of Hogwarts!! It won't be Minerva, she's getting on in years. There's no other professor that can handle the position. Snape was trusted completely by Dumbledore, and I bet he left something behind for Snape to carry out his last wish and take over as Headmaster!

After the way book 6 ended?  I find that highly unlikely.  I thought that Snape took off after he killed Dumbeldore.  I think that it's likely that if he's playing the double agent, then he'll see things through that he might get close to Voldemort for book 7.  And I can see Professor McGonagall taking over Hogwart's for that book.

The one thing that keeps coming back to me is Sirius Black.  Somehow I don't think he died in the Department of Mysteries.  I think he's going to be back in book 7.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 5, 2006, 03:58 PM »
The one thing that keeps coming back to me is Sirius Black.  Somehow I don't think he died in the Department of Mysteries.  I think he's going to be back in book 7.

You know, that's one thing that always got me, too. Good ol' Beatrix zaps him (we don't know which spell it was) and he falls through that curtain where all those voices try to lure people, like Harry, and disappears. There really wasn't an explanation about what it was and what happens... we just assume it's bad and that Sirius is dead. I suppose it was a really nasty black magic item that the Dept. wanted kept from the world.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #153 on: December 5, 2006, 09:17 PM »
Rowling said he is Dead, but that harry's mirror will play an important role :P. Thats from her website.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 6, 2006, 07:19 AM »
Which, like I said in my previous post, Snape will become the new Headmaster of Hogwarts!! It won't be Minerva, she's getting on in years. There's no other professor that can handle the position. Snape was trusted completely by Dumbledore, and I bet he left something behind for Snape to carry out his last wish and take over as Headmaster!

After the way book 6 ended?  I find that highly unlikely.  I thought that Snape took off after he killed Dumbeldore.  I think that it's likely that if he's playing the double agent, then he'll see things through that he might get close to Voldemort for book 7.  And I can see Professor McGonagall taking over Hogwart's for that book.

Don't forget wizards have longer life spans than muggles.  McGonagall is supposed to be roughly half Dumbledore's age (75 and 150) and he was still pretty spry up until the end.

I'm sure Snape will turn out to be good at the end, but I hope it is more of a he is out for himself thing.  He will help Harry defeat Voldemort because Snape wants to be the next Dark Lord.  I think it would make more sense than Snape killing the most powerful wizard for the good side just to keep his cover with Voldemort.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 7, 2006, 12:16 AM »
Which, like I said in my previous post, Snape will become the new Headmaster of Hogwarts!!

After the way book 6 ended?  I find that highly unlikely.

No, he wasn't playing double agent, not IMHO. What he was doing was protecting Draco! If he hadn't of killed Dumbledore, Draco would not have either, which meant Draco would die at the hands of Voldemort! I think Dumbledore knew this.

And when he was escaping and Harry was giving chase, he continued to push Potter into learning what he needs to learn in order to beat Voldemort, namely casting spells without saying them out loud!! I mean it's all right there, his taunts on Harry not knowing how to cast spells silently, I forgot what the term is!

You know another shocker that I think may happen, this could be out of left field, but I think no matter if Harry lives or dies, Dudley Dursley will develop magical abilities!! :o Just one more prediction!
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #156 on: December 7, 2006, 09:37 AM »
Which, like I said in my previous post, Snape will become the new Headmaster of Hogwarts!!

After the way book 6 ended?  I find that highly unlikely.

No, he wasn't playing double agent, not IMHO. What he was doing was protecting Draco! If he hadn't of killed Dumbledore, Draco would not have either, which meant Draco would die at the hands of Voldemort! I think Dumbledore knew this.

And when he was escaping and Harry was giving chase, he continued to push Potter into learning what he needs to learn in order to beat Voldemort, namely casting spells without saying them out loud!! I mean it's all right there, his taunts on Harry not knowing how to cast spells silently, I forgot what the term is!

You know another shocker that I think may happen, this could be out of left field, but I think no matter if Harry lives or dies, Dudley Dursley will develop magical abilities!! :o Just one more prediction!
Another good theory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although$  Can you name me one children's media series (be it Books, TV or Movies) where the hero has been killed off????  I can only think of Optimus Prime in the TF Movie%  Much like our own beloved sextilogy, there is so much potential money to be made off of this franchise, she risks alienating parents and kids everywhere by killing off the hero (thereby losing potential millions)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Killing Dumbledore was expected in fact I'm surprised it didn't happen a lot earlier...but killing the hero can't be done IMNSHO!#@$%^&!*(@)
« Last Edit: December 7, 2006, 09:47 AM by OCB »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 7, 2006, 10:25 AM »
I can only think of Optimus Prime in the TF Movie% 

And even then, he came back to life!!!
Common sense isn't so common

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 7, 2006, 10:31 AM »
I doubt she'll actually kill Harry, but I'll almost guarantee you that she'll you thinking that it's likely up until the last few pages.

On the snape thing...strictly from a literary standpoint, you don't to all the trouble and time of setting up a background such as the Unbreakable Vow if you don't intend to make use of it later.  I'm convinced that Snape had an unbreakable vow with Dumbledore to do whatever must be done to maintain his cover for the Order and possibly to protect Harry.  That puts Snape in double UV's  - one to protect Malfoy, and one to protect Harry and Dumbledore.  The only option on the table was to kill Dumbledore.

Great point, too, about Snape continuing to train Harry on the lawn of the castle.  Snape remains committed to Harry's development as a wizard.  It may be because of committments to the OoTP, or it may be something more magical -- Dumbledore continues to remind us that the most powerful magic is love, and I am convinced that Snape loved Lilly Potter.

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #159 on: December 7, 2006, 12:11 PM »
...and I am convinced that Snape loved Lilly Potter.

What if Harry's real father is Snape and not James Potter?!?!?!?!?!   :-X

Snape:  Dumbledore never told you what happened to your father.

Harry: He told me enough!  He told me Voldemort killed him.

Snape: No.  I am your father!

Or not...  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 7, 2006, 03:53 PM »
...and I am convinced that Snape loved Lilly Potter.

What if Harry's real father is Snape and not James Potter?!?!?!?!?!   :-X

Snape:  Dumbledore never told you what happened to your father.

Harry: He told me enough!  He told me Voldemort killed him.

Snape: No.  I am your father!

Or not...  :P

Lol...

Harry Potter: The Goth.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 7, 2006, 08:08 PM »
Another good theory!

Although  Can you name me one children's media series (be it Books, TV or Movies) where the hero has been killed off?  I can only think of Optimus Prime in the TF Movie%  Much like our own beloved sextilogy, there is so much potential money to be made off of this franchise, she risks alienating parents and kids everywhere by killing off the hero (thereby losing potential millions)! Killing Dumbledore was expected in fact I'm surprised it didn't happen a lot earlier...but killing the hero can't be done IMNSHO!#@$%^&!*(@)

Pointless and petty jabs aside, what does it matter if she alientates her fan base?? I mean this is the final book, and she will not revisit the character! Nor does she want anyone else to do the same!

I mean she has more money than the queen, she can retire forever and never publish another book and still never want for money. Plus she could cease productions of the entire Harry Potter series, and still not need money!! So either financially, proprietary wise, she can kill him off!!
-Vincent

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #162 on: December 7, 2006, 08:19 PM »
You didn't answer my question!!

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 7, 2006, 09:55 PM »
Not that I can recall, but really it doesn't matter!! I think she has the gumption to do something so dramatic like killing off Harry! I think it would be one of the biggest shock endings for a book/movie ever! To kill off a hero like Potter!

But it seems so right, leaving Hermione and Ron together at last to take up the mantle, along with the rest of Dumbledore's Army. In fact, Harry might finally be at peace, he'll be with his mother and father, and of course Sirius as well. It might be the ending that will have Harry truly the happiest! I mean in the wizarding world, is one truly gone when they die? Harry could become the new guardian over Hogwarts, in fact they could name a new after him, Potter!! :o
-Vincent

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #164 on: December 7, 2006, 10:09 PM »
!!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."