Author Topic: Harry Potter  (Read 111127 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Harry Potter
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2005, 04:31 PM »
Due to some schedule conflicts, I won't get to see this one until Sunday.   :(

It should be a good one though from everything I'm reading/hearing.   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2005, 05:08 PM »
I just got back from seeing it.  I enjoyed the movie and thought that they did a good job with it. I hadn't seen the cast list in a while  and didn;t know who played Verdomnt until I saw the end credits.  I thought Raplh FInnes was good with the character.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2005, 08:28 PM »
Going to experience it tomorrow at noon at the IMAX theatre in Columbus.  Never been to an IMAX movie before so I am looking forward to it.  Everyone has said this is the way to go so......  :)
Beth

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2005, 09:11 PM »
I'm hoping to see it on Tuesday.  A friend of mine and I are trying to get a point in our schedules that will work and that looks like the window of opportunity.

Odd though...this is the first one I haven't seen on opening day! :-\
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2005, 04:46 PM »
Please bear with me as I have to explain a couple small details about myself before I comment on this movie.

First and foremost, I'm not a Harry Potter fan. I've tried to read a couple of the books but I just couldn't make it through a single one as I found them to be a bit simple and kind of uninspiring for my taste but I understand that's just me and I think no ill thoughts of anyone who enjoys them.

Now then, about the movies. I've seen all of them at least once because of a female with whom I am rather fond. The first two weren't too bad I shall admit. A bit predictable and not overly complex or deep but by no means a waste of my time or money to see but once. The third film on the other hand I thought was just dreadful (as did the female fan who asked me to see it with her. You see it was her favorite "Potter" book and she thought the director ruined it and was kind enough to explain how and why she thought that after the movie was over.) and filled with great many unexplained who, what, where, when, and whys(Which my female friend was kind enough to tell me about as they were things in the book but not on the screen and a big reason for her dislike for said film.) . Plus it looked to me liked it was done by a man who wants very badly to be Tim Burton and just isn't, for both very little good and in this case very much ill, and who didn't even bother to watch the first two movies let alone find out who the characters are, how they behave and where the bloody story even takes place. What a waste of my time and money. I will say that it was not as bad as "The Incredible Hulk" movie or the "40 Year Old Virgin" but still no where near as good as the first two movies which I thought were really just "OK" at best to begin with.

So now we come to this latest film and what can I say, I liked it. I really, really like it. In fact, I would like to see it again and what's more, I would be happy to buy it on DVD once it's released. This was the first and only Harry Potter movie that I wanted to see on my own after viewing a couple of the trailers and believe it or not, I was the one to ask a certain female to go see it at the Midnight show Thursday night/Friday morning. Needless to say she was rather surprised and pleased by this turn of events and was quite kind to me later on that morning. ;)  Oh yes, she rather enjoyed the movie as well.   8)
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2005, 06:36 PM »
I'm going to have to disagree with you about the third one. Azkaban is superior to the first two in almost every way filmatically. It's agruably my favorate (not to dis the latest which is outstanding.)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2005, 07:50 PM »
Just saw this, and its pretty good. Better then the first 3 IMO.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2005, 09:43 AM »
We went and saw it Saturday, and really, really enjoyed it as well.  I think it might be my favorite of the films so far, and I've liked them all.  It has really become on of our favorite "franchises" to watch on DVD at home too, and I hope the movies continue to do well.  Hopefully they can get some more done before the kids get too old, because it would be hard to imagine others in these roles at this point.  Definitely a much "darker" movie than the previous 3, as has been said.  Great movie I thought though.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2005, 10:03 AM »
  Hopefully they can get some more done before the kids get too old, because it would be hard to imagine others in these roles at this point. 

They're scheduling the movies to keep them all near the right age. Phoenix is close to production, if it isn't already, and should be in theaters summer '07. By then, HBP should be in production for a winter '09 release.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2005, 11:30 AM »
If movie audiences accepted Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker in high school, then they'll certainly accept these kids as 16 year olds.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2005, 10:39 AM »
I wound up seeing Goblet again. Holds excellently a second time!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2005, 07:20 PM »
I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and plan on seeing it again when the theater isn't so crowded.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2005, 09:34 AM »
I'm not sure how it happened, but I have yet to see a single Harry Potter movie (and I'm way to lazy to read any of the books).  Needless to say, I'm a little out of touch with the Potter craze.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2005, 06:28 PM »
I went and saw it for a second time today.  Extra bonus was I was one of only three people in the theater!

Anyway, I enjoyed it yet again, and I'm amazed at how well the acting is in these films.  These kids really have some talent.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 7, 2006, 12:38 PM »
I'm sure everyone has heard by now, but just wanted to update:  Warner Brothers has announced that the fifth entry in the Harry Potter franchise is coming next summer.  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will be released on July 13, 2007.