Author Topic: Harry Potter  (Read 111139 times)

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Potter
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2006, 12:27 AM »
A walkthrough of the great hall and some other interesting sets is available on you tube.

and a very brief clip of the trailer is here

« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 09:53 AM by name »
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2006, 04:11 AM »
Your links are a bit wonky there, Richard.  I was going to edit them to remove JD's "form" portion of the URL that shouldn't be included there, but even deleting that piece didn't get them to work...  Maybe the HP big wigs had that stuff removed?

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2006, 09:53 AM »
thanks...i think i fixed it now.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2006, 11:13 AM »
Trailer looks good. Can't wait for the movie.
I remember my dream now.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2006, 04:05 PM »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2006, 04:19 PM »
Very cool!  I'm kind of curious about who that is in the mask.  Would Voldemort actually wear a mask?  I think I also spotted Bellatrix Lestrange.  It's also very cool to see Sirius Black back in the midst of things.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2006, 08:06 PM »
Even better! Can't wait till July.
I remember my dream now.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 21, 2006, 07:10 AM »
Wow, that was awesome.  I can't wait till the release a full trailer.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 29, 2006, 06:55 PM »
For those that have the idea that Harry may be the unknown Horcrux, how do you think that happened? When? I remember Dumbledore said that making a person or animal a Horcrux was a bad idea and it's already assumed that Nanini is one.

Harry's had a crappy life, therefore the moodiness. Parents are dead, left to be maltreated by his magic-hating relatives, unwanted attention. The boys been through a lot in the short life he's lived. I don't think he's excited about life too much unless he's playing Quiddich or snogging Ginny.

I'm not shooting down your idea, but am interested in hearing more about why you think so.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #144 on: November 29, 2006, 08:35 PM »
I'll take this on.

The theory comes from Chamber of Secrets, where Dumbledore talks about how Harry has some of the traits of Voldemort.  This happened when Voldemort tried to kill Harry that night and ended up transferring some of his power to him....ergo making him a horcrux, even if done by accident.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 1, 2006, 07:23 AM »
The creation of a horcrux requires an evil and violent act, murder being the most violent and unforgiveable act anyone can do. When he tried to kill the boy after murdering his parents, he wasn't able to because of the protection his mother gave him Harry by sacrificing herself. When the killing curse backfired, it left a piece of Voldemort in Harry, which is why Voldemort was weakened to near death.

Like Fury said, he left a piece of himself within Harry, including some of his traits, like being able to speak in Parseltongue, a trait not commonly found outside of Slytherin. Also it could be that Voldemort whet to the house all along to make Harry a Hrocruz, since it is believed that Harry himself is a decendant to Godric Gryffindor, and Voldemort used relics from each of the heads of the houses, ie Slytherin's locket, Hufflepuff's cup, and an unknown object of Ravenclaw's, which leaves Gryffindor's item!

Again just speculation. But it could be the huge shocker of Book 7, that Harry sacrifices himself so that Voldemort can never come back. I think it would be the only way to truly end this series. It leaves Ron and Hermione together as a couple, and the new leaders of Dumbledore's Army.

I think that Severus Snape becomes the new headmaster at Hogwarts, yes he becomes the new headmaster! What he did was to protect Draco, and Dumbledore knew this, he willingly sacrificed himself to protect Draco. Snape in fleeing continued to give hints to Potter on how to defeat Voldemort. I think he helps bring down Voldemort in book 7, and takes on the duties of headmaster!
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 2, 2006, 09:51 PM »
Wow, Jaye has posted here! :o

;)
I like the idea of Harry sacrifcing himself. But, I sorta hope Rowling dosen't have a screw you geeks with your happy ending! ending.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 3, 2006, 05:29 PM »
Thanks Matt and Jaye. The whole transfer of Voldemorts power to Harry when he killed his parents could make sense. Perhaps we don't know the whole story... that V was weakened after his killing Lily, that Harry was the only thing for V to make a Horcrux. No one would think it, right?

And Lady Jaye, you mentioned that Harry might die because he is the final Horcrux could be right on. JK Rowling said that she wanted to make it so that no further books could be written about Harry once she is dead... kind of like how some modern-day authors carry on making sequels of novels from long-dead authors. I know it isn't really the ending I'd like to see because Harry is finally finding a family and love of his own in the Weaselys and Ginny, especially after the life he had lived. Besides, once Voldemort is gone, there could be other dark wizards in the future and Harry could teach others to be Aurors, kind of like the DA.

I also think that we don't know everything about Snape either. Rowling has always made Harry so sure Snape was bad, and Dumbledore sure in his innocence. In fact, Harry is usually so adamant that his direction is right that in the end he is far from the truth. Sure, we are made to think that Snape murdered Albus. Snape had to play the part of double agent, he had to make the promise to help Draco to his mother otherwise it would seem odd he wouldn't help Voldemort's cause. He probably told Dumbledore about this and Dumbledore told him if the time came Snape should carry out his part and kill him to maintain his part as a spy for the Order.

Anyway, I can't wait to see how it all plays out in the end. Supposedly, a lot of people die. I wonder who.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 5, 2006, 08:09 AM »
Exactly, Snape may come off as a mean, rude, and uncaring, but there's more to it than just that! He is there to push Potter! Potter unfortunately just sees the outer level, he doesn't see beneath the big picture. He wants Potter to be the best, cause IMO, he knows Potter might be the only one that can bring down Voldemort once and for all!! That's why he protected him from Prof. Quirrel in Socerer's Stone, why he pushes him and goads him in the rest of the films! It's not to belittle Harry, but to get the first burning to be the best! Just that one scene in the preview trailer proves my point!

Which, like I said in my previous post, Snape will become the new Headmaster of Hogwarts!! It won't be Minerva, she's getting on in years. There's no other professor that can handle the position. Snape was trusted completely by Dumbledore, and I bet he left something behind for Snape to carry out his last wish and take over as Headmaster!

Of course the school could be destroyed, but it will be rebuilt!
« Last Edit: December 5, 2006, 08:12 AM by Lady Jaye »
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #149 on: December 5, 2006, 08:48 AM »
Good theory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!