Author Topic: Harry Potter  (Read 112737 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Potter
« Reply #345 on: March 10, 2009, 10:26 AM »
I think it may have first come out last week/weekend, but it appears there is a new trailer released for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 10, 2009, 01:46 PM »
I am excited for the movie, but it is going to hit me again when I see it that we are done with the books and I have nothing to look forward to in this series.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 9, 2009, 03:45 PM »

Harry Potter Villan arrested

Should have had a Port Key with him!
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 15, 2009, 10:39 AM »
Sounds like HP and the Half Blood Prince's release has been moved up a couple of days to July 15th.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 17, 2009, 09:29 AM »
New trailer for the Half Blood Prince is now up online, still looks really good to me.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 17, 2009, 10:24 AM »
Very cool. One of the few movies I'm looking forward to.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 17, 2009, 11:00 AM »
SPOILERISH QUESTION BELOW:

What is going on in that trailer with Jenny suspended up in the air above the snow....I don't recall that at all from the books.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 17, 2009, 11:02 AM »
 :o :o :o :o :o

The trailers for this movie have got to be the best they have done in years. Just out of this world.

What is going on in that trailer with Jenny suspended up in the air above the snow....I don't recall that at all from the books.

SPOILER ANSWER

That isn't Jenny. That is Kristin Bell. She accidentally touches a cursed necklace and that is what the curse does to her.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 17, 2009, 11:15 AM »

SPOILER ANSWER

That isn't Jenny. That is Kristin Bell. She accidentally touches a cursed necklace and that is what the curse does to her.

Spoilerish reply:

Ah yes....I had to get my secretary to come in and remind me about that.  Then I Googled the necklace:

The Opal necklace was a cursed Dark object, which was claimed to have taken the lives of many Muggles. It was used by Draco Malfoy in an attempt to assassinate Albus Dumbledore.

[edit] 1992When Harry Potter mistakenly went to Borgin and Burkes instead of Diagon Alley, he saw the necklace and read the label, "Cursed."

[edit] 1996-1997In 1996, four years later, the necklace was purchased at Borgin and Burkes by Draco Malfoy, under the orders of Lord Voldemort. [1] During the first Hogsmeade trip of the 1996-1997 Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry year, Draco Malfoy cast an Imperius Curse on Madam Rosmerta. She in turn cast another Imperius Curse on student Katie Bell. Bell was ordered to take a package containing the opal necklace to Albus Dumbledore.

Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley, and Hermione Granger witnessed Bell arguing with her friend, Leanne, as they were heading back to Hogwarts. They noted that Katie did not seem 'herself,' acting dazed and detached. During the course of the argument, the package ripped, and the necklace touched Katie's skin through a hole in her glove. Katie rose into the air, screaming, with Leanne screaming as well and attempting to pull her down. Ron and Hermione attempted to help while Harry ran off to find someone, bumping into Hagrid and leading him back to the group. After learning the nature of the event, Hagrid carried Katie to the castle, accompanied by Harry and his two friends, who handed over the necklace to Professor Severus Snape, through the Caretaker Argus Filch. Katie was taken to St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, where she spent much of that year recovering from the effects of the curse.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 11:17 AM by name »
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 17, 2009, 11:42 AM »
name - I gave the short, short, shot version of that story.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 21, 2009, 12:19 PM »
Four new TV spots for Half Blood Prince have popped up online.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 29, 2009, 10:20 PM »
Nothing much, but there's a gallery up with some on set filming pics from the Deathly Hallows.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 30, 2009, 01:08 AM »
It is just me or does Radcliffe have two caterpillers above his eyes?

Watson seems to be getting better looking in every movie. I wonder what she will do after Potter?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 01:09 AM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 11, 2009, 05:00 PM »
Just got back from seeing Half Blood Prince. It's just as good as the last movie. A lot of painful omissions from the book, but the movie does a fairly good job bridging the gaps.

I'm still not a fan of the director though. I'll admit that he did a better job on this one, but I still feel that 3 and 4 are the pinnacles of the series. There's simply a lack of grace to Yates' technique and it shines painfully when you contrast the emotional impact of the main death scenes in last three movies.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 10:55 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 14, 2009, 12:07 PM »
Newarama has an early review up that is very positive for Half Blood Prince as well.  Pretty much everything I've seen/read so far has been positive, but I think all the movies in this series have been well reviewed so far.  Definitely looking forward to seeing it, hopefully this weekend.