Author Topic: Jedi Council sets 3 & 4  (Read 67499 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Jedi Council sets 3 & 4
« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2004, 11:42 PM »
Man...some people might think this was...Duh Duh Duh...NEWS :P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2004, 11:53 PM »
And...by removing Shaak Ti and Stass Allie and adding Depa Biliba and Even Piell you'd have a great Episode I council, but by leaving them out and not having Coleman "Teenage Man Crush" Trebor in there, its like some sort of weird time period when Adi's cousin Stass was Jedi Council member for an hour and Yaddle and Yarael Poof were still alive

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2004, 12:40 AM »
And...by removing Shaak Ti and Stass Allie and adding Depa Biliba and Even Piell you'd have a great Episode I council, but by leaving them out and not having Coleman "Teenage Man Crush" Trebor in there, its like some sort of weird time period when Adi's cousin Stass was Jedi Council member for an hour and Yaddle and Yarael Poof were still alive

Don't you mean Adi's cousin Adi(i)??  ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2004, 08:23 AM »
"Circle of Suck"....I like that.  I haven't bought any of these sets since the initial two....I just couldn't bring myself to spend $20 on these for some reason.  But now, unfortunately, after seeing the whole circle together, I kind of want them again.  It still seems like too much to pay, for the rehashtastic sets that are out now, but I do like seeing that whole circle "complete".  It is a little more tempting after seeing Jeff's pics.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2004, 09:11 AM »
I'll buy them when they show up at TRU because that complete "Circle of Suck" looks pretty when assembled, it just sucks they went exclusive on these and other retailers wouldn't support the concept anymore.  We may have gotten some better figures :-\

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2004, 10:34 AM »
I also plan on picking up the "new" sets to complete the circle.  I have hundreds of carded figures and have only opened a Ep1 Maul in the modern line.  I do plan though on opening all six sets to form the circle.  That was my original intention when I caught the word from Hasbro.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2004, 06:27 PM »
How's this:

Yeah, now we're talkin'.  That's much better, and obviously more screen accurate without all the doofs standing between every other chair.  Looks real nice that way, figure accuracy aside, of course.

Now it's even more of a shame that we haven't gotten all of the correct figures, with articulated knees.  If Hasbro had half a freakin' brain, they would've just released this thing as a $20 playset, with one or two exclusive pack-in Jedi figures, and then just have found a way to get us the rest of the JC we still needed to fill it up.  This would've also gotten rid of the various "lines" running throughout the floor where the parts are segregated.  A nice two part backdrop of the Coruscant sky to fill the entire JC up (or just half of it) would've been a great touch too...

But the set itself, as it currently stands, definitely still looks excellent.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 06:34 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2004, 02:44 AM »
Wow.  Very nice looking shot there Nataku!  I've got to agree with JediMAC that it looks even nicer without all the extra standing figures.  Almost good enough to make me change my mind and consider buying the last 2 sets, but I can't bear to pay that much money for a couple pieces of flooring, and 6 piece of crap figures.  I'll have to think about it, but thanks for the motivation!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2004, 09:27 AM »
You have got to be ******* kidding me!

OTC Jedi Council Scene 3 MISB AFA U-100

Why people waste $$$ on AFA stuff!  ::)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2004, 01:02 PM »
Some dumbass could of bought 16 of those sets for the winning price.  Must be nice to have money to piss away. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2004, 01:06 PM »
I seriously wonder what the hell is wrong with people on this stuff...this is a $10 set...$10!!!!  So long $320, I don't need you...amazing what fools some people are...and the winner wasn't the only one willing to pay over $300 for this piece of ****

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2004, 01:13 PM »
That is just unbelievable.  I can't believe the money some people must have to just throw away.  I haven't even been able to talk myself into paying $20 for this, let alone $300+.  I guess I've never understood the fascination with grading modern figures like this anyways, but to each their own.  The only "single piece" from the collectible world that I would spend that type of money on would be a MOC or MIMB Star Wars vintage piece.  It is mind boggling to me that people would pay $300 for a Jedi Council set you can buy on Amazon...graded or not.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2004, 01:23 PM »
Wish I had the bidders money!  :o

Current and recent auctions bid on by andrealynette

Absolutely insane!  ::)

JORG SACUL AFA 100

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2004, 01:25 PM »
Wow.  Insane.  And I was figuring it was at least BOTH of the new Council sets, but no.  Just #3.  THREE people bidding over $30 on that?  Scary...

I think these folks are more collectors of top grade AFA than they are of Star Wars, 'cause that just makes NO sense whatsoever.

Anyone scope out the other stuff the buyer's bid on lately?  I'd be curious to see how common this is for him...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2004, 01:26 PM »
Wish I had the bidders money!  :o

Current and recent auctions bid on by andrealynette

Of course, as I'm typing my response up, Dale's WAY ahead of me.  Cool!   8)

Yeah, looks like the Jedi Council bid is just the tip of the iceberg.  $400 for the Jorg Sacul.  $100+ for an AFA 90 OTC C-3PO?  Definitely a millionaire, or a mentally challenged person.  Not sure which...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 01:36 PM by JediMAC »