Author Topic: Jedi Council sets 3 & 4  (Read 67506 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi Council sets 3 & 4
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2004, 01:04 AM »
Need to see the pics, but based on the conversation here, I'm thinking wait until clearance which may take forever.  

I think Scott picked up the first two sets for me nearly a year ago.  I saw them several months later in Cincinnati and then just last month in North Dakota, so they don't move all that quick.  I hope.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2004, 09:34 AM »
I hope that the Jedi Scenes # 3/4 or 5/6 or what ever we are calling them are just mock-ups.

Kinda like how the "Cantina Set 2" they have at SDCC doesn't match the pics on the Hasbro website (different Ben).

Maybe?   :-\

Otherwise, yeah those Jedi packs blow.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2004, 09:38 AM »
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 09:43 AM by OCB »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2004, 09:50 AM »
This is definitely a disappointing turn of events.  Agen Kolar and Stass Allie shouldn't have been a part of these sets.  I'm also disappointed that the Saesee Tiin mold is the SAGA version, and not the CLONE WARS one.  Just fix that horn and give him bendable knees and he would've been perfect.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2004, 09:51 AM »
Good point Nick, why also not throw in Coleman instead of Agen Kolar if you're gonna do something this idiotic.  It was a great idea as Brent and Jesse said.  The first 2 sets were really nice, the second 2 are so/so but these last two are down right laughable

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2004, 10:02 AM »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2004, 01:41 PM »
Funnier every time I see it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2004, 10:18 AM »
These sets are really frustrating.  I bought the first two, and thought they were pretty cool...but have been looking at the pile of the latest set (Qui, Ki Adi, Yoda) sitting at TRU, and although I know I want the "whole circle", I just can't bring myself to buy it.  It just seems like such a rip off, $20 for three figures I have standing here on my shelves already.  Just so they have some chairs.  I don't know, I really want to complete the circle, but looking at that set (and pics of these others), its going to be tough to spend $20 a pop on these.  The re-coloring is laughable.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2004, 02:35 PM »
Amazon has set 2 (Plo, Obi and Eeth) in stock

SilverZ

« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2004, 08:40 PM »
Also showing up in-store at TRU. Found them locally today.

It's not anywhere near as bad as Scene 1. Eeth is pretty cool and a good variation of the character after the super-posed version. Plo is actually a lot better once he's out of the packaging, since it's actually possible to pose him with his crazy Saga arms into something somewhat neutral in his chair.

Obi-Wan still blows 1999 Episode 1 chuncks, though. What a lame figure. I want a super-articulated version of him with a freakin' good headsculpt and a Padawan braid that doesn't look like a giant dead worm hanging from his ear.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2004, 12:14 AM »
hmm, i found the yoda/qui gon/ki adi set today, and actually carried it around for a while before putting it back. i can't bring myself to buy that monstrosity. i know i need one, but i just can't. maybe one day, i'll go into toys r us and it will be a miracle, they'll have all kinds of stuff that i want, and i can just kinda sneak that into my cart and not notice that i'm buying it. that's gonna be the only way i can see myself taking that crap home.

but the council set looks so damn awesome fully assembled on the back...

but $20 for a base is crazy. 'cause those figures are pretty much going right in the trash.

SilverZ

« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2004, 12:24 AM »
I was thinking about this a little bit, and here's my little concern - when I found the second set today, it was in a case of 6, all Scene 2. It will be interesting to see if they're actively shipping Scene 1 at the same time, or the production runs on these are lower and what is out there is it (I kinda doubt it, but you never know).

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2004, 12:47 AM »
Does anyone find that the paint apps on the Jedi Council Scene 1 Ki-Adi Mundi is not so good?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

SilverZ

« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2004, 01:38 AM »
Does anyone find that the paint apps on the Jedi Council Scene 1 Ki-Adi Mundi is not so good?

He's right here on the desk, and to me he looks like he's been hanging out in the lady's makeup department. Not so good.  :-\

Ok, now that I've opened Scene 2, I'm a little confused about the Obi-Wan in the set. He has swivel articulation at the elbows, but no wrist articulation, which I'm pretty sure the Jedi Duel version had. Am I remembering wrong? The hands are just painted and non-articulated. The feet have a 1999 copyright.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2004, 08:30 AM »
I believe that Obi-Wan from set #2 is from the PotJ line, not the Ep1 Final Duel version.

He is the "Chocolate-Dipped" Obi-Wan, without the rubber cloak/shell and saber...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender