Author Topic: How did Cloud City get my email addy?  (Read 2052 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
How did Cloud City get my email addy?
« on: May 28, 2004, 11:10 PM »
Not complaining really, it's a neat site and their updates are interesting.  But I never signed up to receive it from them and I've never ordered anything there.  So how'd they get it?  Do note I am not accusing anyone of anything, it's just an odd curiosity to me. :) :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
Re: How did Cloud City get my email addy?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 11:36 PM »
I wondered the same thing, having never bought anything from them in the past. Then again I've never bought penis increasing pills, and I get emails from them all the time. I suspect Virex may be the one to blame for that though  ::)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2004, 02:31 AM »
It's possible the fellas at Cloud City have been browsing through the Member Lists here, or at GH or Rs, and adding any of the publicly listed e-mails to their mailing list...

That'd be my guess anyway.  Some good deals to be found at their store from time to time though, so it may be worth a quick looksee through their e-mail sales and specials.  Definitely a great vintage offering at CC to be sure.  But if you guys ain't interested, there's always the ol' "UNSUBSCRIBE" option.   ;)

EDIT:  Looks like Brent's e-mail isn't publicly displayed here or at GH, but Jamie's is at both places.  But they're both displayed in the User List over at RS, so maybe that's where they're getting it from...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2004, 02:46 AM by JediMAC »

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2004, 04:10 AM »
Well I guess that would explain the Cloud City email, but what about the "enlargement" ones? Are you telling me I shouldn't have my email address publicly listed on the www.enlargeitnow.com forums?  >:(

« Last Edit: May 29, 2004, 04:33 AM by jjks »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2004, 10:11 AM »
I wondered the same thing, having never bought anything from them in the past. Then again I've never bought penis increasing pills, and I get emails from them all the time. I suspect Virex may be the one to blame for that though  ::)

Hmmm.

Well, I have been doing research at a few penis reduction websites lately (for personal reasons), but that's about it--so I don't think those e-mails you're getting are originating from me.

Sorry.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2004, 11:40 AM »
They told me in the first one that they got mine from RS. I don't mind though, since it isn't spam, and like Morgbug said, they have some neat items.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2004, 02:57 PM »

Hmmm.

Well, I have been doing research at a few penis reduction websites lately (for personal reasons), but that's about it--so I don't think those e-mails you're getting are originating from me.

Sorry.

Liar! One of the quotes in one of the emails came from Anonymous in OK...who else could it be!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 1, 2004, 10:49 AM »
I was wondering this as well.  I don't mind the little newsletters, but I haven't ever ordered from them either (or signed up for the newsletter to my knowledge), but have been receiving them lately too.  I don't mind it though, like I said, never hurts to check things out :).