The movie stinks but I like the toys. Anyone else buy these? Hello? Hello?
The handful of you who picked up some figures or perused the backs at the TRU may recall the low-res images of the 2 fighters, the Rapier and Dralthi. There's a write up and pics of the prototypes here
Highlights of the article:
- the ships never made it into production (contrary to rumors)
- the ships will be displayed at DragonCon this year (if the article is recent)
- the movie was billed as a kiddie flick so X-Toys decided to initially make toys instead of collectables.
- a detailed 9-inch line for later release was part of the plan
- production of the 3-3/4" figures totaled only 10,000 -- at least that's the way I'm reading the article, though it might have meant 10,000 of each figure. Either way, that sounds like a small run.
- sales of Wild Wild West sucked even more than Wing Commander