Author Topic: AFA Idiocy  (Read 6816 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: AFA Idiocy
« Reply #1 on: June 1, 2004, 12:26 PM »
Looks like your standard $4.77 Star Wars toy to me... Oh wait...

::)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 1, 2004, 03:31 PM »
Lottery winner????

As a side note, that OTC Vader looks pretty nice actually.  D'oh!
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: June 1, 2004, 05:10 PM »
My god...  Just, simply...  Wow.

People are dumb.  Dumb, Dumb, Dumb...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 1, 2004, 05:21 PM »
Ha! I have that figure at the retail price plus the cost of a Star Case.

…I did the rating myself (after all, only one’s own opinion counts in the end). It was bought online straight out a case and never circulated so I gave it an U-85  ;D
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: June 1, 2004, 05:28 PM »
I'll give you $150 for it then Rob :P :-X ;D

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 1, 2004, 08:25 PM »
I can't believe that the price for the Han Solo figure $816.  I think I have a few of those still hanging around in my trade stuff so maybe I should send it in to AFA.  Over at RS it was pointed out that maybe the seller thinks he has some vintage figures and that why the price ended up so high.  In the end he should of gone to any of the Star Wars sites to see what that figure really was.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: June 2, 2004, 09:34 AM »
People are just sick, and that Han Solo was just wrong. I wish I had money i could throw away like that. At least I woul duse it for something actually worth it like a Vlix figure or a 63rd POTF coin.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: June 2, 2004, 09:36 AM »
I've also seen theories that perhaps there is some shill bidding going on here.  I don't think that's the case, I think this buyer is an idiot

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 2, 2004, 10:00 AM »
Well its looks like the idiot paid according to his feedback. Cloud City posted a positive feedback on him on Jun-01-04 11:19 am for that Han figure. The item number is a match.

Member Profile: neotoys

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 2, 2004, 11:00 AM »
Just incase Bill Cable has not seen this thread, you have to check out creaturecantina.com for his commentary on this eBay auction.

Nicely done Bill!  ;D  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: June 2, 2004, 11:20 AM »
eBay bidders redefines "stupid f&$%ing idiot"
Posted by: Bill Cable 06.02.04 12:01am
CreatureCantina.com readers are known to be an intelligent bunch. So I ask you... how would you spend $816 of your collecting dollars? Maybe you'd pick up a 12-back figure in nice condition. One of the main guys like Han, Luke or Vader. Or maybe a couple of the lesser-valued 12-backs. Get a nice pair of unpunched Droids... R2-D2 and C-3PO. Or maybe you'd pick up a Droids Boba Fett with a clear bubble. Or maybe you'd grab some of the rarer POTF figures... a Nikto, Gamorrean Guard, AT-AT Driver or Han Trenchcoat.

You could even pick up some Vintage prototypes! Many first shots trade below $800. They're extremely rare and historically important pieces... and for $816 you'd have a good shot at many of them. Or you could get a Micro 4-UP. Those green resin puppies could be the talk of your collection. Or maybe a Vintage cardback Cromalin. You could even afford two of the lesser Jedi Cromalins for $816. Cromalins are the "hard copies" of the printed world... generally one-of-a-kind pieces of Kenner history... a true centerpiece of any focus.

Or maybe you'd like to buy some newer figures. $816... that's 154 Saga figures after tax. That's just about every single Saga figure that's been released since Attack of the Clones figures started coming out. That's over two years of collecting right there... $816.

So you could do a lot with $816. You could acquire some stunningly significant pieces that would be the highlight of most any collection. OR you could meet your collecting goals for years. Or, if you were an stupid f&$%ing idiot, you could get a single OTC Han Solo re-pack in a sealed plastic case. One such moron can be found on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5900795112

Yes neotoys, you prove once again the old saying, "A fool and his money are soon parted." You give hope to every scam artist and trickster out that that even to this day, a sucker is born every minute. You've single-handedly raised (or lowered) the bar against which idiots are judged order to be considered stupid f&$%ing idiots. Congratulations! I sincerely hope you cherish every minute you sit and stare at this generally unexceptional and common figure as it sits on your shelf... because that's all the value you'll ever get out of it. You're going to lose every penny of your "investment" if you should ever attempt to unload it.

But we can't sit here and call neotoys the only stupid f&$%ing idiot. After all, he's not the only person to bid. havick27 is the stupid f&$%ing idiot who would have paid $806 for this $5 figure that we'll be seeing all over the shelves in the next two weeks. andrealynette is the stupid f&$%ing idiot who would have paid $260 for this mass-produced piece of re-carded plastic. And then there zzsh003. Actually, zzsh003 would have only paid $30 for this figure... which while not the way I'd spend $30, that's really only the cost of the figure + AFA's grading service, so it's tough to criticize.

So there you have it... idiocy on display for everyone to see. Hopefully we'll all learn something from this... like that it's time to head over to Wal*mart and bribe an associate to run in back a grab you a sealed case of OTC figures. I wonder if there's enough idiots out there to make us all rich.
;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 2, 2004, 12:06 PM »

Offline Pistol Pete

• Youngling
  • Maul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 2, 2004, 02:52 PM »
This guy obviously doesn't know his head from his ******* because its firmly planted up there
Bang Bang