Author Topic: What 90's Rock star are you?  (Read 4118 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
What 90's Rock star are you?
« on: June 5, 2004, 05:47 PM »
You are EDDIE VEDDER! You are EDDIE VEDDER, of the famous Seattle grunge rock band, PEARL JAM! You practically started grunge and became very famous, though you avoid spotlight. You don't like fame, cause you are all for the music and the people! Ticketmaster sucks! INFLUENCED BY: Neil Young, Led Zeppelin, Kiss, Jimi Hendrix HAS INFLUENCED: Grunge bands. RECOMENED WORKS: Riot Act [2003] Yield [1998] Ten [1991]

Hell yeah. :D

http://quizilla.com/users/daemon6233/quizzes/What%2090's%20Rock%20Star%20are%20you%3F/

Edit: Forgot linky for the quiz.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2004, 05:48 PM by HMI »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

SilverZ

Re: What 90's Rock star are you?
« Reply #1 on: June 5, 2004, 06:36 PM »
 :o >:( Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

You are DAVE MATTHEWS!

You're DAVE MATTHEWS, why, you even have your own band... DAVE MATTHEWS BAND! You're a great song writer and musician who fancies jazz and rock.

INFLUENCED BY:
Jimi Hendrix, Louis Armstrong, jazz and blues.

HAS INFLUENCED:
All those jazzy college pothead bands.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2 on: June 5, 2004, 06:59 PM »
Uh-oh:

You are KURT COBAIN! You became an ultimate hit from the second your band, NIRVANA, hit the radio waves with the smash hit "Smells Like Teen Spirit". However, your fame was short lived after you became very depressed and very much addicted to heroin! Sadly, you killed yourself. Nevertheless, you remain an icon in music history. Some say you invented alternative rock/90's grunge... but you didn't really. So don't kid yourself. INFLUENCED BY: Joy Division, Jimmy Hendrix, The Clash, Sonic Youth HAS INFLUENCED: Most every 90's band, whether they like it or not. RECOMENDED WORKS: Nevermind [1991] In Utero [1993]

(I don't really think that I'm Kurt Cobain, though--I don't put too much stock in a website which spells Hendrix's name as "Jimmy", and doesn't list the Pixies as an influence of Cobain's, or the Who as an influence of Vedder's. . .  Besides, I'm a year older than Kurt, and terribly afraid of firearms.)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 5, 2004, 07:12 PM »
You are BONO! You're BONO from the extremely popular band U2! Everyone knows your band, and most people love it. You've been around for a long time, and you're still around today. Good job! You've switched over to pop music in the last few years, and it has definitly given you a lot of attention! Smile, you Irish bastard, cause it's a beautiful day! INFLUENCED BY: Beatles, The Who, David Bowie, most 70's bands. HAS INFLUENCED: Most pop bands everywhere. RECOMENDED WORKS: All That You Can't Leave Behind [2000] The Joshua Tree [1990]

:-*

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 5, 2004, 07:57 PM »
You are MARILYN MANSON! Oh, you devil, you. You're MARILYN MANSON from the band... MARILYN MANSON. You're a parent's worse nightmare, open about drugs, EXTREMELY controversial, and the antichrist superstar. Your loud concerts, scary clothing, and obscene lyrics have given you fame. Good for you. INFLUENCED BY: Nine Inch Nails, Joy Division, Ozzy Osbourne, Skinny Puppy, David Bowie HAS INFLUENCED: All those scary goth bands. RECOMENDED WORKS: Mechanical Animals [1998] Antichrist Superstar [1995]

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: June 5, 2004, 09:43 PM »
You are DAVE MATTHEWS! You're DAVE MATTHEWS, why, you even have your own band... DAVE MATTHEWS BAND! You're a great song writer and musician who fancies jazz and rock. INFLUENCED BY: Jimi Hendrix, Louis Armstrong, jazz and blues. HAS INFLUENCED: All those jazzy college pothead bands. RECCOMENDED WORKS: Crash [1996] Before These Crowded Streets [1998] Everyday (for more rock stuff) [2001]  :-\

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 5, 2004, 10:14 PM »
You are COURTNEY LOVE! You are COURTNEY LOVE! You were married to Kurt Cobain, one of the most famous rock stars ever! Too bad he shot himself, and drugs ruined your life and faded you away from the music scene. However, you were in a band HOLE... but they're gone now. From doing drugs while pregenant to stealing people's songs, you never cease to cause a lot of controversy! INFLUENCED BY: Nirvana, The Clash, The Ramones, Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters HAS INFLUENCED: Most bands with female singers RECOMENDED WORKS: Celebrity Skin [1998]

I always knew I was Virex's bitch...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 5, 2004, 11:51 PM »
You are MARILYN MANSON! Oh, you devil, you. You're MARILYN MANSON from the band... MARILYN MANSON. You're a parent's worse nightmare, open about drugs, EXTREMELY controversial, and the antichrist superstar. Your loud concerts, scary clothing, and obscene lyrics have given you fame. Good for you. INFLUENCED BY: Nine Inch Nails, Joy Division, Ozzy Osbourne, Skinny Puppy, David Bowie HAS INFLUENCED: All those scary goth bands. RECOMENDED WORKS: Mechanical Animals [1998] Antichrist Superstar [1995]

Heh. ;D

I think it's the parents worst nightmare response that nailed us.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 5, 2004, 11:56 PM »
I am...

You are BILLY CORGAN! You are BILLY CORGAN from the very successful 90's rock band, SMASHING PUMPKINS. You tried very hard to do stuff different, and indeed you did. Why you even started your new band after SP broke up, ZWAN. You're hard rock angst appealed to the youth and made you famous even if you're a bit nasally on the vocals. INFLUENCED BY: New Order, Journey, David Bowie, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles HAS INFLUENCED: Most 90's bands. RECOMENDED WORKS: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness [1995] Siamese Dream [1993] (Zwan) Mary Star of the Sea [2003]
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #9 on: July 2, 2005, 01:08 AM »
You are EDDIE VEDDER!

You are EDDIE VEDDER, of the famous Seattle grunge rock band, PEARL JAM! You practically started grunge and became very famous, though you avoid spotlight. You don't like fame, cause you are all for the music and the people! Ticketmaster sucks!

INFLUENCED BY:
Neil Young, Led Zeppelin, Kiss, Jimi Hendrix

HAS INFLUENCED:
Grunge bands.

RECOMENED WORKS:
Riot Act [2003]
Yield [1998]
Ten [1991]

Bah!
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #10 on: July 2, 2005, 01:33 AM »
The ****, I'm Marilyn Manson?!?!?!

I HATE Marilyn Manson, bloody ****** hell!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #11 on: July 2, 2005, 01:50 AM »
Wanna trade? ;)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 2, 2005, 01:58 AM »
You are BONO! You're BONO from the extremely popular band U2! Everyone knows your band, and most people love it. You've been around for a long time, and you're still around today. Good job! You've switched over to pop music in the last few years, and it has definitly given you a lot of attention! Smile, you Irish bastard, cause it's a beautiful day! INFLUENCED BY: Beatles, The Who, David Bowie, most 70's bands. HAS INFLUENCED: Most pop bands everywhere. RECOMENDED WORKS: All That You Can't Leave Behind [2000] The Joshua Tree [1990]
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #13 on: July 2, 2005, 02:23 AM »
I'm pretty sure The Joshua Tree was released in 1987. Therefore this quiz has no credibility.

;D j/k.

I'm still Eddie Vedder, only my hair is too blonde to pull off that jesus look.

don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 2, 2005, 09:33 AM »
You are DAVE MATTHEWS! You're DAVE MATTHEWS, why, you even have your own band... DAVE MATTHEWS BAND! You're a great song writer and musician who fancies jazz and rock. INFLUENCED BY: Jimi Hendrix, Louis Armstrong, jazz and blues. HAS INFLUENCED: All those jazzy college pothead bands. RECCOMENDED WORKS: Crash [1996] Before These Crowded Streets [1998] Everyday (for more rock stuff) [2001]
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.