Author Topic: OTC Floor Display  (Read 6632 times)

SilverZ

Re: OTC Floor Display
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2004, 06:02 PM »
Oh, but wait Matt, there's a problem...

Ok, it's back at home and a couple quick first observations are in order (I'm putting it together now, but there's no instructions).

First off, Hasbro sucks. There are several differences noticable right off the bat from this:

The base portion is not a starfield, but instead solid black on the finished product. The side panels are not Star Destroyer images, or whatever Imperial stuff, but again, solid black. The Star Wars logo marquee is the same, except the TIE Fighters are absent.

The carton it comes in is labelled specifically for EE. I'll get pics up once I've put it together, and probably send a note to EE to let them know the product Hasbro delivered varies quite a bit from the original images.

It looks cool so far, but geez Hasbro, thanks for doing minimal effort... again.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2004, 06:07 PM »
****.  That sucks.  The starfield design is what makes it look "Star Wars"...   :-\

That's a serious bummer.  I still like the header, but the lack of Star Destroyers on the sides blows too.

Dumb Hasbro.   >:(

Offline austinPOTF

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Drive Fast, Walk Slow
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2004, 06:47 PM »
****.  That sucks.  The starfield design is what makes it look "Star Wars"...   :-\

That's a serious bummer.  I still like the header, but the lack of Star Destroyers on the sides blows too.

Dumb Hasbro.   >:(

No ****. Hey, Hasbro, I can MAKE a black box.  ::)

SilverZ

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2004, 06:56 PM »
The shipping carton, note the Entertainment Earth specific labelling:

The parts as delivered. There are no instructions. Figures come pre-mounted on pegs in the carton, with cardboard seperators as padding. In total the parts include the marquee, the base assembley, and two figure cartons with pegs:

Fully assembled without figures on the bottom pegs, notice the lack of side art:

The full case assembled, as far as I can without wrecking the marquee. There's a flap on the front of the marquee that should probably fold under into the top rack, but it doesn't want to do it without some forcing, which I've quickly learned leads to quick marring of the black paper coating on the cardboard:

Closer view of the top figure rack, in which I've placed figures inside Star Cases, two deep:

And the bottom rack, using bare figure cards, three deep:

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2004, 07:01 PM »
Still pretty cool, but yeah - I like the original one (up top) better...   :-\

Thanks for the pix J!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2004, 08:36 PM »
Great pics!  It looks like a nice piece to have.  Very nostalgic.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2004, 08:19 AM »
Thanks for the pics, looks pretty cool.  I agree with you guys though, the original pictured one looks better...the one you actually receive just looks kind of....plain.  Still neat, from a nostalgic standpoint, and a cool item to have in your collection.