Author Topic: New OTC Rumor List!  (Read 4111 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
New OTC Rumor List!
« on: June 8, 2004, 09:39 AM »
TheJawa.com has posted more rumors/rumblings of things that could be showing up within the next year or so.  Nothing is confirmed, but interesting food for thought:

TheJawa.com Rumor Report

Out of respect for their news, you can visit the link for the entire list....but some of the things on the list (although many are likely repacks), sound good to me simply because I missed them the first time around and many make it sound as if these were pretty good to begin with (such as 4-LOM, Zuckuss, Rancor, Rebo Band).  These are figures I was going to pick up via ebay, but now I just as well wait and see if these rumors pan out.  Any thoughts on the list?  Hopefully the Luke Skywalker - Endor that is listed would be a new version, but I'm not holding my breath.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Recarded rehashes up the ying yang!
« Reply #1 on: June 8, 2004, 09:52 AM »
Jimmy's been pretty good with some of the stuff this year...

http://www.tradefederation.net/cldata/tfforum2/387.html

So we'll see how that list pans out, hoping a lot of it happens

Here was the latest rumor list...most of those have already been listed before.  Really they only two new ones are Ree Yees (which is unnecessary IMO) and the Gunner (which would be welcome) and the Rebo Band (also unnecessary)

ANH
R5-D4
Hem Dazon
Banniss Keeg
Bom Vimdin
Feltipern Trevagg (Gotal)
Elis Herlot (Givin)
General Tagge
Luke in Stormtrooper disguise
Han in Stormtrooper disguise
Death Star Trooper
Death Star Officer (Death Star)

ESB
AT-AT driver (Hoth)
Probe Droid (Hoth)
Meditation Chamber Vader
Bespin Dinner Vader
Luke Skywalker (Medical Frigate)
2-1B (Hoth)
E-3PO (Bespin)
Captain Needa (Star Destroyer)
Zuckuss (Star Destroyer)
4-LOM (Star Destroyer)
General Veers
Darth Vader Hoth

ROTJ
Bib Fortuna
Chief Chirpa
Hermi Odle
Weequay
Yarna D'Al Gargan (Jabba's Palace)
Umpass-Stay (Jabba's Palace)
Ak-Rev (Jabba's Palace)
Hreck Kal Fas (Tatooine)
Worrt (Jabba's Palace)
Nien Numb
Luke Skywalker (Endor)
Admiral Ackbar (Endor)
Imperial Dignitary #3 (Sim Aloo)
Imperial Dignitary # 4
Moff Jerjerrod (Death Star)
Gammorean Guard

Vehicles
Cloud Car

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
More new figures?
« Reply #2 on: June 8, 2004, 11:25 AM »
From JediMAC: Merging Pat's Saga thread here, in with this one...   ;)

Rumors from TheJawa.com:

BASIC FIGURES
-4-LOM
-AT-AT Driver (new sculpt, possibly along the lines of the SAGA TIE Fighter Pilot)
-Astromech droid (designation unknown)
-Banniss Keeg - Duros Cantina Alien
-Bom Vimdim - Cantina Alien
-Darth Vader - Bespin Dinner
-Gotal - Cantina Alien
-Hem Dazon - Cantina Alien
-Imperial Gunner (reportedly a new sculpt)
-Luke Skywalker - Endor
-R5-D4
-Ree Yees
-Zuckuss

CLONE WARS
The Clone Wars may not be over quite yet. Rumor has it that a third and fourth wave of animated figures may be on the way.

DELUXE FIGURES & MULTI-PACKS
-Darth Vader - 500th Edition Figure .This is a commemorative edition figure. It's reportedly the most accurate rendition of Darth Vader ever, and may surpass the 300th Edition Boba Fett in quality.
-Max Rebo Band 3-Pack. This is currently being reported as a similar presentation to the Return Of The Jedi era Max Rebo Band 3-pack.

BEASTPACKS
-Rancor
-Bantha

VEHICLES
-Twin Pod Cloud Car

By no means are any of these things confirmed by Hasbro at this time. These are things that may be in the pipeline within the coming year.

Note: Some have already been posted and some others are new, but this is the first report of them together.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2004, 05:11 AM by JediMAC »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: More new figures?
« Reply #3 on: June 8, 2004, 02:43 PM »
I would want everything on this list as long as the re-do's are resculpted (but I'd take a few Ree Yees of the POTF2 sculpt for customs).  But most of this list is new stuff anyway!  I really, really hope this list is legit, and that we see this stuff in stores before the EP3 campaign hits.

:P

SilverZ

« Reply #4 on: June 8, 2004, 02:59 PM »
Of all the things they could re-release without suffering my wrath, it's the Bantha. I need more Banthas! I feel dumb for never having bought more than 1.

I can actually understand the Rebo band, as well. I never had a problem finding them, but it sure sound like a lot of others did. Recirculating these makes sense to me.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #5 on: June 8, 2004, 03:05 PM »
List sounds good.  I wonder if that Bespin Dinner Vader isn't the CD-ROM version.

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 8, 2004, 03:16 PM »
Wasn't it shown somewhere a pic of the battered Bespin Luke, but now in a clean Endor/Bespin tan outfit?  Could this be the Endor Luke listed?  I'd love to see those Cantina aliens... they have been rumored for a while now.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 8, 2004, 05:57 PM »
Yeah the Luke was shown, but that wouldn't be the Endor version, but rather a non-beat up Bespin/Cloud City Luke.

:P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: New OTC Rumor List!
« Reply #8 on: June 9, 2004, 03:55 AM »
Certainly looks good to me.  My question is this though: If Hasbro's planning on sticking with any type of "themed waves", like they have with all new figures this year (including the 2 new OTC waves), then what are the chances for the figures on this rumor list?  I'd say the 4 Cantina figures (Hem Dazon, Bom Vimdin, Gotal, Bannis Keeg) would obviously fit into their own themed wave, but that's about it.  Would've rather had Givins or Myo in there instead of Bannis, but I'll live.  I suppose at some point they'll run out of good ideas for themed waves, and have to ditch the idea, and just go back to putting out random figures, so hopefully that's the case, and all these rumored figures come to fruition.

Some of those (presumably) resculpted figures aren't all that necessary IMO (Ree-Yees, Imperial Gunner, AT-AT Driver), but I'll take 'em.  I'd much rather have a Jabba's Palace version of Ishi Tibb (which we never got), rather than another Ree Yees though.  The other resculpts of R5-D4 and Endor Luke are way overdue, and it'll be nice to get even better updated versions of 4-LOM and Zuckuss to round out the new and improved ESB Bounty Hunter lineup diorama.

I'm sure that Bespin Vader is the long hibernating CD-Rom version too.  But considering they've done away with those little blaster bolt effects, I'd be a little surprised to see another one surface after all this time.  Miss those things...  And finally, any new Astromech is cool with me, but I'd love the one that Scott pointed out in the SWS.com exclusive figure thread:

The 500th Vader would be cool, if it's really an "ultimate" version.  Though I thought that's what Hasbro was aiming for with the VOTC one.  Guess this one will have the whole removable helmet deal though.  A Rebo Band set is long overdue, so that'd be welcome since a lot of people missed out on that HTF exclusive back in '98.  That Cloud Car is definitely a given at some point, as far as I'm concerned - especially now that the Pilot is coming.

Good stuff.  With only 2 or 3 waves of unannounced figures still rumored before Ep. 3, I'd guess that one wave will be the Prequel figures, including Sly Moore, Yarua, and Pablo Jill.  Then hopefully one wave will be the four Cantina figures.  Anything above and beyond that would make me very happy.  Seems there's enough time leading up to next April to pump another couple waves out beyond just 2 or 3, so hopefully Hasbro's gonna surprise us with some fun announcements at SDCC next month!   8)

But if they just get that long overdue Cantina wave of aliens out, that'll go FAR in restoring a lot of people's faith in Hasbro after all the recarded rehashes announced for the remainer of the year.  Just some Cantina aliens Hasbro.  That's all you need to do to get back in our good graces (for now)...   :-*

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: June 9, 2004, 09:53 AM »
Hmmm...

-4-LOM
-Zuckuss
-Banniss Keeg - Duros Cantina Alien
-Bom Vimdim - Cantina Alien
-Gotal - Cantina Alien
-Hem Dazon - Cantina Alien
-Darth Vader - Bespin Dinner
-Imperial Gunner (reportedly a new sculpt)
-Luke Skywalker - Endor
-R5-D4
-AT-AT Driver (new sculpt, possibly along the lines of the SAGA TIE Fighter Pilot)
-Astromech droid (designation unknown)
-Ree Yees

Like it was stated earlier, if Hasbro sticks with the themed waves, this doesn't make sense to me, but whatever.  It's probably nuggets here and there, where we learn two figs in the wave and the rest is filled in later maybe?

And regarding the Cantina figures, what ever happened to the rumor of the Cantina wave 2 being released via K-Mart?!?  Wasn't there supposed to be a second set of three as well or something?

And couldn't the "Astromech" on the list just be the Ep3 preview Obi-Wan's droid that the GH swami predicted on?  I'll bet that's who the little droid is.

CLONE WARS
The Clone Wars may not be over quite yet. Rumor has it that a third and fourth wave of animated figures may be on the way.

Well, now that we know there are more episodes on the way, that will only bolster the rumors of more figures.  Why?  Beating a dead horse.  Do we really need Padme, R2, 3PO, Greivious, Bariss, Kit, Luminara, Obi-Wan in Armor?

DELUXE FIGURES & MULTI-PACKS
-Darth Vader - 500th Edition Figure .This is a commemorative edition figure. It's reportedly the most accurate rendition of Darth Vader ever, and may surpass the 300th Edition Boba Fett in quality.
-Max Rebo Band 3-Pack. This is currently being reported as a similar presentation to the Return Of The Jedi era Max Rebo Band 3-pack.

Vader interests me, the band pack does not.  I've already got the vintage band and the PotF2 version.  Do we really need a third version?  I hope it's just a repack so I can skip it.

BEASTPACKS
-Rancor
-Bantha

Nice for those who missed them.  I'll pass though.

VEHICLES
-Twin Pod Cloud Car

Didn't Mike at GH say that Hasbro lost the original mold so we'd probably never see it.  They couldn't possibly be working on a new one could they?  I'll go ahead and write this one off, especially since it's been rumored since 2000 and it still isn't here.  As the last real OT vehicle that's yet to be re-done, it will be constantly rumored...

Just my $0.02,
Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: New OTC Rumor List!
« Reply #10 on: June 9, 2004, 09:59 AM »
I've talked to the source of the rumor and he's fairly certain that it's coming within the next 3 years.  I told him about the tooling and mold thing and he said its still high on the To Do list

The rest of the stuff has been recycled a few times now on Rumor lists...we'll see if any of that stuff pans out.  I'm hopeful but as the report said, this might not be until 2005 or 2006