Author Topic: Letter writing campaign to GG regarding...  (Read 6626 times)

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Letter writing campaign to GG regarding...
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 07:24 AM »
Yes, we all know that GG has sucked in the past year or so, but I am tired of hearing this silly "east coast" theory in regards to winners.  I live in Delaware and have only won 1 of 7 raffles that I have entered.  Another bit of knowledge...the majority of the population lives on either the east or west coast.  That can help account for the numbers.  At the present time, we do not know the number of members or their locations, so to say only the north eastern states can win the raffle is a little ridiculous.  Why "rig" the raffle for those people?

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2007, 10:59 AM »
Yes, we all know that GG has sucked in the past year or so, but I am tired of hearing this silly "east coast" theory in regards to winners.  I live in Delaware and have only won 1 of 7 raffles that I have entered.  Another bit of knowledge...the majority of the population lives on either the east or west coast.  That can help account for the numbers.  At the present time, we do not know the number of members or their locations, so to say only the north eastern states can win the raffle is a little ridiculous.  Why "rig" the raffle for those people?

IIRC there was a gathering of info on gentlegiantcollectors.com that did get as much info as it could regarding who won and where they are from. That info is where it was revealed. Again I'm not certain if that's the website, but I'm pretty sure.

Here's the thread I think the info is contained in.
http://www.gentlegiantcollectors.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3703
There are many pages and I didn't go through them all,  so read at your leisure/risk.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 12:49 PM »

It's not a theory at this point, I'd say it's pretty much proven.  And it only pertains to the Neyo raffle.  I don't think anything was rigged, I think it was run in a stupid manner and I also think an apology is most definitely in order on that one.  roughly 35% of the winners have been accounted for and they are ALL located in one geographic corner of the US (with 2 or 3 overseas).  That's not random, and it is statistically significant.