Author Topic: Anybody find OTC at retail yet?  (Read 38623 times)

Offline Iamsith

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody find OTC at retail yet?
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2004, 11:53 AM »
havent found anything yet here where I live in va , they have been found in richmond though , oh well maybe soon
[image]http://mysite.freeserve.com/silverdesigns/svbanner.jpg[/image]

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2004, 03:38 PM »
Something showed up here!  8)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2004, 10:22 PM »
FINALLY!  Found some VOTC figures tonight.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2004, 10:45 PM »
I'd like to find the Dagobah wave.

Instead, I found a fresh case of the Saga Star Destroyer wave at Wal-Mart. Talk about a slap in the face.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2004, 03:15 PM »
Found pretty much all the OTC today...passed it up though. Aren't I an odd fellow!
Actually, I'm saving my cash for VOTC at the moment.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2004, 11:05 PM »
Finally, found same assortment as Dale, minus the Jedi Luke.  Only bought the Dagobah figures though.  Must admit that the others are quite tempting as these are really quite spectacular cards, even if some of the stickers are applied in sloppy fashion.  

Yoda looks strangely familiar though.  If any of you happen to own the Tomy mini-dioramas, take a look at Yoda from Series 2.  Separated at birth? :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2004, 02:39 PM »
There hasn't been a sighting of OTC in more than a week here.

Sad, really.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2004, 02:58 PM »
I found VOTC figures at TRU yesterday morning.  They had all of them except for Luke.  I picked up (and opened) one VOTC Han.  All I can say about Han is believe the hype.   :P  
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2004, 03:34 PM »
Believe the hype and multiply by 10 even FG...  That's a nice figure!

None of them are perfect, but he and Leia are quite nice...  Obi's still the nicest Obi you'll ever find to sit in your speeder too.  The only one actually.  I swapped robes on him with an Obi Pilot, and he looks better.  Still plan n making a limper fabric cloak though.  Hasbro must've run out of the material used on Total Control Mace or something.

That figure's robe is perfect as far as texture.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2004, 04:00 PM »
I've seen Jack **** around here, we're a good 2 weeks behind the rest of the country with just the 3 VOTC showing up at K-Marts

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2004, 08:29 AM »
I haven't picked up anything new (found Dagobah and Bespin waves last weekend), but I did see a few OTC here and there (at Wal-Mart).  From what was left on the pegs, I saw 1x Lobot, 1x Cloud Car Pilot, 1x Boba Fett repack and that was about it.  Everything I saw last week when I picked up my figs was gone, so they seem to be selling pretty good so far.  On a side note, when I checked the figs at Wal-Mart, I did see an about 6-year old boy pick up a Fett and a Wicket and ask his parents if he could get those (and they said yes).  It was nice to see a young'n interested in Star Wars, especially the OT.  I also saw 2x of the Jedi Council pack at TRU, but couldn't bring myself to spend $20 on it.  I do want to get it so I can have the whole circle though, so maybe another time.  It just felt like I was buying some old Episode I figures (which you basically are with that set).

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2004, 10:25 AM »
Walmarts around here have full endcaps with new stuff.  Too bad all the army builders are gone.  Still no sign of VOTC though.  

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2004, 11:10 AM »
I was curious...it seems the general consensus on the OTC is that the cardbacks are pretty fantabulous...has it tempted any of you to leave them carded (that normally don't)?  I am a loose collector, but...until I clear some space...I have left the Dagobah and Bespin waves in their boxes, stacked in the closet.  I plan on opening them up later this week sometime once I have time to reorganize a little, but I was wondering if any of you (who collect loose) have been tempted to leave them carded...or to pick up extras of any in particular?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2004, 03:02 PM »
I'm a total loose collector Mosnab, but I have had a slight temptation for carded with these cards.  They really are amazing looking.

However, to me I just can't justify 2 sets of figures to look at...  not right now anyway.  I'll maybe nab something I think is really special looking for a carded keeper, but I doubt it...  My Silver figures will likely be the only carded figures aside from Vintage that I have hanging about in a display.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2004, 11:53 PM »
I was wondering if any of you (who collect loose) have been tempted to leave them carded...or to pick up extras of any in particular?

I've been tempted, but no, I haven't picked up any extras to keep carded. I have to admit that C-3PO, Fett, Cloud Car Pilot, Dagobah Luke, Yoda, & Bespin Luke (which I haven't seen in person) look awesome carded.      
Binders full of astromechs...