Author Topic: Anybody find OTC at retail yet?  (Read 38622 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Anybody find OTC at retail yet?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2004, 12:35 PM »
Hmmmm...Darth Vader TIE is being picked up at TRU all over the place (including the one a block from my house :))

Seems like all EE preorders on cases are pushed back to July which probably means the same thing for Retail on figures  :-X

SilverZ

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2004, 10:34 PM »
Seems like all EE preorders on cases are pushed back to July which probably means the same thing for Retail on figures  :-X

>:( And I've been checking the status daily there on my order, only to now see this. I wonder if this is the first sign of a mass e-tailer hosing from Hasbro so they can fullfil orders to the B&M chains. Gotta get the OTC out to the kiddies! ::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2004, 09:57 AM »
Sounds like the etailers will all be getting at least partials of the first couple of OTC cases this week!  I should get both of mine from EE because I ordered them almost the minute they went up.

The VOTC should be a few weeks still out still

SilverZ

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2004, 02:26 PM »
I saw and thought the same thing, too. I'm fully expecting some OTC love this week from EE. In the meantime I'm hitting the stores for the Falcon. I've managed to turn up all three of the other vehicles in the last 7 days, so hopefully this trend will continue. I'm finding that I'm an OTC whore.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2004, 02:34 PM »
All of the OTC I've seen at regular retail have been basic lightsabers.  Everything else I've seen has been at import shops.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2004, 02:43 PM »
So far all that has shown up around here are the lightsabers (Luke, Yoda, and Anakin) in the silver/black packaging, as well as the basic lightsabers.  Still on the look out for Vader's TIE, as well as the Falcon as it sounds like that is starting to show up as well.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2004, 03:31 PM »
I thought I saw the figures were do at retail next week sometime.  Might be dreaming on that because I can't remember where I read it.  Makes sense as the boat is unloading the same stuff to the same places

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2004, 03:45 PM »
From NewForce:
"Shipping Updates
June 25, 2004 | 9:42 AM | newforce
Hasbro: Small amount of new SW cases are in route to us, to arrive next week."

Yet another confirmation that these will soon be here...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2004, 03:51 PM »
Action Figure Express is expecting to receive 4 case assortments of Original Trilogy Collection basic figures in the next few days. Place your order now to reserve your cases for $64.99 each while allocated stocks last!

SilverZ

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2004, 01:40 PM »
 :-\ EE cancelled OTC wave 7 orders and converted them to wave 9:
Updated June 29, 2004: IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ IF YOU ORDERED THIS ITEM! Hasbro is unable to ship Original Trilogy Basic Figures Wave 7 (Item# HS84715K, $64.99). Instead, they will ship Original Trilogy Basic Figures Wave 9 (Item# HS84715M, $64.99).

The way EE handled this was fine. BUT -  the case ratio is 1 of each of the Dagobah wave.  ::) This is especially annoying because I need 1 opener and 1 carded of each new figure. I'm looking for a case that will accomodate that now. Add in the carded Luke pose variation and it's retail for me or tons of extras because of the extra cases I'll need to get. Lame.

Hasbro, you're a bunch of friggin' tools and you're starting to feel a lot like Playmates. You morons.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 01:42 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2004, 01:43 PM »
Man am I pissed off right now.  That is seriously unbelievable.  WTF is wrong with them!!!! >:(  Not blaming EE at all...******* bastards

SilverZ

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2004, 01:53 PM »
Well I just ordered the wave 8/9alt case to fill the gap, and I guess that solves my Greedo problem. Too bad these have been up for preorder for weeks now and I'll be way down the que for them. Hopefully Hasbro actually makes enough to bother to ship to them before cancelling.

FU Hasbro.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2004, 01:58 PM »
Hey as a bonus I get a Leia and Scout Trooper!  And hey I better be in the same damn place I was with Wave 7.  Unbelievable...seriously, why even solicit them for order?  AND...why is it taking so damn long for them to get over here?  Its been almost 6 weeks since anything new has come out.  

I agree FU Hasbro...seriously

SilverZ

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2004, 02:08 PM »
I have my theory that ALL online accounts are sacrificed to fill b&m orders. This kind of crap seems to happen every time the roll out a new line, and retailers overorder. I bet they've done it again. EE probably got a shipping notice from Hasbro Friday, with a nice note saying, "Hi, you've been allocated 0 units of your order. We sent them all to Walmart. Eat it, suckers."

I can't wait to see if SWS gets those wave7 cases, or gets shafted too. I'd love to see the chaos the cancellation there would cause for those baboons.

I've been put in a really bad mood. I was counting on figures this week.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2004, 02:11 PM »
Yea!  I get a re-pack Leia and 2x repack Scout Trooper I DON'T want instead of duplicates of Yoda, Luke, and R2, which I DO want  >:(

To use a favorite quote of mine:
"Abso -@#$ing- lutely brilliant."

I think this guy left StarWarsShop.com and is now working on Hasbro's case packs:

"Yay! I changed the case pack!  Yay!"

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender