Author Topic: Anybody find OTC at retail yet?  (Read 38639 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Anybody find OTC at retail yet?
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2004, 02:15 PM »
I can't wait to see if SWS gets those wave7 cases, or gets shafted too. I'd love to see the chaos the cancellation there would cause for those baboons.

Here's the updated pre-order info from NewForceComics.com:

"Scheduled to contain : 2 Dagobah Luke, 2 Dagobah Yoda 1 Dagobah Obi-Wan, 2 Dagobah R2-D2, 1 Luke Skywalker Xwing, 1 Luke Skywalker Jedi, 1 Han Solo, 1 Chewbacca, 1 Darth Vader or, the could contain (we are getting a mix of wave 1 cases) 1 Dagobah Luke, 1 Dagobah Yoda, 1 Dagobah Obi-Wan, 1 Dagobah R2-D2, 1 Luke Skywalker Xwing, 1 Luke Skywalker Jedi, 1 Han Solo, 1 Chewbacca, 1 Darth Vader, 1 Princess Leia, 2 Biker Scout. Manufacturer sealed cases, interior card/bubble condition cannot be guaranteed on preorders due to unknown condition product will arrive in. UPS ground shipping is $7.50. ETA is June 2004.. All info subject to change.  "

Looks like they might still be getting the wave 7 case.  Either that or they were warned by Hasbro that they might get short-shrifted.  Anyway, they are doing the same as EE, sustituting the "wave 9" case for the "wave 7" case.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2004, 02:28 PM »
"Hey lady. You get a Leia. Yaaaay. You get a Leia. Yaaaaaay!"

I'll be interested in hearing of anyone getting wave7 from an etailer then, since word seems to be consistant. My money's on NewForce getting nothing but wave9.  

What just blows my mind is how damaging Hasbro's poor distribution habits are to their own freaking customers. I'm sure EE and NF will both have angry folks over this, and the anger gets to be directed at those guys, instead of Hasbro. And there ain't a thing to be done about it.

Hasbro, you're f@#ktards.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2004, 02:53 PM »
That's why I stopped ordering from Newforce.  Rick couldn't deliver.  I think a little part his fault, as I always had to email him to remind him about my order (a common complaint from those north of the border) but mostly because he never gets his full alotment.  D'oh!

Bright side is we seem to be getting Star Wars again up north and that will hopefully carry through the DVD release into the new movie next year, much as POTJ saved us prior to the last release.  The DVD release is important, but more so to Canuckleheads as it means we are seeing some figures coming in after a very long drought at retail (fall 2002 - spring/summer 2004) with next to zero figures.  

The last 2002 figure I found at retail was Djas Puhr.  Walmart brought in about 5 total cases with the clone pilot (for a city of nearly 700,000) and that was it until the recent waves with tie pilot, gold leader etc.  Bit of a drought there :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

SilverZ

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2004, 03:35 PM »
My issue with NewForce was the locked preorders. I just wasn't comfortable waiting for months if he got shortchanged on a shipment. I'm way too impatient. I did always like it upfront honesty about the process, though.

I may be being a pit hasty with all the case order business. It may well be that in several weeks the Dagobah wave is falling of the pegs here, and I've got no worries. Again, I'm not patient enough for that, so rant and rave I shall. Hopefully the line switch to OTC helps get product flowing again up there for you guys. If not, I'll probably have a ton of extras to trade or pass along to ya. I think I have too many cases ordered now, but still not enough Dagobah Luke. Gah.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2004, 03:45 PM »
I used NEwforce exclsuively for a long time until I got burned, he failed to let everyone know the situation either.  They have really seemed to fall off the face of the planet in the last few months.

Jared's point of being able to cancel with EE is a great one and a big reason went back.  Screw the few bucks you may save, they get them first, they have a lot better order tracking system and generally let you know the situation on your orders

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2004, 03:46 PM »
. I think I have too many cases ordered now, but still not enough Dagobah Luke. Gah.

Ditto.  It is especially frustrating since we still don't know which Dagobah Luke will be in which cases (backpacking pose or handstanding pose).  I'd like to get one of each to keep carded, and one to open.  

I guess I just wait until my cases get here to see which variant I get...

Jeff

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2004, 09:43 PM »
Well,  I saw a couple Vader TIEs this past weekend at a local TRU, and it really whetted my appetite for (at least seeing if not buying) some real OTC stuff.

I agree that if the E-tailers aren't able to get there shipmetns of the first cases in, it's because all the Wal*Marts in the land are gearing up to have a 12-foot section of OTC figures in the future. Of course, it'll all be that first casepack, and what I really want are those Bespin figures...

Should be an interesting second half of summer.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: July 2, 2004, 09:19 AM »
Hmmm...

Looks like my wave 10 and wave 8 are in-stock at EE.

Some lucky people who got in early enough got wave 9 headed their way too...

Jeff

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 2, 2004, 09:36 AM »
Some lucky people who got in early enough got wave 9 headed their way too...

Jeff

:D  Haven't been home to check my emails so I didn't know anything about all this.  I guess I have 8 & 9 coming (I just checked at EE)...cool.  
Beth

SilverZ

« Reply #39 on: July 2, 2004, 04:03 PM »
Yep, EE got a ton of stuff in - I just picked up 4 assortments, including wave 7.  I posted a couple thoughts on the cases over in the "ying-yang" thread.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #40 on: July 2, 2004, 04:12 PM »
Looks like 8 and 9 are on their way...Curious though that both you and Turbowars were able to pick up Wave 7 cases at EE.  Why not make those available to people who ordered them? >:(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #41 on: July 2, 2004, 04:29 PM »
Mike posted that someone in Georgia found them at a Wal Mart...no receipt pic though

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 2, 2004, 05:23 PM »
Georiga, eh? Well that sucks, they get crap weeks ahead of us!  >:(
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #43 on: July 3, 2004, 06:33 PM »
BBTS has some basic OTC in stock.

Since I'm suffering SW figure withdrawls, I went ahead and bought Leia Bespin, Lobot, and the CC Pilot for $8 each. Yoda and Luke are sold out, but they still have R2 and a s---load of repacks still in stock.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 3, 2004, 09:27 PM »
Just found the Biker Scout, Leia, Spirit Obi, and Jedi Luke OTC figures at Wal-Mart here in Murfreesboro, TN. Most of the cards were dinged up pretty bad, but these are just too cool to pass up. I emailed Scott a pic so if he wants he can post it on the main page.