Author Topic: Anybody find OTC at retail yet?  (Read 38638 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody find OTC at retail yet?
« Reply #75 on: July 9, 2004, 12:11 PM »
Thanks for the info guys.  I am patiently waiting for my cases to arrive today (and next Monday...somehow one ended up a day behind??) and since wave 9 has Luke upside-down (and that's the one I really wanted), I'm happy!!

Sweet picture, btw :)
Beth

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 9, 2004, 02:09 PM »
Time to get off my duff and hit some stores I guess...  Just what I wanna do in sweltering humidity here...  Blah!

Put on that wifebeater and get thee to Wal-Mart. I just picked up the Bespin and Dagobah waves here in NEPA. (Cloud Car Pilots a plenty!)
Post sober.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 9, 2004, 03:04 PM »
No, I didn't find them at retail but I have them now nonetheless!!!!
This is the best packaging by far!  I wish I hadn't tossed out my old card backs years ago because it would be cool to have them side-by-side.

I think my favorite in Spirit Obi-wan, I always liked that scene and this new packaging back with Sir Alec is tops.  

PS:  Wouldn't you know, my wave 9 had Luke standing up with the backpack :P, now I have to resort to the local stores to try and find him doing the handstand.  
Beth

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: July 9, 2004, 03:10 PM »
Dang!

I guess I should have figured it wouldn't be that easy to nab the Handstand Luke...  I'm supposed to be getting a case or two today and the rest on Monday, so I'll have to post later with my Luke-Luck.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: July 9, 2004, 09:51 PM »
Well,

My EE cases didn't make it today (wave 8 and wave 10), they'll be here on Monday.  BUT, my NewForce case came today!

WAVE 7:
2x Dagobah Luke - standing
2x Yoda
2x Dagobah R2
1x Spirit Obi-Wan
1x Pilot Luke
1x Jedi Luke
1x Han
1x Chewie
1x Darth Vader

Looks like I was one of the lucky ones to get this case and not wave 9!  Now I just need to track down a handstanding Luke and a second Spirit Obi-Wan and I'll be set!

MAN.  These cards are Sooooooooooo sweet.  I just can't stop looking at them!  I'm headed to the Dagobah wave thread now to post my thoughts...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2004, 07:26 PM »
Got my first OTC today.  Lobot.  Brings back memories: I still remember buying the vintage one for $2.50 with all fifty cent pieces at Osco Drug.  It was a big deal at the time.   :)

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2004, 08:36 PM »
Man these were so worth the wait! I found nine different figures at a Meijer store today, they are: Dagobah Luke, Dagobah R2, Dagobah Yoda, Jedi Luke, Bespin Luke (this new paint version kicks ass), ANH R2, Bossk, IG88 and the TIE Pilot. My God these are awesome! Funny thing was that if the twelve figures I found was a complete case it was a case I was not familiar with. The twelve consisted of the nine figures mentioned above plus seconds of Bespin Luke, Bossk and IG88. Oh well, I'm just incredibly happy I found what I did.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2004, 12:27 AM »
I bought a ****load of OTC today.

First. I bought Leia Bespin, Lobot, and Wicket.

Then, I went to the same Wal-Mart about twelve hours later (just got back, as a matter of fact) and picked up X-Wing Luke, Cantina Han, Chewie, and the repacked R2 and 3PO.

Plus I scored a carded J'Quille too. I don't think I've bought this many Star Wars figures in one day since the Bail Organa wave came out. 'Twas a good day. :)

Still, I'm waiting for the VOTC figures and Dagobah wave...
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2004, 01:34 AM »
My cousin (lucky SOB) apparently was in on the W'Loo Wally World OTC bonanza on Friday, and scored a complete set of all available figs.   It's like he's everywhere at once.  Sigh.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2004, 01:56 AM »
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  These will hit up here soon. Reports are coming in that they have hit the odd store. All in time.  8)

I want to re-live the 70's & 80's again!  The drug store down the block, the Met store downtown, man it was just like yesterday!  :'( Memories! It's been way to long.  :'(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2004, 08:19 AM »
We stopped in at the Wal-Mart across town from us this weekend while doing some other errands, and I found some OTC figures on the pegs there as well.  Here's what was left on the pegs (as well as some Jabba's Palace/Yavin figures from the Saga line):

1x Dagobah Luke (handstand)
1x Dagobah R2
1x Dagobah Yoda
1x Dagobah Obi-Wan (spirit)
1x Han Solo (repack)
1x Chewbacca (repack)
1x Princess Leia (repack)
1x Darth Vader - Throne Room (repack)
1x Luke Jedi (repack)
1x Luke Pilot (repack)
1x Scout Trooper (repack)

I may have missed some of the others, I don't know.  For now, I picked up the four Dagobah figures, as well as a repacked Han to leave carded (since I already have several loose ones, just wanted one to leave carded since it looks spiffy).  I'm a loose collector, but I haven't been able to open these up yet...and it was awfully tempting to pick up the other repacks just to leave them carded as well.  This packaging is amazing, and really "pops" on the pegs I think.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2004, 10:41 AM »
There has been crap crap and more crap on the pegs round here.  chuckles found a few leftovers at one Wal Mart and the 3 I regularly hit are chock full of the same old Yavin, Star Destroyer and Jabba Wave figures.  I would like to pick up one more Spirit of Obi-Wan, one to paint real colored since I don't think Hasbro will ever make it

Offline habs98

• Jedi Initiate
  • Think before you speak to me!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2004, 09:31 PM »
I haven't seen anything new around here in awhile.  A few stores are packing pegs with 2002 Saga figuresstill...Sucks!!!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2004, 09:12 AM »
Well, while out shopping for groceries at a different Wal-Mart last night, I was fortunate enough to find the Bespin wave.  This was from a Wal-Mart that hadn't had anything but SC Anakins, Hoth Hans, and TR Lukes for quite some time...and they had 3x of each the Cloud Car Pilot, Lobot, and Bespin Leia.  I guess, as far as all-new figures (outside of the VOTC), I'm all caught up for quite some time now.  I'm still hoping Hasbro has a couple of surprises at Comic-Con next week, and we'll be seeing a few more figures by the end of the year.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2004, 11:37 PM »
I guess I'm kinda glad that stuff showed up out in Tennessee after I left, 'cause how the hell would I have carefully transported 20 (actually double that) figures back to Cali?   :P

So does your floor look like this now Jamie:

At least I beat your ass to the VOTC goodies!   :P

What is that, the periodic table of OTC?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback