Author Topic: Anybody find OTC at retail yet?  (Read 38723 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Anybody find OTC at retail yet?
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2004, 11:13 PM »
I'll keep an eye out for ya Ben.   :)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2004, 07:37 AM »
VOTC Yoda, Vader and Luke showing up here in the east. Unfortuneately missed the Vader though.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2004, 12:11 AM »
So, I stumbled upon a buttload of OTC figures at KB today.  Has anyone heard of them even hitting there?  I know there were VOTC sitings there, but I hadn't heard of them getting any OTC in...

They had the Bespin wave, plus Stormie, Wickett, Ben, R2, etc...  A whopping $6.99 a pop though.

Offline habs98

• Jedi Initiate
  • Think before you speak to me!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 26, 2004, 06:50 PM »
My Walmart and Target are finally putting these on the pegs.  TRU has yet to lay one OTC figure out yet.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #139 on: August 26, 2004, 07:28 PM »
Today I found the carry cases at WM.  $21.47 each.  Also tons of Dagobah wave.  Bespin seems less common. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #140 on: August 28, 2004, 10:38 AM »
I found VOTC Vader, Luke, and Yoda at a Des Moines TRU, when I have not enough money.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2004, 11:16 PM »
A Target I was at nearby me was pretty packed with the OTC Dagobah wave, and select repacks like Han Solo (I'd classify his OTC version as a pegwarmer at this point, as there's tons around  now and they are the same figs every time I'm in the stores).

They had Boba Fett, Greedo, Luke Jedi, TRD Vader, and Han's in abundance.

No Jawas, Tuskens, and no VOTC Yoda/Vader.  Those are what I'm die-hard searching for now, and they're just not to be found AT ALL around here. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 30, 2004, 08:28 AM »
No Jawas, Tuskens, and no VOTC Yoda/Vader.  Those are what I'm die-hard searching for now, and they're just not to be found AT ALL around here.

I know what you mean, no sign of Vader anywhere around here either...and that's basically all I've been looking for lately (well, and maybe a carrying case, we'll see).  I didn't do an all-out search this weekend, but the places we did visit didn't really have anything new.  Wal-Mart has no basic OTC figs, but is packed to the brim with VOTC Han, Obi, and a few Leias.  TRU has 4-5 VOTC Hans, lots of older Saga figures, a pretty good stack of Jedi Council sets, the ships, and this weekend has the VOTC 12" wave as well.  I was fortunate enough to pick up VOTC Yoda and Luke a couple weeks ago, but I'm starting to worry I missed the boat on that Vader....knew I should have went earlier that day ;).

Offline habs98

• Jedi Initiate
  • Think before you speak to me!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 30, 2004, 02:53 PM »
My Target/Walmart  has had the same figures for awhile now.  Pretty much the early waves (Dagobah), haven't seen any new figures except Greedo.  No Jawa's, Tisken Raiders, Snowtroopers, Tie Pilots ect.  Kind of sad!!!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #144 on: August 30, 2004, 03:11 PM »
I haven't even seen the OTC Stormtrooper yet.  Seen all the others so far.  I think. 

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 30, 2004, 04:13 PM »
FINALLY!!  The local wally world unloaded the display case filled with carrying cases (yah, right) on one side and galactic heroes (I know where all the Chewie/C3PO's are :-\) and OTC on the other side.  I was able to score a couple of Tie Pilots for my diorama and a Greedo (I don't know why I got another one but I did).  It was a nice display so I had them tag it for me.  It doesn't mean I'll get it as the night crew likes to toss stuff but I'm fairly certain those carrying cases are gonna be there for a while!! :-\

In the toddler isle I found the Saga wave on a side rack.  Good lord, how many Dodonna's did Hasbro make???????
Beth

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #146 on: August 30, 2004, 04:27 PM »
My excuse on getting a Greedo was a little lame, but it wrked for me...

I figure there's umpteen Rodians in ANH.  There's at least one other in the Cantina that looks like Greedo and Jabba had a whole little squad of them at the Falcon, so I've just bumped the older Greedo's back as generic "Jabba Goon" or Cantina Patron Fodder.

Like I said, it was an excuse to me...  Helps me visualize them as unique characters instead of Greedo upon Greedo.

I myself have seen one Stormtrooper, and nabbed him because the card's so spiffy.  Saw a TIE Pilot too and skipped him, and now wish I hadn't.

I saw the Bespin Wave all of one time, and boy am I glad I bought 2 CCP's when I did...  I debated doing so because it was the only two they had, but I went ahead and was a little greedy that day...  I figured they'd probably ship again soon as I'd heard other areas had Bespin Wave in abundance.  Then nothing ever resurfaced of that wave.  Very strange.

Dagobah's all over though, and select from it are starting to earn pegwarmer status I believe.

All the while VOTC remains a weird case...  1st wave has remnants that hang around, but there's many (I'd say most) stores in my area that have completely empty VOTC pegs.  The few that do have VOTC are usually TRU's or KM's, and they have Han's and Ben's with a straggler Leia every once in a while.  There's no "abundance" of these figures that I've heard other areas have, they're just scattered here and there.

I hope this means ESB is going to be similarly easy to find for me at some point, and that ROTJ is REAL easy to get then (cross my fingers on that, but I doubt it happens).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #147 on: August 31, 2004, 08:36 PM »
I found more Luke/Vader/Yoda VOTC at WM today.  I've seen all the VOTC at least twice now, which is more than I can say for some basic figures. 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 31, 2004, 09:43 PM »
I'm still searching for VOTC (My main priority right now). All I can find are the vehicles, and each generation of Commtech Han (From 2003 up).
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #149 on: August 31, 2004, 10:55 PM »
Yeah, that Han's like seeing a history of piss-poor Hasbro marketing decisions sometimes.  A Target near me had HOF and OTC up at the same time.  :)