Author Topic: 10131 Lego TIE Collection Pictures  (Read 7382 times)

Durge

10131 Lego TIE Collection Pictures
« on: June 15, 2004, 01:04 AM »
I'm surprised nobody posted this yet...

Somewhat disappointing, but they might make good army builders for some...

What do you think?

« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 08:17 PM by JediMAC »

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: 10131 Pictures
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 09:08 AM »
I think these haven't been "officially" announced by LEGO and therefore, could be fakes for all we know. At least that is what I'm hoping for, as this set does little for me.

Another reason why I'm not buying it as being what the real 10131 set will be, the MF, X-Wing, Landspeeder and Snowspeeder sets, of which all were re-released, were completely redesigned for the new sets. These Tie's look almost identical to their original release. That doesn't really fall in line with the past re-released ships. Also, the Tie Drone ship would be EU and LEGO does not have an EU license as far as I know.

Too many things that seem fishy about these pics to make me buy into them being legit right now. Also, 3 manned Tie's and only 2 figs? What's up with that?? Since when does LEGO release sets that don't have enough figs to pilot all the ships in a set.

Offline wai

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 01:22 PM »
The set is not confirm yet ??And I heard the price will be US$120 :o
www.starwars-force.com~~"The only Chinese starwars web site"

Durge

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 01:45 PM »
These images are more likely than not, legit. Look at them compared with other official pictures. They have the same basic white background. The mini-figs are out of their cockpits, etc...

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 02:20 PM »
If these are legitimate pics from LEGO then where is the disclaimer at the bottom of each photo that says "Copyright 2004 The LEGO Company. Use without permission not allowed." ? The pics of the new Falcon that LEGO released earlier this year all had that disclaimer on the bottom. So there is one thing that doesn't feel right about these pics.

Secondly, if the set 10131 is indeed to be $120, that pic of the 4 ties is not even close to being $120 worth of LEGO. Each Tie originally retailed for $20, and DV's Tie and that drone would be around the same as well if sold separately. So make it around $80. But then you're only getting 2 mini-figs so it's probably about a $75 set, comparitively speaking.

So either that price is false, the pics are false, or there is more to this set than is shown in the above photos (a bomber and/or interceptor perhaps?). Either way, something just isn't right here. And if those pics are indeed what the set is and it is $120, count me out on getting it and therefore it being the 1st SW LEGO set I don't buy, which would be disappointing to say the least.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2004, 12:30 AM »
Still waiting for an official statement.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Durge

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 08:58 PM »
It's sort of been confirmed by SWS now.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 09:19 PM »
It's sort of been confirmed by SWS now.

Here ya' go, folks!  Only $70!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2004, 12:19 AM »
According to that link, you just get two TIE fighters, two pilot figs, and a Vader fig. And it looked like they were just two of the normal $20 TIEs they sold a few years ago.

Ripoff, I say, but I'll wait for conformation by Lego/FBTB.

Durge

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2004, 01:26 AM »
The TIE Collection brings you an entire armada of Imperial might, all in one package. This amazing collection lets you build two high-speed TIE fighters, Darth Vader's own customized TIE Advanced x1 starfighter, and - for the first time ever - the experimental droid-controlled TIE/D fighter, straight from the pages of the Star Wars Expanded Universe!

Seems like the whole package shown earlier to me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2004, 04:11 AM »
According to that link, you just get two TIE fighters, two pilot figs, and a Vader fig. And it looked like they were just two of the normal $20 TIEs they sold a few years ago.

Ripoff, I say, but I'll wait for conformation by Lego/FBTB.

Yeah, I was a little confused by that as well Diddly.  The bullet points next to the pic say only two Ties, but as Steven pointed out, the text description below it does indeed list all four of the various Ties that we were expecting to see in this set.  So in that respect, $70's not horrendous for these 4 ships...   :-\

I wonder if there's gonna be any difference whatsoever with the regular and Vader's Tie, 'cause paying $70 for the new Tie Drone kinda blows (since I don't "army build" with Lego sets).

I'm getting really tired of all the Lego sets being exclusives now too.  I was complete with everything from the OT, up 'til that BS Star Destroyer, Cloud City, and UCS Snowspeeder - none of which were available at retail, where I could've scored them on a nice sale at some point, like all the other sets.

The Star Destroyers finally sold out at the Disneyland Lego shop, so that option is no longer available to me anymore either...  ARGH.  I hate it when my collection's not complete!  (end rant)

Durge

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2004, 06:07 PM »
All of the vehicles have some changed. The cockpit is one noteable change on Vader's TIE Advanced. It's not a great deal, but it's still worth the price IMO.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2004, 10:49 PM »
I must've missed the part about the Vader/Drone TIE. That would be the only real reason I would order the set, since I missed out on the Vader TIE/Y-Wing a few years ago. Like JediMAC, I just buy one of each set, so I don't need two more TIE fighters.

Maybe I'll wait a year when Lego's website discounts it.

And Matt, you could always buy those sets from the Lego site, but I can understand why you don't want to.

Exclusive lego sets suck. :(

Speaking of which, is this a Lego.com exclusive, or a SWS exclusive, or both?

Durge

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2004, 10:55 PM »
It's a shared exclusive between SWS and Lego.com. :)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2004, 11:11 PM »
Thanks for the info, Durge.

Like I said, I'll wait until it's discounted. Drastically discounted. I have a hunch this set won't sell well...