Author Topic: JediMAC goes absolutely postal!  (Read 14082 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: JediMAC goes absolutely postal!
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2004, 04:23 AM »
Indeed, but then again, I have to wonder if the banishment was seldomly handled by GNT, or if he had to have confirmation from Grupenstrumbahnfurer Wise? Because if GNT has the power to ban, isn't he a little higher than a mod?
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2004, 04:33 AM »
I'm 100% sure GNT doesn't have the power to ban, but he does have the power of asking for one down like a pro.  And that's all it seemingly takes is the whistle-blowing to someone important...

No discussion, no explanation (at times?), and no debate from the opposite side.  If he did a good job and obeyed the rules of the site himself, and were a tad more courteous, I think things would be ok.

Then again if he did all that would he have so many critics?  A real vicious cycle there. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2004, 06:55 AM »
Don't the RS Forum Rules outline policy regarding bans and suspensions? I believe it states offending members are to be contacted regarding their infractions.

(Not that it would be the first time a mod totally disregarded the rules in favor of their own style of gunslinging over there.)
Post sober.

Offline sp00ky

• Jedi Initiate
  • Scott McKenzie
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2004, 02:08 PM »
Yes they do:

Suspension and Banning: If a member has his posting rights suspended for a period of time, generally for a rule infraction, he will be notified of it and will be told when he may write again asking to be reinstated. If a member is banned from the forum, he will no longer be permitted to participate in the forum again. It is important to note that both suspensions and bans are for the member, not the account, which is further explained below

The bold italics was added by me.

Stupid stuff like this by mods, or forum admins drives me nuts.  I got kicked of the mod team of a GI Joe board (board is down now, big suprise) because I darred to question an admins decision.  Actually I didn't question it, I said OK, but took the time to explain why I did something.  Power trip super egos!

Scott
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 02:10 PM by sp00ky »
The space left intentionally blank.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2004, 02:46 PM »
I'm 100% sure GNT doesn't have the power to ban, but he does have the power of asking for one down like a pro.  And that's all it seemingly takes is the whistle-blowing to someone important...

Actually, that was the case with the old boards, but the mods over there can ban folks now. Even me. So don't get fiesty.  ;D

Got Clones?

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2004, 02:49 PM »

Actually, that was the case with the old boards, but the mods over there can ban folks now. Even me. So don't get fiesty.  ;D

Yet somehow Lady Jaye continues to post there...

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2004, 03:45 PM »
Hehe. Yeah. I've never banned anyone for irking me personally or anything. I think that's lame. For the record though, I'm not sure GNT did either. He posted some quotes of stuff that got said about his mother, and a few choice words about him.....all technically against the rules.

As far as ME and name calling though, I enjoy fighting my battles a lot more than silencing my opponents.  Which reminds me, there hasn't been a good flame war in a long time......  ;D
Got Clones?

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2004, 03:48 PM »
You missed a good (but brief) one between myself and Durge a little while ago. Sadly he's no longer around to defend himself.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2004, 03:48 PM »
Cause most of the flamees went away or were silenced :P

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2004, 05:53 PM »
He posted some quotes of stuff that got said about his mother, and a few choice words about him.....

Now, say wha?! I called him some things, given, but I don't think anyone insulted his mother. That little pric, hell, my original infraction was posting his pic in the Marvel Legends thread, that got me a threat for a Ban. I didn't know that was against the offical rules and regulations  :-*

So, if he is making up quotes (to my knowledege, Diddly Squat didn't say anything about his mother, just that he enjoys molesting small children and has a thing for Palpatine) isn't that- no, wait, that's pretty GNT to me.

My main problem though, is that I have a new PM that I can't read. Very annoying.

EDIT: Offical Banning letter has arrived!

As you are aware you have been banned from the rebelscum forum. Prior to being banned you spammed the forum with an endless amout of Nuke images in not just one thread/section but quite a few. The Nuke image served no purpose in any open thread and you only cluttered the forum with it.

It didn't stop there, you then continued to attack me, another forum member calling me a moron, ****hole and then 'special' in multiple sections. You've shown that your not a productive member, you've spamed the forum with useless Nuke images and attacked me a moderator at this site. You are no longer welcomed at the RS community.

And he's a productive member? Please.
I have his email now
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 08:18 PM by Vator »
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2004, 09:19 PM »
He posted some quotes of stuff that got said about his mother, and a few choice words about him.....

Now, say wha?! I called him some things, given, but I don't think anyone insulted his mother...

Maybe that's in reference to something I joked about over at GH a couple weeks ago.  Somebody asked in some thread "Who's Vicki?" (don't recall why), and I joked that she was Greg(g)'s mom, and that I thought everyone knew her, and without her help, we would've never discovered Greg(g)'s real identity...

I noticed a week or so later that Mike edited out my comment there, so I'm assuming Greg(g) or Philip dropped him a line about it.  No biggie.   :P

SilverZ

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2004, 09:58 PM »
You shouldn't joke about his mom - he's probably pretty sensitive about the fact he's never had one. :-*

I'll be awaiting the deletion of about comment. Share the love.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2004, 10:05 PM »
You shouldn't joke about his mom - he's probably pretty sensitive about the fact he's never had one.

Actually, you shouldn't joke about anyone's mom.

"Your momma" jokes are always fine amongst friends, but if he is one of those people that takes it personally when strangers do it, I can't really blame him for that.  For some people....family is sacred, and it's just a line you don't cross.  

Now, if you'll excuse me, your moms (plural) are all lined up outside my house for their weekly servicing, and I have a long night ahead of me.  ;)
Got Clones?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2004, 10:13 PM »
EDIT: Offical Banning letter has arrived!

As you are aware you have been banned from the rebelscum forum. Prior to being banned you spammed the forum with an endless amout of Nuke images in not just one thread/section but quite a few. The Nuke image served no purpose in any open thread and you only cluttered the forum with it.

It didn't stop there, you then continued to attack me, another forum member calling me a moron, ****hole and then 'special' in multiple sections. You've shown that your not a productive member, you've spamed the forum with useless Nuke images and attacked me a moderator at this site. You are no longer welcomed at the RS community.

Got No Testicles is sending out the "your (sic) banned" e-mails now?!?!

What--Philip too busy eating babies, or whatever it is that he does, to do it himself?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

SilverZ

« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2004, 10:23 PM »
Now, if you'll excuse me, your moms (plural) are all lined up outside my house for their weekly servicing, and I have a long night ahead of me.  ;)

;D I think I've peed myself.