Author Topic: Long live Boba!  (Read 4482 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Long live Boba!
« on: June 15, 2004, 05:51 PM »
At this risk of being laughed at, I decided to post this topic (you have been forewarned).

Who here knew that Boba Fett did not die at the Pit of Carkoon?  My lovely wife and two boys got me the Star Wars Dictionary for my birthday and it states that he survived!  Dengar I believe came back to rescue him, and he was the best man at Dengar's wedding (corny.)    

I always thought he was a cool looking character but died in such a pitiful way.  Long live Boba...

-Fish-

Durge

Re: Long live Boba!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 05:53 PM »
Yes, they did it for fanboys everywhere.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 06:08 PM »
If you're really interested in knowing all of the story, there's a book called the 'Bounty Hunter Guild' I believe, subtitled 'Mandolarian Armor', it goes into depth about the events surrounding Fett's rescue.

(I've moved this to the EU section)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 07:19 PM »
of course he didn't die. the greatest bounty hunter in the universe killed by a blind man, on accident no less?? never!!

i always thought that was one of the lowest points in the original trilogy. i'm not saying that he shouldn't have died, but just not like that.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 04:38 AM »
Didn't Dark Empire show up befour the Bounty Hunter books? I know it's slightly off topic, but isn't that where he showed up again first?
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 05:31 PM »
yeah, i'm almost positive dark empire showed up first, and that almost single handedly re-invigorated the star wars comics due to it's sales. but that's getting off the subject. he did show up in the dark empire books, but it wasn't explained how he survived or who saved him until the bounty hunter books.

Offline marcbrit

• Youngling
  • De gustibus non disputandum esset
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2004, 10:07 PM »
The Bounty Hunter series by K.W.Jeter  is a good read. I soared through all three books and found the writing interesting and the stories very captivating. Highly recommended for all Fett fanatics.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2004, 02:07 PM »
They put all of this stuff in his EU profile in the SW.com Databank.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JasperFett

• Youngling
  • I am a mighty mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2004, 01:47 AM »
 ;D I always hated it that Bobba died so easily in the movie as well. It was nice to see the EU have things go a bit differently.