Author Topic: Comic Con (former Drop Box)  (Read 7540 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Comic Con (former Drop Box)
« on: June 16, 2004, 12:05 PM »
 Well, as we are fast on the approach of Comic Con San Diego (nice city too, btw) I figured it'd be time to make a thread where we could speculate on what we'll see, and propose questions to JediMac, who will be attending the con (props go to OCB for that suggestion)

Und here ve go...

Qs for Big H:

Why is it that the SA Clonetrooper was released in such a small amount? Any chance of a re-release for the 2nd Season of Clone Wars? Or possibly reusing the body (sans helmet) for the Episode III Clonetrooper?
And along the same lines: What are the chances of the Clone Wars Army Builder Three Packs being re-released with updated decals and gear (ie clones) for Episode III?

How are you approaching the Episode III line in aspects of Articulation? Are we looking at definative sculpts with good articulation ala the VOTC, or craptastic sculpts with super mega kungfu action?

Seeing as how a correctly scaled TIE Fighters wings would be 16 inches tall, what are the chances of such a large iteam being released as an exclusive, much like the Imperial Shuttle or Sandcrawler?

Favorite Collecting Site? :P

« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 08:54 PM by Vator »
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Comic Con Speculation and Dropbox
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 12:18 PM »
[speculation]

I hope to see at SD Comic Con:
  • vOTC wave 2 LOOSE and CARDED
  • vOTC wave 3 loose at least, carded would be nice
  • OTC waves AFTER Imp Scanner Dude... Coruscant wave, etc.  (they did show us the first 2004 wave [hoth] at SDCC last year, right?)
Not asking for too much, am I? As far as Q's for the Big H via JediMAC:
  • What's the deal with the rumored Cantina Screen Scenes that Yakface showed off?  Coming out or junked?
  • What's the deal with the SWS.com exclusive Emperor figure?  Big Head or Ep1 Holo Sidious re-hash or something new?
  • What's the deal with the Cloud Car?  Is the original mold lost or not?  Are you re-tooling a new one or not?  Why has it been rumored for the last 4 years?
  • Then, give them a pat on the back for getting that Sandcrawler thing finally wrapped up...
Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 12:24 PM »
Actually, with the huge Star Wars emphasis I wouldn't be suprised if we see stuff for November or Decmeber.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 02:22 PM »
I like this thread.  Questions I would love to see answered (someday) by Hasbro are as follows:

- will we ever get a modular Death Star playset
- will we ever get a giant Sail Barge vehicle/playset

- will we ever get an AT-TE made
- wil we ever get a Homing Spider Droid made

- will we get more movie style EU figures (NJO, Clone Wars, etc)
- will get VOTC style prequel figures

- will we ever get the "U" piece to the cantina bar
- will we ever get a circular Death Star command console

- will we ever get prequel Owen, Beru and Cliegg
- will we ever get a better Bib Fortuna (TPM version too)

- will we ever get a decent Snowspeeder pilot
- will we ever get CW style army builder 3-pks from all the films

:)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Comic Con Speculation and Dropbox for JediMAC
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 04:09 PM »
How close is OCB's card to the real thing for Episode III???
Oh...and with the big Show Next Week!  Good time to get those questions into this thread so Matt can pound some skulls
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 04:10 PM by OCB »

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 05:55 PM »
Heres a couple Matt.  

1.  When does Hasbro plan on finishing the last of the vintage figs in the   modern line?  Why no new ewoks?

2.  Are any new cantina figs in the works?

3.  Will any new figs be produced to tie in with the new scenes in the DVD release?  ex.  Vader (Haydens face) with removable helmet, Spirit of Anakin (Haydens face).

4.  Any plans for a VOTC Power of the Force wave?

5.  Whats the story with shortpacked and HTF figs?  Ephant Mon, SA Clone, Sio Bibble, TC-14, etc?  Will any be re-released?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 06:09 PM »
Is the 12" line dead in the water?  If not, will they be doing 3 more vintage for 2005?

Beth

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 06:39 PM »
-What's the chances of seeing the quality shown to the VOTC figures carry over to the basic line, at least as far as articulation goes?

-Has Hasbro considered the idea of "Versus" 2-packs where they include one Super Articulated Army Building figure Vs. another (IE: SA Hoth Rebel Soldier Vs. SA Hoth Stormtrooper, or SA Fleet Trooper Vs. SA Stormtrooper, etc.)?

-Has Hasbro considered resculpting the AT-ST or Snowspeeder vehicles ever?  Either one done to-scale and as exquisitely as the Landspeeder would be awesome.

-Action Features aren't making a comeback for E3 are they?  (And if they say yes, freak out on them Matt)

-And not a question, but ask them to give army builder figures a shout from the collectors...  When DONE RIGHT they sell awesome.  I'd love to see new stuff like Fleet Troopers, Hoth Rebels, Imperial Officers, etc...  They just gotta do stuff right for it to move, not like that Saga Hoth Soldier.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2004, 07:06 PM »
Round II

- Is there a chance that Collectors Fleet may be re-released?

- NJO figures...ever?

« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 07:07 PM by Vator »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2004, 07:11 PM »
- What's the long term view of the line post EP3?

- What do you have against Wedge?

- More Clone Troopers.  Really.

- There are still many PT figs we want.  Don't forget them.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2004, 07:34 PM »
-How about a 4-pack of Commtech-era Stormtroopers widely available at retail, or as a TRU exclusive? I'm sick of not finding this repack in stores.

-SA Clonetrooper. Will it return? This is possibly the greatest prequel figure, and it's a shame to see such limited distribution.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2004, 07:49 PM »
- any chance they can fire the monkeys who are handling distribution of these new figures and products and get some good people working in there?

- any chance they can fire the monkeys who decide on the case packs and just make every figure come out at 2 per case, with 6 new figures per case, kinda like the simpsons figures were?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2004, 05:29 AM »
Here's a question that will just get Matt a "duhhh" look from whatever Hasbro rep he can speak with...

- With the use of harder plastics for accessories in your more widely popular GI Joe and Transformers line, can we please have a better plastic used for your Star Wars line.

Add to that...

- I want a refund for all of my Saga Battle Droids! :)

Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Simdog

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2004, 09:50 AM »
I want to see and hear about figures that are coming out after the original 38 OTC figures.

I want to know about Hasbro's plans for the 1st quarter of next year (before Ep.3).

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2004, 02:55 PM »
 Will any new figs be produced to tie in with the new scenes in the DVD release?  ex.  Vader (Haydens face) with removable helmet, Spirit of Anakin (Haydens face).

I guess this one has been somewhat answered, thanks to Scott.  Looks like the Holo Emperor is in fact based on Ian McDirmad, although a rehash.