Author Topic: SW DVD Individual Case Insert Image  (Read 3099 times)

Durge

SW DVD Individual Case Insert Image
« on: June 17, 2004, 01:10 AM »

Nice change. This time they actually put the correct characters on their corresponding films.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: SW DVD Individual Case Insert Image
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 04:25 AM »
I agree Steven.  Good to see some more appropriate characters on each DVD now, as opposed to the SEs from a while back (if memory serves me correctly).  Though it's a little deceiving to have Luke weilding his lightsaber on the ANH cover there.

Notice the Holo Emperor for ESB?  All the talk of changing him around for this version...  Does it look like they did there?  I think maybe it does.  Should be interesting to see.  Wish I could make out more of the ESB and ROTJ packaging though.  Soon, I guess.

SilverZ

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 04:32 AM »
Personally I don't think these are finals. God, I hope not. There's been a lot of debate on the DVD forums about their actual status, since the image came from a Scandinavian source.

The Leia they've used for the ANH cover is a press kit photo from The Star Wars Holiday Special. Just so everyone knows, if these are final, this makes the SWHS officially canon.  ;)

Durge

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 04:44 AM »
LOL, you're right! I can't believe I missed it. It's still a good picture nonetheless.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 08:26 AM »
The Leia they've used for the ANH cover is a press kit photo from The Star Wars Holiday Special. Just so everyone knows, if these are final, this makes the SWHS officially canon.  ;)

Nope, has to appear in the films to be canon, nothing else to it.   ;D
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Durge

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 02:50 PM »
"Yipee!" is canon.  ;)

SilverZ

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 08:03 PM »

I know they were going to for PS'ed versions of the Struzan SE posters like the PT, but these just look... bleh.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 08:19 PM by Tydirium »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2004, 06:05 PM »
I think they look alright.  Might've been cool if they stuck with the "colored" themes there, and made the ESB one more red, to go with the blue ANH and green ROTJ.  Looks like they tweaked them a bit from the ones we saw earlier.

I have to say that it's a little disappointing to not see Chewy or the Droids represented anywhere.  That's a pretty notable exclusion there.  I think they should've squeezed them in somewhere.  Oh well.

Wonder what the 4th (extra) cover will look like...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2004, 06:15 PM »
They look ok to me...  Nothing amazing, but then again I wasn't really expecting anything to floor me.

They're fairly close to that image Durge slipped in but isn't there now...  At least similar in style from what I recall, but that either was a fan-made or early version of it.

I think the ANH color should've been more "red" for Tatooine or something...  The blue of ESB I like only because of the dominantly "cold" theme it had at first.  

ROTJ Cover's nice with the green I thought.   My favorite of the bunch.

I agree with you Matt about the droids and Chewy missing.  Blah!  I didn't see him, but Tarkin should be squeezed onto the ANH cover somewhere if he isn't.  He's equally important in that one film.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77