Author Topic: PackIns, Weapons and Accessories...What Do You Want to See?  (Read 3311 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
I've been dreaming of a Moisture Vaporator for about 9 years now...still don't have one

I'd also like to see the walking holo projector from Episode I and The Naboo Peace Ball (damn them for neglecting Episode I Padme >:()

SilverZ

Re: PackIns, Weapons and Accessories...What Do You Want to See?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 04:22 PM »
I'd take a view vaporators for sure.

Some random accessories that I really want:
Training Remote with clear stand
Luke’s ANH Poncho
Ladder for the PFX X-Wing
Radio headsets to make good “Gunner Station” Luke and Han
Rebel Hoth Trooper’s mobile tripod laser cannon

These are larger “Ultra” style accessories I’d like:
Bespin Torture Rack
Ewok Catapult
Death Star Gunner Turret
Senate Pod

SilverZ

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 04:24 PM »
Oh, and a bunch of Womprats.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 04:40 PM »
Nice choices...forgot my #1 actual screen scene accessory...the Yavin Death Star War Map

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 11:06 PM »
Well, I'm gonna list them with the figures I think they should come with...

THE PHANTOM MENACE
Holographic Darth Sidious with walking holo-projector
Nute Gunray seated on walking chair

ATTACK OF THE CLONES
Supreme Chancellor Palpatine with chair, desk & holographic Onacanda Farr
Clone Youth with learning station
Coleman Trebor with Jedi Council chair
Clone Trooper Commander with binoculars
more Jedi Padawans with training remotes

A NEW HOPE
Owen Lars with moisture vaporator
Obi-Wan Kenobi with Tractor Beam control station
Imperial Detention Block Officer with control console
Death Star Gunner with control console
Commander Willard with Yavin base tactical plot

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
Toryn Farr with tactical plot
Han Solo with torture device
Darth Vader with meditation chamber

RETURN OF THE JEDI
Jabba's throne
Han Solo with revamped carbonite block
Emporer's Throne with sg Emporer
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 11:07 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 09:59 AM »
I'm gonna steal Nick's list (because I like it) and add to it...  :)

THE PHANTOM MENACE
Holographic Darth Sidious with walking holo-projector
Nute Gunray seated on walking chair
Wookiee Senator with Senate Pod

ATTACK OF THE CLONES
Supreme Chancellor Palpatine with chair, desk & holographic Onacanda Farr
Clone Youth with learning station
Coleman Trebor with Jedi Council chair
Clone Trooper Commander with binoculars
more Jedi Padawans with training remotes
Fireside Padme with Fireplace (just so I can get that figure!)

A NEW HOPE
Owen Lars with moisture vaporator
Obi-Wan Kenobi with Tractor Beam control station
Imperial Detention Block Officer with control console
Death Star Gunner with control console
Commander Willard with Yavin base tactical plot
Red Leader X-Wing Pilot w/X-Wing Gear (Ladders, Crates, Etc)
General Tagge w/Imp Officer Meeting Table
Moff Tarkin (resculpt) w/Imp Officer Chairs (2)

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
Toryn Farr with tactical plot
Major Bren Derlin w/Hoth Tripod Cannon
Han Solo with torture device
Darth Vader with meditation chamber
Ugnaughts w/Junk Sorting Line
Darth Vader w/Dining Room Table, magnet in hand and metal DL44

RETURN OF THE JEDI
Jabba's throne w/NEW Bib Fortuna
Ak-Rev w/Gong-drum
Han Solo with revamped carbonite block
Emporer's Throne with sg Emporer
Ewok Warrior w/Catapult
Ewok Warrior w/Log Trap

It's looking like a pretty cool list...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 11:51 PM »
Nice additions Nataku!  I wish I had thought of Ak-Rev with the drum.  I thought about the Wookiee senator with the Senate Pod, but I thought that might be more like a small vehicle than an accessory.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2004, 12:00 AM »
I'd like to see Hasbro focus more on figures than what's stuck there beside them...

rectangular plastic stands are now sort of "generic", and they answer the call people had for stands, but honestly I'd sooner see a figure who could be posed to stand by himself without need for a stand to aid him.

The big things, like your moisture vap Scott, would be great things for the Ultra line...  An Owen resculpt (even just retooled using the body of the 1st?) with Vaporizer on an Ultra card sunsd great to me.  THey pack in the Beru Treadwell with it, and THAT would be an "Ultra" set.

Larger accessories like that, I'm all over in the Ultra line, but as far as regular figures go...  I'm torn.

When I've handed in some of my reviews for the site, accessories (or lack there of) have been a gripe of mine I've noticed, but so's articulation.  If I were forced to a choice, I'd take the latter over the former...  I'd have taken ball/socket joints over a blaster and stand with Ozzel.  

Then again, the blaster and stand didn't require mold tooling, just production, so had the Ozzel simply been articulated differently the blaster and stand would not have necessarilly looked better, but the figure overall would have, so little things like accessories wouldn't have impacted my opinion as much.

With the molds for many accessories you'd see packed in with basic figures already being complete, I'd sooner see the figures improved overall then.

Ultra though...

THAT is the line I'd love to see new, big, impressive accessories packed in to complement what should be impressive "basic" figures.  Riekean with more aritculation, a baton, or a chair with that screen would've equaled "Ultra" to me.  As it stood though, he was really lacking in the accessory dept. for $10, especially considering he was a mediocre figure overall.

So, for Ultra, this is what I'd like...

A New Hope

-Death Star Trooper w/Console...  Round "classic" consoles from the Death Star with a grey-tuniced Death Star Trooper.  Reuse the POTF2 head/helmet even, but a new body sculpt with good (12 - 14) articulation points.

-Death Star Gunner...  POTJ Imp. Officer body/arms, POTF2 DSG Head, TIE Pilot pack-in figure's legs, and a reworking of the Vintage Death Star Gun with its own stand-alone base and 2 accurate seats for gunners.

-Uncle Owen w/Vaporator...  (See Earlier)

-Rebel Technician w/Transport & Tools...  Retooled POTJ Imperial Officer with new head and removable tech helmet (with chin strap), Pack-in tools (generic, or from various other figures), and a mutliple-piece transport with seats for pilot figures like the "Gold Leader" to ride to their fighter.

-Yavin Sentry w/tower...  New Rebel Fleet Trooper with better articulation, Antilles' helmet & blaster, working holster, and a collapsable lookout tower (pike and scanner gun as well?).

-Imperial Scanner Tech...  Retooled POTJ Imperial Officer with new head & arms, scanner box with opening lid and "equipment" inside.  
If it's too small, a 2-pack of techs with different heads and the box would rock!

-Cantina "Alcove"...  A booth from the Cantina...  Various aliens could be packed in, even if they reused some parts (but made new characters, or improved POOR figures from before).

-Ubessian Speeder...  I'd love the little round speeder from Mos Eisley on an Ultra card.  Pack in a Jawa driver or something. :)

-Yavin Tactical Board w/figure...  Either pack in the Rebel Technician with the headset/com officer, or pack in the bald fellow with a mustache in officer's uniform.  Reuse Antilles' body for it even?

Empire Strikes Back

-Hoth Rebel Technician...  New sculpt Hoth Technician with a reissue of the vintage (I wouldn't mind) Vehicle Maintenance Energizer with a new deco.

-Hoth Rebel Soldier with tri-pod gun...  Super Articulated Hoth Rebel Soldier with a tri-pod Rebel blaster from the trenches.  

-Hoth "Heavy" Footsoldier...  Running variation of the above with the heavy cannon the soldiers used to fight wampas and also used in the trenches.  New headsculpt.

-Bespin Torture Han Solo...  Bespin Capture Scuplt even?  With interchangeable heads ("screaming head and neutral?), and the torture rack from ESB.

-Carbonite Han Solo...  2-slabs (melted and frozen) that both can encompass a Han Solo figure...  Includes a new sculpt Carbo Han with 2-heads (neutral and "hybernation sickness).

-Dagobah Training Luke Skywalker...  Luke Skywalker with improved articulation, softgoods waist-jacket, a suction-cup vine, a cloth backpack, and removable belt/holster/pistol/saber.  A "playable" version of the new Dagobah Luke.  Even reuse parts of that upcoming figure.

Return of the Jedi

-Super Articulated Scout & New Bike...  Resculpt of the Speederbike to-scale, with proper details, sturdy plastic, and a super articulated Scout Trooper.  Count me in for a TON of that.

-Endor Rebel Soldier (Shield Destruction)...  piece of railing/consoles from the Bunker interior, a decently articulated Endor Soldier with a cloth shooulderbag that opens to hold the little bombs from the Endor accessory set.

-Emperor w/Throne...  Simple enough...   Sitting Emperor with a nicely sclpted/detailed throne.  

-C-3PO w/Ewok Throne & Ewok Warrior...  A generic warrior made from Teebo's sculpt with Wickets hood (recolored), a C-3PO that can sit in the throne, and you supply t he other Ewok to carry him!

-Ewok w/Catapult...  New Catapult with another generic (or one of the vintage yet done?) made the same way as the Ewok with 3PO.  Simple Teebo repaint with Wicket hood and weapon.

That's just a couple things I'd personally love to see made...  I'm sure I could think of others if I weren't so tired, especially for main characters...  A Han Endor incorporated into that somehow would be awesome...

Good figures that people want, and good accessories people will appreciate and proudly display.  The Accessories in Ultra are really key though...  The figure should be everything you get with a basic figure, but the accessory is what's asking for your other $5.  Could really capitalize on some good things with some enginuity on Hasbro's part, and with some effort put into the figure itself.

Gotta sell the first $5 before you sell the second $5 with that line, but it's definitely doable and can make everyone happy on both ends.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 01:48 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2004, 12:04 AM »
 :o

Uh...  Ditto!

:P