Author Topic: Pegwarmer of the Year Award  (Read 21342 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Pegwarmer of the Year Award
« Reply #60 on: May 9, 2004, 03:37 AM »
Ironically, Ach Med Beq is non-existant here...  The entire outlander wave's really sparse (though it hit full force when it was new).

I'd  like another Obi and Elan, but to no avail...  Ach I could do without though, and hpefully he won't ship again.  Terrible figure idea IMO.

I think the figure didn't turn out as swift as it oculd've itself anyway...  Nice headswap idea, but bad/awkward posed sculpt.  Made the articulation useless.  :(

Here it's that damnable Hoth Trooper, and as of yesterday the Ashla/Jempa, Yoda/Youngling, and Barris/Aylya figures are now warming pegs HUGE time at at least a couple local Wal-Mart stores.  Thanks for the repacks Hasbro.  :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2004, 10:18 AM »
The newest Saga pegwarmer around here seems to be Gen. Dodonna.  This guy is keeping the pegs at Target nice and toasty, and has made appearances at Wal-Mart and TRU as well.  Another figure that I see quite a bit is the repacked Hoth Han.  I used to worry that I'd miss this figure (with the 2003 shipping problems), but now I see him about everywhere too.  On my last trip to our closest Target, they had 13 Star Wars figures.  9 General Dodonnas, 3 Hoth Hans, and 1 SC Anakin.  I don't see that many Dodonnas selling anytime soon :).  I used to look forward to new Saga stuff showing up, but now I'd wish they get off the pegs just to see OTC figures sitting there.  I've found all the "new" OTC figs (still a few repacks to get), but if I'm going to go to the Star Wars aisle and come away empty handed, I'd sooner look at those black and silver beauties instead :P.  That said, we never did see the Endor wave around here either (thanks Jeff!)...here's hoping the OTC repacked General Lando is easier to find.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2004, 01:17 PM »
I agree, the biggest Pegwarmers here are Dodanna and Commtech Han (In all forms).
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2004, 12:09 AM »
In Pittsburgh, the reigning champ is STILL the Hoth Rebel Sooldier.  This guy's dominating pegs at Wal-Mart stores, a few Targets, and TRU's he's at times the only figure it seems.

NOT good.

Had this figure been a GOOD figure, would he be sitting?  I somehow doubt it.  If he'd had a neutral pose, incredible arm articulation, a proper height, and a nice sculpt, he'd have been one of the hottest figures for army builders in '03/'04 I believe.  He might've even required repacking to satiate demand.

Throw a working holster w/removable to-scale RFT gun, and a removable hat and you'd have a figure you couldn't have kept on the pegs IMO.  SA would've made him so hotly demanded it'd have taken army builder sets to make people happy I think.

In the same vein, some Wal-Marts in my neck show signs of the Yavin wave backing up, but I think you'll see them move eventually.  Antilles seems to back up then trickle off slowly.  "Dutch" and TIE Pilot never last.  Dodonna's always left last.

I see the Hoth Soldier everywhere though, save for a few Target stores who had been emptied prior to OTC shipping.  

It's really terrible.

Now, WM has pegwarmers exclusive to themselves...  The Younglings/Yoda E2 repacks, and the female Jedi repacks (Aayla Secura and Barris).  They are EVERYWHERE at Wal-Mart.  I honestly can't think f a Wal-Mart that desn't have at least one of those figures, and most of them have entire pegs full of them.  One WM in particular near me has the normal peg hooks filled with them, and then n an Endcap they have a TON of stuff from the end of Saga like Hoth, Yavin, Star Destroyer, and Jabba's Palace waves.  

Endor was there, I guess, but sold out.  The rest are just hanging around...  They're stripped down, and there's less every time I go, but it's an ENTIRE endcap, so it's slow dwindling at that store, and there's still those repack Jedi and Younglings in the regular area just sitting on 10 pegs or so full.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2004, 01:09 PM »
Up North (eh) we've seen some subtle shifts.  You can still find Jar Jar, en masse, in too many locations.  One of the benefits of getting so few figures is that the peg warmers are not always what you expect.  

Shmi and Ketwol still can be found.  

Dodonna, Antilles and tie pilot can be found fairly easily, though I have no idea why the last one still sits.  

Several stores up here received the same cases of US cards: Snowtrooper, Anakin, Hoth Han brown coat, some crappy Obi.  And you can find Lando Skiff and new Bossk pretty easily too.  

Sadly, that's enough to clog up the pegs and prevent wide distribution of OTC stuff :-\  Retailers up here, perhaps like anywhere, just don't seem to pay attention or even remotely get it.  Walmart puts out a case of OTC Dagobah wave and it's sold within two days, even with a card bender on the loose >:(  Superstore puts out single cases of same wave - same result, gone in days.  TRU and Zellers probably ordered the OTC stuff, but got hosed by Hasbro Canada which seems to have shipped US dregs cases that were unloaded by their US counterparts, presumably so they could put out the OTC stuff.  

Possibly the biggest pegwarmer up here right now is Vader's OTC Tie.  Only TRU is carrying it (exclusive?) but each store has a dozen that seem only to be collecting dust.  And TRU is not known for clearancing stuff, only for looking at what they have too much of and thinking oh, look, those didn't sell, star wars is a dead issue.  The contrary thought at TRU seems to be oh look, those are selling, let's order 1000 ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2004, 01:13 PM »
It seems that everywhere I go, they have armies of Dutch and Dodonna warming the pegs.  To my amazement, I still see plenty of Ack-Med Beq.  >:(  
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2004, 10:48 PM »
All I see are Acks, which I would only buy if they were $2 each. The Imp Dignitaries are really huge peg warmers as well as Hoth Hans.
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2004, 05:07 PM »
Another one in Pgh. is that Yoda/youngling gold stripe Saga.  It's everywhere  Actually that whole wave is.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2004, 05:27 PM »
Yup, they reshipped that one bigtime.  That's a Wal-Mart exclusive practically. 

Hate those Younglings and the Barris/Aayla figures.   >:(