Author Topic: Necessary Evils  (Read 1703 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Necessary Evils
« on: June 20, 2004, 10:10 AM »
I tried to make sure this wasn't a duplicate topic so if it is I apologize....

After spending the better part of yesterday cleaning out the garage, I came up with a point to ponder with my JediDefender buddies.....

What is your number 1 necessary evil?  I mean that one thing that annoys you to no end, but you have to have.

Maybe it was just the setting of where I came up with the idea, but here is mine....

Packing Peanuts...the little foam pellets that most people use to pack stuff when they ship it.  No matter how careful one is, they will always Spill, Fall out or otherwise escape from the package and since I order 90% of my figures online, then  I end up with a ton of these things. They don't Sweep up well, they have no other uses (for me).

Anybody else have one?

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Necessary Evils
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 01:32 PM »
Well to counter the greater Ice Landic threat, I must allow the militiriastic Nova Scotionian to build up it's high sea's fleet.

My real necessary evil would be putting up with teachers and students who don't see eye to eye with me. But we all have to go through with it, might as well just face accept that.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 02:29 PM »
I mean that one thing that annoys you to no end, but you have to have.

Chris Berry.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 03:03 PM »
What is your number 1 necessary evil?  I mean that one thing that annoys you to no end, but you have to have.
Anybody else have one?

Yeah, my job.   :-\

(I'll think of some other ones later though...)   ;)

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 03:46 PM »
Eating. I know, lots of people LOVE to eat. Not me. If I could get away with not eating, I'd be happier.

And with not eating comes not having to poop. That's also a bit of an annoyance at times.

Sleeping I enjoy. That's nice.
Post sober.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 05:35 PM »
sleeping to me is a neccesary evil. i mean, it's such a waste of time. think about it - if you sleep on the average of 8 hours every night, you spend 1/3 of your life sleeping. if there was a way that i could eliminate sleep, and stay awake for the rest of my life without getting tired, i would sign up in a minute.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 09:20 PM »
Work. I hate it, but if I didn't do it, I couldn't waste money on toys, comics, beer, and DVDs/CDs.

That and Jen would leave. That'd suck.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 11:09 PM »
Travelling, I would love to do without having to drive or take a bus/train to get wherever it is I have to go. I have a short fuse when it comes to being in traffic. I just can't stand the way most people drive and how it effects the amount of time it takes me to get from point a to point b. And it gets worse when I'm taking public transportation cause I have even less control over the driiving. Can't someone create a personal transporter system so I could just beam into work or something, or can I just get superpowers that allow me to fly? Is that so much to ask?  :P
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 09:50 PM »
Human contact. People irritate me to no end, but I get lonley.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...