Author Topic: Graduation!  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Graduation!
« on: June 25, 2004, 09:55 PM »
I graduate from Highschool tommorow. That's right, your resident youngin' managed to pass Algebra to get the only credit he needed to graduate Highschool, and is now entering the real world.

I was wondering if any of you had some sage like advice, or anything you can offer in ideas for the future? :)

Kevin

The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Re: Graduation!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 10:40 PM »
Congratulations!!!

As for advice: do what you want to do, don't follow money. Oh, and when the robots take over, try to make sure you're on their side.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 11:17 PM »
This is your enemy.

SilverZ

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 12:47 AM »
Congrats! You're finally free!

I think the best advice is to not listen to anyone's sage-like advice. Following in the footsteps of those older than you doesn't help you do anything differently or better than those before you. Do what you feel you want to do and stick to your gut.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2004, 07:55 AM »
Good work Famine...

First, you're not truly "free" yet.  I personally found that, while graduating high school was great for me at the time, turning 21 actually was my truest moment of freedom.  The day I realized the world was a pretty wide open place.

You've got 3 years of a goofy "limbo" to go through, but it's a hell of a lot better than the years in high school.  :)

Second, make sure you enjoy your college years and don't goof off.  Have fun during them, but make your best effort too.  You'll appreciate the growth later.

And third, don't drink too much and develope a horrendous beer gut.  It's a very common side-effect of graduating high school that can take upwards of 12 years to develope, but it can happen!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2004, 12:46 PM »
Just ask Morgbug on that last one ;)

Congrats on the Graduation, I personally will tell you to savor your friendships that you have right now.  Even the small ones because a year will pass and you'll see less of them and then two and then three and then 6 and then 10 and you'll realize that people you really cared about at the time are gone.  Its part of growing up and it makes you what you are as a person but its also a little sad.  It definitely is one of the stepping stones in life...the summer after high school was one of the best times of my life.  Enjoy every minute of it because you only get to do it once :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2004, 08:13 PM »
What should have been a happy day for me was pretty gloomy. My mom forgot, and did not come to my graduation. :(

Thank you all for the advice.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2004, 01:48 AM »
Just ask Morgbug on that last one ;)

Um, yeah, but I used up my full 22, um, 12 years since high school to develop that :-[

Sage advice?  

Have fun, don't worry too much about being 'grown up'.  Don't be stupid, they can put you and keep you in jail.  Don't rush to do anything.  And don't grow up completely.  It's cool being married, having kids, bills, taxes to pay, a mortgage.... :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.