Author Topic: VOTC Han Solo (large(ish) pics)  (Read 3012 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
VOTC Han Solo (large(ish) pics)
« on: June 25, 2004, 06:15 PM »
No these have not hit US Retail, however I obtained this figure through Alliance Collectables, at the fair price of $11.95.

Mind you some of the pictures are blurry, par usual with me. However today I've had two tornados hit my city, so bare with me.

The clamshell is flimsy. Not as sturdy as I would have expected, but non the less it's nice, as far as clamshells go.

I then began to open the clamshell, being carefull not to damage the figure. I noticed that the two emblems on the top of the shell are what holds it in place, much like a button. These bottons are aided by two strips of tape along the side.

I then opened the box, and the figure just fell out. Nice and easy, no twist ties or anything.  :D

This figure is loaded with articulation, and can hold many of the modern weapons.

Speaking of weapons, the gun is made of hard plastic, as is the rest of the figure. Very nice.

Next I began to size him up next to other figures, and, well, take a look. He appears to be the perfect match.

So that's it. I'm quite pleased that Hasbro actually made something good. I'm more displeased that the figure came today, as I went to bed at 10 AM, and awoke at 1:00 to the first Tornado. However I digress, this figure is a perfect 10.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Durge

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: VOTC Han Solo (large(ish) pics)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 12:33 AM »
 :o Might have to order one early too! :o

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 02:16 AM »
Impressive there my friend, thanks for sharing images Vator...

This Han should see the light of date at basic retail I believe...  You can do anything.  Hell I'd even like a "Death Star" version with a removable Stormie belt and stormie blaster or something.

Luke, even with the goofy cloth robe, would be cool to do the same with.

I'm really anxious to see the articulation on Luke actually...  Doublejointed torso was word on him, and thus the reason for the robe.  I still don't get WHY they would give him that torso, but whatever.

Anyway, a couple ?'s...  Or one anyway.

1) Is Han substantially shorter than the CT STormie?  Very curious if he is, and then what may be of the VOTC Stormie and how he'll stack up against the CT.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 02:22 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 02:28 AM »
From the top of my head, no he isn't. However, I'll take some more pictures and post so you can decide, how 'bout that?

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 05:10 AM »
Here you go Jesse! With a little crappy story birthed out fo bordem! Huzzah!

Dangit! They worked when I posted them this morning. Ok, I'll repost them later.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 06:13 PM by Vator »

Offline Durge

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 02:12 PM »
Red X is all I see.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2004, 02:07 PM »
The story was good while it was up Vator, glad I caught it before it seemingly disappeared, haha. :)

Pretty darn poseable there...  I'm impressed.  The headsculpt's actually shaping up to be my 2nd favorite aspect behind the articulation.

Those ball/socket joints are awesome.  Hasbro is a master at super articulation (when they want to), and hiding it as well.  They do it better than any company out there, at least in this scale.  

I just wish they did it ALL the time.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2004, 09:48 PM »
Glad you saw it.

One gripe is that some of the bulkier weapons, such as POTF2 blasters are a little to big for the hands. The more recent ones, POTJ and up, work well though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: July 1, 2004, 01:07 AM »
Customizing weapons is a neat little side-hobby I've found through customizing actually, so I sometimes fix up weapons like that, but to me most POTF2 weapons are so horrendous anyway that I'm just as glad to not use them.

I'm actually really happy with Hasbro about weapons though.  If there's one area they really do well, they sculpt some nice accessories.

Their plastic sucks, but the sculpts are impressive.  Hasbro's steadily improved there too.  The Impy blasters, the RFT apology gun from the Yavin wave...  Vast improvements!