Author Topic: The Will Ferrell Appreciation Society  (Read 15451 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: The Will Ferrell Appreciation Society
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2007, 12:26 PM »
Sorry -- guess I don't appreciate him quite as much as you do Matt.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2007, 01:32 PM »
Sorry -- guess I don't appreciate him quite as much as you do Matt.

Obviously.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2008, 10:53 PM »
I thought I'd bump this one up to see if anyone gave a **** about Semi-Pro (I don't).  While searching for a pic or poster to use, I found this:

I still don't give a **** about Semi-Pro, but that picture made me laugh out loud.

Semi-Pro opens February 29.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #80 on: June 8, 2009, 02:54 AM »
Will Ferrell shtick vehicle "Land of the Lost" tanks at $19.5 million for the weekend: http://tinyurl.com/mr387p

Good riddance to mediocrity. The thing looks like **** on a cracker. I mean, I'll probably Netflix it at some point and down a few beers (or shots) while I do so, but damned if I'm going to pay 9 bucks for it in the theater.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2009, 02:55 AM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 8, 2009, 10:58 AM »
Would that dismal showing in anyway cause Hollywood to rethink the idea of bringing old TV shows to screen?  Or remaking movies that are only about 20 years old, or less? 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #82 on: June 8, 2009, 11:22 AM »
I think GI JOE's performance will have a significant impact.  If it's as horrible as it looks and still does well, we'll get horrible **** for years.  If it's as horrible as it looks and bombs, then maybe they'll think they actually need to invest in quality.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 8, 2009, 12:30 PM »
Is America Over Will Ferrell?

Why was America ever "under" him? I've never got his popularity. Even back to SNL.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 8, 2009, 12:44 PM »
I've never been a huge Will Ferrell fan.  Some of his movies aren't that bad, but most of them I've never seen or I wait til their on TV years down the road.

I think the only movie of his I own is Talladega Nights and I do really like that.  But most of his other films I haven't been that interested in.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 8, 2009, 01:25 PM »

No, if you've seen one Will Ferrel movie you've seen them all.

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/06/is-america-over-will-ferrell.html?cnn=yes

Land of the Lost is just the latest proof that Ferrell's shtick -- the clueless, self-deprecating blowhard man-child -- is growing stale. You can put him in a NASCAR jumpsuit, a basketball uniform, or a quantum paleontologist's khakis, but he's pretty much always the same guy. You know that at some point he'll take off his shirt and reveal his flabby belly, or dump dinosaur urine on his head, and then mug at the camera as if to say, Ain't it hilarious? Well, yes it was...the first time.

Thanks for the link DSJ.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 8, 2009, 01:59 PM »
Wow - I had no clue he had his own thread.  I liked Will Ferrell's stuff, but I'm getting really burnt out on his "humor" now.  Never watched SNL back in the day so I never even saw him until A Night at the Roxbury hit video/VHS/DVD or whatever it was in the tail end of the 90's.

I would have liked seeing that Man vs Wild episode with him - that looked pretty funny.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2009, 03:01 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 8, 2009, 06:45 PM »
I've gone through a weird roller coaster phase with Ferrell, at first I liked him, then I didn't care for him, then I liked him again, and now I don't care for him again. I have NO desire to see Land of the Lost, and when I first started seeing previews I actually felt like I would have to force myself to see it because it's Will Ferrell, and thus everyone will see it, and thus I will need to see it in order to stay current. Looks like nobody saw it, so I don't have to. I'll probably pick it up in a year when it's $6.99 at Best Buy, solely for the sidekick (the guy who plays Kenny Powers in Eastbound and Down).

Will Ferrell knows how to be a funny guy but like that article says, he's pretty stale right now. Perhaps it's time for him to reinvent himself?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 8, 2009, 07:54 PM »
Sadly, I have to add to the now WF Depreciation thread.  I have no desire to see LOTL either and agree that if you've seen one Will Ferrell movie, you've seen them all.