Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2004 - Preseason/Draft  (Read 154101 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: JediDefender Fantasy Football
« Reply #180 on: August 26, 2004, 01:06 AM »
It's suicide in a way... I mean, it takes away your options of choosing which QB to play entirely...  As of now, you're stuck playing whoever the Giants decide to play - the other two options automatically become worthless every week.

And now on the Giants By-Week - even with 3 QBs on the roster - he's got no one to start unless he drafts a fourth QB.

Now I don't want to be the one to start giving advice or helping anyone out or calling anyone out, and competition says to let anyone who wants to make a move that helps everyone else, but I thought some friendly advice was in order given how absurd those moves are.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 26, 2004, 01:51 AM »
Well, I can honestly say I'm astounded by the drafting of the Giants entire QB roster.  Jesse Palmer in the 1st round?  The only way the guy plays at all this year is if Warner and Eli go down or if he goes to another team.  Bottom line is that if you don't know the sport and want to do a fantasy league, draft at your own risk. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 26, 2004, 07:21 AM »
I see Mosnab hasn't had a chance to pick yet, I'll be posting my pick then at 7 PM EST today.  See you then.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 26, 2004, 07:32 AM »
Sorry to make you guys wait......Darrell Jackson, WR

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #184 on: August 26, 2004, 08:43 AM »
I almost sharted when I saw that Jesse Palmer was even drafted!   :o
dustrho

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 26, 2004, 09:04 AM »
2 FRIGGIN QB'S?!?! WTF!

QBs garner the high points in fantasy football along with RBs so is wise to get the best you can when you can. As for 2. I pic either first or last in the rounds so other than my initial pick I will always be picking 2 in a row until the end as will Nataku
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 26, 2004, 10:18 AM »
Okay - from now on in this situation, Dressel (or anyone else who can't be around a computer during the day) should PM their top 2 or 3 picks to someone who is not picking anywhere near them so that we can move along during the day.  As it is, looks like no one will be able to pick until this evening.

IMO of course.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 26, 2004, 10:20 AM »
Brian,
can you be around tonight for a bit?  Almost (?) everyone was around last night, at least for a while, so we could make some progress there if you are able. 

Once again, I may be gone tomorrow around noonish.  For a period of three days.  I have no problem emailing/pm'ing a couple of pics, but I do not have a list of 100 + picks to keep this thing going for three days. 

Thoughts?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 26, 2004, 10:23 AM »
pics, but I do not have a list of 100 + picks to keep this thing going for three days. 

Thoughts?

Other than making said list of 100+ picks or working it out with someone here who can call you and ask you about a pick once your turn is up, there isn't much I can think of...

As for tonight, I should be home around 8:00 est. - give or take a half hour.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 26, 2004, 10:24 AM »
Brent - yeah, I can definitely pop in from time to time and make sure not to hold things up at all (hopefully).  I tried to do that last night as well, but then we had a plumbing incident, so I was working on that and then headed to bed.  I'm all for helping things move along, and I will do my best to check in throughout the evening to help get things done.  Its been fun, I know I'm always looking forward to my next pick  :P  I should be online all day, every day, and then can still check in every so often for the rest of the evening.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 26, 2004, 10:39 AM »
Cool, we should make some serious progress tonight then. 

Zod,
the list is probably more productive than calling me.  I know **** about football on that side of the border in general, so need a website to make my picks anyway ;)  Guess I'll have to draw up the list. 

Now, who do I trust? :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #191 on: August 26, 2004, 10:40 AM »
I thought about having people on opposite ends of the draft board having lists of so many picks ready so in case you aren't around you could have your draft buddy take some one...that may work

Brent, if you want someone to draft for you I know someone from MN who is pretty knowledgable about the NFL and will be around all weekend...I won't even take any money!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 26, 2004, 10:58 AM »
Hey now, knowledgeable about football has nothing to do with it - you just take the first available player off of his list.   ;)  8)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #193 on: August 26, 2004, 10:58 AM »
I was saying if he didn't want to make a list

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 26, 2004, 11:13 AM »
Oh.  Well in that case I hear Ryan Leaf is expected to have a great season.