Author Topic: OCB's Collection  (Read 81866 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: OCB's Collection
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2003, 01:58 PM »
...and I have to comment on how lovely the wallpaper is in your room there.   ;D      ::)
Well, not too bad really - maybe a little 70's, but if you like that, I think you'll enjoy BigDumbWookiee's border trim wallpaper around his equally impressive collection room as well...  Check it out!   ;)

BTW, I like those risers as well, but I've been eyeing something similar, but CLEAR and much more sturdy, from Bed, Bath & Beyond.  Unfortunatley they cost quite a bit more at $10 a pop.  I'll try to snag some pictures from Gizmo's collection to show you what they look like.  The clear shelves, in combination with the clear Real Stands, look great, with no detracting from the figures whatsoever.

But I'm like you Chris, I'm in a holding pattern to unload the collection 'til we get our new house in the next couple of months!  Argh!  Growing impatient...

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2003, 04:21 PM »
...and I have to comment on how lovely the wallpaper is in your room there.   ;D      ::)
But I'm like you Chris, I'm in a holding pattern to unload the collection 'til we get our new house in the next couple of months!  Argh!  Growing impatient...

I'm growing impatient too, but I have about a year before we decide to move out of our townhouse.  We live in a very nice 3 bedrom townhouse, but I only have a very small office where my Star Wars items are out on display.  When we buy a house my wife has already given me the green light to have the entire basement (of the new house).  :)
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2003, 09:02 PM »
Thanks fellas, yep that is my new basement complete with the vintage Wallpaper.  I was actually thinking of taping up all of the card backs I have saved to make a newer looking more SW wallpaper.

Those Extend-a-Shelves are Wal Mart specials, they aren't that cheap though either ($7-$8) a piece.  I was thinking of either painting them or putting some wood grained contact paper on them but I was too impatient to peel wallpaper or do that and I just put it all up.

All I have left to do is hang my ships from the ceiling :o

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2003, 02:24 PM »
You've done a great job with your setup, and you've definitely given me some ideas for when it comes time to moving into a new home next year.
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2003, 02:38 PM »
Hey, I just got an idea here.  If I had that basement of yours I would do the following things to it.

1) Paint the floor and ceiling a very dark gray color (flat paint)... yes, I even said the floor because it's just tile.

2) Paint the walls a lighter shad of gray (flat paint).

3) Then possibly paint some accents on the wall to make it more Imperial looking (like on the death star).
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2004, 01:05 AM »
Hey, I just got an idea here.  If I had that basement of yours I would do the following things to it.

1) Paint the floor and ceiling a very dark gray color (flat paint)... yes, I even said the floor because it's just tile.

2) Paint the walls a lighter shad of gray (flat paint).

3) Then possibly paint some accents on the wall to make it more Imperial looking (like on the death star).

Well, the wifey has finally won her way and we are about to do some basement remodeling.  Nothing too major, some cheapo carpet and removing the wallpaper and repainting the walls

Soooo...everythings got to come down :-[  And so, since everything might not make it back up again I thought I had better take note of my stuff as it once was

Here it is as of July 28, 2004 (minus the VOTC which will be here Friday)

Click on small pics for the big ones :)

The Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

A New Hope

The Empire Strike Back and Vintage

Return of the Jedi

Unleashed and Kubricks

The Simpsons

Marvel

Lord of the Rings

Masters of the Universe and Misc Others

« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 12:13 AM by Scott »

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2004, 02:00 AM »
Crap in a Hat
Sweet stuff
Thats why i don't collect simpsons anymore
Starwars, Stikfas and Clerks thats it.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2004, 10:11 AM »
Thanks Hemish, the good thing is that the Simpsons is officially done as a toy line and I have them all so I don't need to buy anymore ever again!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2004, 10:46 AM »
why is there a half naked barbie looking chick in this picture? one of the senator's floozies??

« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 10:47 AM by jokabofe »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2004, 10:49 AM »
Jedi Entertainment...that was my wife's as a girl she put it there and I took the top down :P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2004, 11:46 AM »
Jedi Entertainment...that was my wife's as a girl she put it there and I took the top down :P

Sure!  :-*

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2005, 12:35 AM »
Not sure if everyone knew or not be we up and moved a few months ago.  We both got new jobs and moved to smaller town in rural MN.  Still big (40,000 people) but no more traffic etc

So, we moved in to our new house at the end of October and I just about have everything out again that will be coming out

Packed away and not coming out:

Simpsons, MASK and LOTR and most of the Kubricks I have, SW Vehicles and some beasties

Put out are most of my 3-3/4" figures, Marvel Legends and MN Sportpicks

So, its been a long and somewhat dreary process.  This is the second time I moved my stuff and I know I have a lot less of some things than I used to.  But more of others.  Anyway on to what I've got cooking:

CLICK FOR BIGGER PICS

The new computer/toy area I guess.  Excuse the mess, still unpacking ;)

Vintage

Kubricks

Modern

Then...I sort of ran out of room out here and so I had to take up part of my workshop area for toy display.  Not ideal but I'll deal with it...bookcases and Legends are back in there

I'll try and get some more finished shots once I get more Johnny Lightning cases for my Kubricks and I get the junk cleared out of the workshop
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 12:38 AM by Scott »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2005, 04:57 PM »
Packed away and not coming out:

Simpsons, MASK and LOTR and most of the Kubricks I have, SW Vehicles and some beasties

How come they aren't coming out?  Too cluttered with all of them?  Too much space required?  I'd have a hard time believing you don't want your Simpsons stuff anymore, maybe the other stuff, but not the WOS stuff.

And while I'm here I'll whine about moving.  I've pretty much packed up all my stuff now too.  Our posession date for the house is supposed to be February 28th, but the agent basically admitted that won't happen.  So who knows how long all my stuff will be packed away.  Lord knows I don't have much desire in unpacking it all . 

So, its been a long and somewhat dreary process.
So what you're saying is if you collect, don't ever move? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2005, 07:13 PM »
Well, I don't think I'll sell it, I just have absolutely no space to display it :-[

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 9, 2006, 12:30 PM »
Thanks for sharing some new pics Scott, everything looks great.  I know I've mentioned it before, but I really like the cases you have for displaying your figures.  Nice and neat, and I like having them up on a wall like that.  I also like how you have the vintage/modern display mirroring each other a bit, a nice way to see how the figures have progressed over the years.  I'm always trying to think of new ways to reorganize my collection, and to avoid things looking "cluttered" as much as possible, and your collection (and some others here at JD) have always been my inspiration for ideas.  Looks great, and glad to hear you're getting all settled into the new house/town/jobs, etc.  Best of luck!