Author Topic: Well hello there!  (Read 2854 times)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
Well hello there!
« on: July 18, 2004, 10:58 AM »
Finally decided to register, been bookmarked for a while now.

I've known Jesse James for a while, he's been over my place a few times for a few SW get togethers.  Briefly, I'm 32, married, I pretty much travel the east US hiring brokers to represent our company.  Have a home in Pittsburgh.  Western PA contact for the PA SW Collectors Society www.pswcs.com I also frequent www.thejawa.net/pitswcc

Currently have over 3600 SW items in the collection both modern and vintage.  Lots of vintage figures both carded and loose, lots of the vintage vehicles/playsets, and all kinds of quirky SW items (I love the oddball stuff)

I also am kind of a SW packrat-I love to collect stuff like articles/ads/etc.  Also do all the posters/comics/and really anything SW.

Love to attend the cons WW/San Diego/Pgh toyshows-comicons/San Diego CC/ and the Celebrations!

MTFBWY!
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Well hello there!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 11:47 AM »
Welcome.

Morgbug is old, and Brad is furry. :-*

I'm great.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 03:40 PM »
Hey Bob!  Gave you a welcome in the E1 bootleg thread but glad you came by here to say hi too...

Bob's a top-notch guy...  I can attest to this.  He actually lives only like 20 minutes from me actually.  He does indeed have a very nice collection, and a great focus on Boba Fett (even a dog by the same name  :D ).

I'm glad you've come by and hope you're gonna stick around and become a regular.  You're definitely welcome in my book.

Bob's a super collector...  Lots of stuff.  I really streamline thigns but Bob's all over the board.

Good friends with Bill Cable and many others from the PA and Pittsburgh collecting circles...  Hopefully someone I'll be hanging out with as well as the rest oof the crew from Pittsburgh a good bit out at C3 (god willing I can get there).

Can't say enough good things really...  So welcome Bob, and thanks for finally stopping in.  Any questions or whatever, and you're welcome to ask myself or one of the other staffers around the place.

Take it easy bud!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 03:41 PM »
OK, in response to famine.....

...the dog is sitting on the roof and is wet.   ???

« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 03:42 PM by bobafett14 »
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2004, 03:45 PM »
and Jesse...likewise... and if you need any help w/C3 let me know, we'll probably be carpooling, etc.  hanging out, partying all week long.

We always have a blast!  Hope to see you on the 31st!  Hopefully I'll have some cool stuff from San Diego!

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2004, 03:55 PM »
OK, in response to famine.....

...the dog is sitting on the roof and is wet.   ???

What the hell is Chris Berry doing sitting on the roof?  ???

I'm Brad, welcome to JD Bob.  ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2004, 10:21 PM »
Welcome to Bob and thanks for joining in on the party!!!  Anyone who can come up with ubercool ideas like the Vs Two Packs is more than welcome here!!!! :)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2004, 10:51 PM »
Holy crap!  I didn't think anyone paid attention to a single word I ever said!

This now changes my whole outlook on life itself!

Yeah, I also suggested a few years back about doing troopers in the style of the old "green army men" AKA different poses like kneeling, prone position, etc.

Lo and behold they came out with the clone 3 packs-I may have to have a talk with Hasbro when I'm in San Diego this week ;^)

over the yrs. I've printed out and saved all my "ideas".  Love to talk with someone who influences things over there.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2004, 12:25 PM »
to JediDefender Bob. Another Bob on the forum.  8)

Just watch out for the other Bob, the old fossil!  ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2004, 08:22 PM »
I was about to welcome you over in the SDCC thread Bob, but figured I should check over here first.  Nice to finally have you swing by JediDefender.  Jesse's definitely mentioned you enough times that I feel like I already know you!   ;)  Maybe we can hook up down at SDCC in a few days.  I'll shoot you a PM in a little bit, and we'll try to work out the details.  Who you heading out here with, and how many days will you be at SDCC?

Anyway, great to finally have you aboard, and I look forward to chatting with you around the forums here!  Don't hesitate to give any of the staff a shout if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions on how to make JD a better place.  We're here to serve.  With that, welcome to the Cheers of the Star Wars collecting community.  Enjoy!   8)

- Matt

P.S.  As for this:

Morgbug is old, and Brad is furry.  :-*

I'm great.

Kevin speaks the truth about those two - you'll see.  His being "great" might be debatable though.  Depends on who you ask...   ;)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 08:27 PM by JediMAC »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2004, 09:02 PM »
Welcome Bob!!!!!!!!!

They are all a little off their rockers here (some are literally in their rockers) but they can be trained.  :-*
Have fun and post pictures of your collection if you can, it sound awesome!!

Beth

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2004, 09:08 PM »
From JediMAC:
Sorry Force Guy, but this isn't how we greet new members here at JD.  "Issues" from other forums stay at other forums.  Fresh starts for everyone here at JD (please)...
  ;)
« Last Edit: August 3, 2004, 01:41 PM by JediMAC »
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2004, 11:49 PM »
welcome to the forums bob! have fun and enjoy your stay...