Author Topic: Episode III line....April 2nd, 2005  (Read 32823 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Episode III line....April 2nd, 2005
« on: July 19, 2004, 07:08 PM »
We've all heard the rumors that the Epsiode III line would be released in early April 05.
However, we now have semi-offical confirmation of that fact. The Offical Site today reveild that the Art of Episode III book would be coming out on the 2nd, as well as the Making of Episode III book.
Now in years past, these kinds of books were released at the same time as the Hasbro line, so given these facts, and previous reports, it looks as though the Episode III line will become available on April 2, 2005.

You heard it here first!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Episode III line....April 2nd, 2005
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 07:57 PM »
Given that Celebration 3 is also in late April as opposed to early May, this early debut seems likely.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 08:08 PM »
Turns out, the second is a saturday, this should be good in order to prevent people from having tough days at work/school. That weekend is going to be ultimate.  :)
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 08:43 PM »
*note to self*  

Work all overtime possible during tax season to afford the inevitable must-buy-everything-star-wars-related season in April 2005  ;) ;D.
Beth

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 10:42 AM »
Yeah, I am going to try and save $500.00 for the initial release, just to guarantee that I am able to get everything I want that first night.  I think I will take off the following Monday from work so I can have more quality time with my new toys. :D

:P

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2004, 11:36 PM »
i thought this thread was about the line to see episode 3

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2004, 01:45 AM »
I have changed since Ep. II.  I can honestly say that with all the news lately of the 3 3/4 line, I am not overly excited yet for next Spring for figures (the movie, I am pumped to see!). I can already say that I will not be buying every figure that comes out, especially since 2005 is the comeback year for action features.  I will wait and see what is coming out and the pictures and then decide.  Like the title of the movie, but I do not like the Ep. III packaging nor the action feature setup. In reality too, my son was 8 when Ep. II came out and he never wanted the action feature SW figures cause they were harder to play with; okay, except for the Anakin with two lightsabers.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2004, 11:01 PM »
Here's hoping that I will have moola to spend spend spend!!!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2004, 12:15 PM »
Here's hoping that I will have moola to spend spend spend!!!!!

SAME HERE!!! :D

:P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2004, 03:21 PM »
2002 was the first time I had experienced any sort of "Midnight Madness".  I didn't do it during Episode I, but was pretty pumped for AOTC, and much deeper into collecting, so a friend and I decided to drive (about 40 miles) out of town to a Wal-Mart.  It was funny, there was probably about a dozen of us there waiting for them to "open the aisle", and I think I got most of the intial run except for a Royal Guard and Count Dooku, which I found later on.  That was by far the most Star Wars stuff I had ever bought at one time, and it was kind of a neat feeling coming home with great big bags of stuff to go through and open.  I think next year, since we're now in a city with Wal-Marts, Targets, and a TRU, I might try to do it again.  Either that or I might go the next day...it sounds like a lot of people had good luck doing that last time.  It is really exciting to get them as soon as you can, but I don't really like to "fight" over them with people either.  I had to save up for awhile last time to be ready for the big hit, I hope to do that again this time around.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2004, 03:33 PM »
April '05 is gonna be expensive.  Between The ROTS line and Celebration 3 AND taxes, I don't know how I'm going to get through that month.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2004, 08:50 PM »
This will be my first, last, and only Midnight Madness.

I cant wait.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2004, 03:38 PM »
Party pooper here.  

I will try, with all of my will power to resist buying any of the non-essential figures in the line.  At least initially.  From watching Episode I and II released early on it seems that more than a few peg warmers and future clearance items emerge.  As an avowed opener, leaving it on the peg to get the snot beat out of it won't be an issue.  

I was skeptical at the release of AOTC toys.  I thought surely they learned their lesson, they won't inundate the pegs again and I was wrong.  There isn't a figure I couldn't get at a fraction of the retail price within a year.  Within 3 months I was buying royal guards loose for $2 a piece.  Not a single early (first 20 figures) release figure from either movie has proven hard to find and only a dozen or so in total have been tough and sell for above retail, one of which is an OT fig - Ephant Mon.  But no, I thought no way will they get that much stock again.  I picked up Reeks for $4, Jango's Slave I for $8 and other ships/beasts at clearance prices.  

My intent is to only pick up a few critical figures that I really like and then wait for the "kids" ::) to decide, once again, that they don't want them once the rush of the movie is over.  Watch me fail miserably as I storm the stores like a kid at Christmas.   :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2004, 10:30 PM »
Hey everyone,

I know it has been a while since I have wrote anything in here.  But I can say I am really thrilled about the new 3 3/4 - Revenge of the Sith line.  Can't wait to see all the "goodies" that are going to be out there!  How many figures do you think will be released for the debut?  About 15 or 20?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2004, 11:32 PM »
Well there's a blast from the past.  How's it goin' Matt?

I think someone posted an early general wave lineup somewhere, a while back (w/o specific figures), and it totaled about 24 or so at the initial Ep. 3 release.  Maybe someone else can confirm that a little better though.