Author Topic: Episode III line....April 2nd, 2005  (Read 32836 times)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Re: Episode III line....April 2nd, 2005
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2004, 10:43 PM »
Good and You?

I thought it would be somewhere around there.  Hope we get loads of jedi!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2004, 12:03 PM »
Well there's a blast from the past.  How's it goin' Matt?

I think someone posted an early general wave lineup somewhere, a while back (w/o specific figures), and it totaled about 24 or so at the initial Ep. 3 release.  Maybe someone else can confirm that a little better though.

From the JD.com news front page:

The JediDefender Spy Network has reported in with a sneak preview at what may be arriving for the Hasbro launch of Revenge of the Sith!

It appears that spring 2005 will see a return to the Collection 1 / Collection 2 separation of the basic figure line for Episode 3. Collection 1 will once again showcase the main characters (Ani, Obi-Wan, Padme, Palptine, Mace, Yoda) with Action Features, while Collection 2 focuses on the secondary characters (along with a few main characters) and posability.

Currently, there are plans at Hasbro for about 17 unique Collection 1 figures and 12 unique Collection 2 figures are in the works for the launch of Episode 3 (expect another Midnight Madness party at TRU as well).

There are plans for 2 or 3 different case assortments that include the 17 Collection 1 figures and at least 2 different case assortments of the 12 Collection 2 figures.

The hard-working staff here at JediDefender bring you the news as soon as we hear it, but please realize that with Hasbro, as always, everything is subject to change.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2004, 01:15 PM »
Only 29 figures initially?  And 17 of them will have action features?  Yeeuck!!

Glad for the information of course, and I doubt it isn't true.  This site is definitely more reputable than most others these days in my opinion. 

Here's to hoping to seeing pics soon, as well as some info on vehicles/playsets, etc.

:P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2004, 01:39 PM »
Thanks for the news scoop Jeff (and JD), always great to hear some "rumblings" now and then.  Although I am more of an OT person, I can say I am starting to get psyched for ROTS.  It will be interesting to see what the "action features" all entail this time around, and how bad it will be.  I went out at midnight last time to get the Episode II figures (most I had ever spent at once on Star Wars), and look back now and probably should have waited to get better versions of the main characters later on.  Hopefully I'll be able to hold out this time and wait it out.  I guess it all depends on what the figures look like, and what is available at launch.  I don't mind that there is only 29 figures or so, it becomes kind of overwhelming at launch sometimes too.  Looking forward to getting some sneak peeks at pics of the figures...and I hope they don't wait too long to release a Chewbacca (and the other Wookiees) figure. :)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2004, 03:28 PM »
If they are going to have action features I just hope they are better than the AOTC's features.  Somehow I doubt they will be though.  Hopefully we won't be getting extreme poses and facial expressions.    Save those for the Unleashed line please.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2004, 09:22 AM »
Keep in mind that there were only 21 figures (counting all four Battle Droids) on the launch of Episode I stuff and 27 figures for the Episode II launch.  I was overwhelmed with the Episode II stuff, and this is going to be the same situation.  We'll probably have another glut as well, so I'm not even going to bother with Midnight Madness again this time.  And don't worry, as Hasbro will no doubt release at least ten more new figures in the two weeks following the initial release like they did with the Saga line.

I'm all for a variety of characters on the launch of the line, and maybe I'm a little old fashioned, but I'd prefer a little mystery in the line from time to time.  Just the other day on another forum I frequent elsewhere, someone was discussing the fact that it would have been incredibly cool if the fact that Maul's double-bladed lightsaber was kept a secret until the opening of the film.  No Maul figures would be released with a double-bladed saber until after the film, that one shot would have never been shown in the teaser trailer, and so on and so forth.  Same thing with releasing the Deluxe "Darth Tyranus" on the same day as the Count Dooku basic figure (which they even put "Dark Lord" on as a subtitle) and the Yoda with a lightsaber before the film was released.  This time around, they'll probably end up releasing a Palpatine "revelation" figure before the film. 

Yes, everyone knows most of this stuff before the film is released anyway, thanks to the wonders of the internet, but I still remember the old days when the Ewoks were blacked out on the backs of the ROTJ cards before that movie was released.  If ESB were released today, Hasbro would release a Darth Vader figure with the caption "Luke Skywalker's Father" on it.  ::)

In my world, they'd release 18 figures for the launch of the line, with no action features:

-Anakin Skywalker
-Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Padme Amidala
-Threepio
-R2-D2
-Mace Windu
-Yoda
-General Grevious
-Wookiee Warrior (generic)
-Clone Trooper
-Bail Organa
-Chancellor Palpatine
-and about six other background/Jedi/Separatist characters that had screen time but did nothing that could be construed as a spoiler.

About three weeks or so after the film opened, *then* they could release the Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Emperor Sidious, Count Dooku, Luke and Leia, Anakin Duel, Obi-Wan Duel, and whoever else.  Of course, I'm a complete nutjob, so what do I know? ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: October 7, 2004, 03:39 PM »
Initital Release?

EpIII Basic Figure Collection - item number: 85174 Age: TBC Availability: APR/05 Barcode: TBC Single Pack Size: TBC Master Carton Size: TBC Master Carton Quantity: TBC Fan targetted action figures focus on authenticity, details and enhanced articulation. Features include secret reveals, value added accessories and natural poses for vehicle fit.

6 x 9 Blister card packaging

Includes 26 figures across 9 waves

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: October 7, 2004, 06:11 PM »
Seems to corroborate with the news we posted earlier on the return of C1 and C2 style releases with "kid friendly" figures and "collector friendly" figures.

I hope Hasbro doesn't snub the collectors though, and not dish them any main characters.  For every action-feature laden, pre-posed main character, he should have a super articulated, neutrally sculpted, non-action feature laden version as well.

It'll be interesting to see if C2 seemingly outsells C1...  Which would debunk a lot of Hasbro's insistance that the action features are popular.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 8, 2004, 09:10 AM »
That's an excellent point Jesse, I'd like to see them do something like that as well.  If they insist on releasing action featured/kid-tastic figures of the main characters, that's fine, as long as they release "normal" versions of them as well.  In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing them out around the same time, just to see which one sells better.  I have a feeling it would be the normal, well articulated versions.  Of course, we'll probably only see action featured ones for the first couple months, and finally get normal versions of the main characters by the time the fall rolls around  :P  I do think I'm going to try my best this time around to have patience, and not just settle for which version is currently out.  I have Outlander Anakin, Coruscant Chase Obi, and Arena Padme to remind me of that :).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: October 8, 2004, 11:42 AM »
I have no problem with the Action Features as long as they promise to do apology figures somewhere down the line.  They've been pretty good on that aspect, still need some nicer Episode II SA Anakin, Obi and Dooku, otherwise they corrected some pretty grievous (:P) errors

I just hope they don't muck up any OT figures this way...those were some of the real of the Saga line

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2004, 07:27 PM »
In my world, they'd release 18 figures for the launch of the line, with no action features:

-Anakin Skywalker
-Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Padme Amidala
-Threepio
-R2-D2
-Mace Windu
-Yoda
-General Grevious
-Wookiee Warrior (generic)
-Clone Trooper
-Bail Organa
-Chancellor Palpatine
-and about six other background/Jedi/Separatist characters that had screen time but did nothing that could be construed as a spoiler.

I don't think we'll be seeing Padme Amidala in ROTS, based on the ending of EP II... ;) Or, did you mean that in your world Portman's character did *not* marry Anakin, and thus is still single and available?
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2004, 11:03 AM »
Hmmm...

That's a good point.

Will Hasbro call her "Padme Skywalker" or "Padme Amidala Skywalker" or "Padme Amidala"?

I supposed since they were married in secret, she wouldn't change her name... or would she?   :-\

Or, maybe we'll get a Senator Padme Amidala figure AND a Padme Skywalker (Mustafar) figures?

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2004, 02:48 PM »
I see that Sir Steve's has a little report up regarding some 2005 stuff showing up in Target's computers.  Of particular interest:

STAR WARS E3 PREMOVIE BASIC FIG.
Price $6.99
Item: 85172
DPCI: 087 06 1244

STAR WARS E3 MEDIUM VEHICLE
Price: $19.99
Item: 85196
DPCI: 087 06 1246

They also have listings for the Jedi Force figure line ($7.99), Clone Wars Animated Figures ($6.99), and some Galactic Heroes stuff.  I see the "premovie" figures are listed at $6.99, which is not good.  Not sure if these are the later OTC waves that have been found online, or if it is the actual "preview" figures.  I sure hope the whole line isn't $7 a pop, unless they are all done VOTC-style (which I highly doubt).

SilverZ

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2004, 07:34 PM »
EE did do a price increase on the post-OTC assortment, so at least it's Hasbro jacking the price globally, it seems.

So there's a Swami report up at GH, too, that talks about a bunch of the ROTS stuff. The vehicle list sounds great. Wookiee vehicles!  :)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2004, 10:24 AM »
I will not pay $7 for this ****.

However, for this I might.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram