Author Topic: Coruscant Wave  (Read 7383 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Coruscant Wave
« on: July 20, 2004, 04:58 PM »
Well,

I thought I'd start a thread here in hopes of seeing these guys at SDCC this week...

The GH Swami and a few others have forseen that the first wave after the 38 OTC repacks will be the Coruscant wave: Pablo Jill (Jedi), Sly Moore (Palpy's Aide), and Senator Yarua (Wookiee Senator).

I think that, perhaps, the forthcoming Coruscant wave may have accidently been confirmed, as reports are coming in that the latest issue of the SW Insider has this to say:

"since we never saw Sly's hands in Episode II, Hasbro was set to give her birdlike talons in an exercise of creative license. However, this was nicked just in case her hands are visible in Episode III."

Hmmm...

Let's hope we find out more from SDCC!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Coruscant Wave
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 05:30 PM »
I really think they'll finally announce these 3...plus hopefully more off the Rumor List...

Rumor List

TPM/AOTC
Sly Moore
Wookiee Senator Yarua
Pablo Jill
Jocasta Nu
Cliegg Lars
Owen Lars
Beru Whitesun
Rabe
Queen Amidala (Celebration)

ANH
R5-D4
Hem Dazon
Banniss Keeg
Bom Vimdin
Feltipern Trevagg (Gotal)
Elis Herlot (Givin)
General Tagge
Luke in Stormtrooper disguise
Han in Stormtrooper disguise
Death Star Trooper
Death Star Officer (Death Star)

ESB
AT-AT driver (Hoth)
Probe Droid (Hoth)
Meditation Chamber Vader
Bespin Dinner Vader
Luke Skywalker (Medical Frigate)
2-1B (Hoth)
E-3PO (Bespin)
Captain Needa (Star Destroyer)
Zuckuss (Star Destroyer)
4-LOM (Star Destroyer)
General Veers
Darth Vader Hoth

ROTJ
Bib Fortuna
Chief Chirpa
Hermi Odle
Weequay
Yarna D'Al Gargan (Jabba's Palace)
Umpass-Stay (Jabba's Palace)
Ak-Rev (Jabba's Palace)
Hreck Kal Fas (Tatooine)
Worrt (Jabba's Palace)
Nien Numb
Luke Skywalker (Endor)
Admiral Ackbar (Endor)
Imperial Dignitary #3 (Sim Aloo)
Imperial Dignitary # 4
Moff Jerjerrod (Death Star)
Gammorean Guard

Vehicles
Cloud Car

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 05:55 PM »
Forget the Coruscant wave.   ::)  Let's talk about the freaking Cantina wave that Hasbro better announce at SDCC, lest they wanna deal with a piece of this action:

Wait a sec...  That's not the right picture!   >:(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 06:32 PM »
BTW, 'Scoop' Pearson got a solid confirmation on this wave too, from one of his sources back on May 14:

Once strongly rumored for the middle of 2004, the Coruscant wave of Sly Moore, Wookiee Senator Yarua and Jedi Pablo Jill was put in limbo due to the Original Trilogy Collection. We have received word from a fairly reliable source that these three figures are still in the works for later this year. Stay tuned for any further updates we can get on them.

I guess as far as Prequel figures go, these aren't too bad.  I'm always up for OT stuff much more, but Sly's a cool and unique looking alien, Wookiee's are always fun (though rarely pulled off well by Hasbro), and Pablo's a freaky deaky looking alien Jedi with an upside down head, which is always a plus.  I'd be even more receptive to this wave though, if a Cantina wave was right behind it!   8)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 06:55 PM »
2 Sens and a cool Alien Jedi are up my alley for much needed relief to the line...  From  prequal standpoint anyway.

Lots of cool possibilities, so hopefully Matt doesn't go apecrap and get thrown out when he "falls down" so to speak.

Judging by the grin beneath those corny-assed glasses though, I think it's inevitable Matt's going to be in trouble at the show.   ::)

Ya know, stress would just float away without the pink sweater man...  Seriously.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 07:04 PM »
Lots of cool possibilities, so hopefully Matt doesn't go apecrap and get thrown out when he "falls down" so to speak.

Apecrap?  I assume that's a close relative to the more common tantrum known as "ape$h!t"...?  Anyway, Jared should be with me, so hopefully he'll keep me under control.  Of course, Jared has anger management problems on occasion as well.  But they're usually isolated to his car, and resaurants...   ;)

Judging by the grin beneath those corny-assed glasses though, I think it's inevitable Matt's going to be in trouble at the show.   ::)

Not if Jamie keeps the hell away from me this time!   >:(  And what about your buddy Bob?  Is he a rabble rouser too?

Nah.  I think the only way I'll really get into any trouble is if Philip brings "The Master" along, and I have to pull a Crocodile Dundee on Greg(g)'s dumb ass!   :D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 04:45 PM »
Huh.

GalacticHunter.com has a picture (slide) from the Hasbro Show.

I like them!  Of course, I can't tell if I like them because they are good figures or I like them because they are the first new basic figures in a while!

Jeff

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2004, 07:11 PM »
Great photos from Galactic Hunter.  Kudos to them for the score on those!

Yarua = great

Bald chick = great

Pablo = cool, but looks action posed for the arena.  :(  Rather have had a poseable figure...  I'll hold off till I see one better though.  Articulation's rough to tell on those robes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2004, 11:14 PM »

Oooh.  Nice.

I like that Wookiee!

Jeff

*edit - better image added*
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 11:43 PM by Nataku »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2004, 11:42 PM »
Very cool!  I'll always take a new Wookie, a new Jedi, and I've been hoping for a Sly Moore figure for a while.  I think I might be able to cross some of these off my wishlists now!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2004, 11:56 PM »
All very good.  The wookie looks like he (she?) shares some parts with the Saga Bespin Chewie, but that's ok.  Sly looks like Zan from Farscape.   :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2004, 12:09 AM »
The wookie looks like he (she?) shares some parts with...

From the Official Site:

"Wookiee Senator Yarua used his position to blockade trade to Trandosha until the bodies of the 215 Wookiee passengers could be returned to Kashyyyk for proper burial."

:)

Jeff

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2004, 01:22 AM »
Yeah, there's some EU contradiction as most  sources say its a "she", but now Hasbro says a he...  EU sources (Galaxies to be exact, and to a lesser extent the holiday specials) indicate that wookies have a feminine shape if they are female, with breasts and all under the fur, but Yarua never LOOKED to have a feminine shape.  Perhaps EU screwed up and Hasbro's right?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2004, 10:10 AM »
This is a pretty cool wave, and I'm looking forward to it.  Sly Moore is an interesting enough background character, but probably the one I'm least enthused about.  But, wookiees and Jedi...woo hoo.  Pablo Jill was one of the most visually interesting aliens in AOTC, and I'm always up for another wookiee.  They all look to be sculpted very well too, so that is great.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2004, 02:06 PM »
I'm really hoping for a removable bandoleir on Yarua and that Pablo is more neutrally psed than he seems.  ARm articulation should be there I'd think...  And otherwise, I think his legs are always kind of bowed like that.

If that's the case, then all 3 are winners to me.  Pablo just looks neat too.  Like Coleman Trebor is a bit "pre-posed" but still turned out as a decent figure.  Still I'd like a Council Coleman someday though.