Author Topic: TRU Naboo 4-pack  (Read 14975 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
TRU Naboo 4-pack
« on: July 21, 2004, 10:36 PM »
Info coming in from Comic-Con...

Looks like this set will include a kit-bashed Kaduu w/feathery saddle, kitbashed articulated knees Tarpals, Gungan warrior with minor paint changes, PotJ Security Battle Droid in neutral color, and Naboo Royal Guard with minor paint deco changes!

I think I'll have to grab this one for the new Kaduu w/Tarpals and the army-building figures that it offers... repacks I finally agree with!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: TRU Naboo 4-pack
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 11:26 PM »
It's great for the people who don't have these, especially the guard, but it's another pass for me.   :(

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 11:37 PM »

not too bad. yeah, it's all repacks, but at least they are okay. and the kaadu is a little different, with the feathers. and actually, the capt tarpals now has articulated knees, so he can actually sit on his kaadu beast, unlike the jar jar i have at home already.

and i can never get enough of those palace guards. that was one of my favorite figures from the ep1 line.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 11:37 PM by jokabofe »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 12:19 AM »
5 words...

At Least Its Army Builders...

That's 5 right?  1... 2...  Uh, yeah ok.

So yeah, it's 5 semi-army builders.  Good droid, good Gungan, nice Kaadu w/Tarpals (or random Gungan cavalry if you wished it) and then that Naboo Guard who I think sucks, but that's just my opinion.

They'll get my $20 for that...  Not the POC, or Endor sets, but this one they will.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 12:57 AM »
What's with the Republic and Confederate symbols in the back of the box?
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 01:00 AM »
Pass for me.  I'm not sure I even understand it myself, but I loathe all things Gungan.  I don't even believe that any of them besides Jar Jar (well, maybe Boss Nass) were that horrible, but something just really sticks in my craw for them.  I refuse to army build with battle droids (mostly cuz of crappy plastic), droidekas or anything else from that movie.  Wonder why?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2004, 11:41 AM »
Count me in for two sets.  Definite openers, and I think the color scheme on the Kaadu is a lot more accurate that before.

:P

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2004, 04:45 PM »
Sign me up for one. I remember opening that Kaadu box years ago and wondering where the feathers for the beast were.

I'm glad they didn't stick Jar Jar in this set, too. I was almost positive they would do that.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2004, 09:57 AM »
I couldn't tell from any of the photos of this set, but will the Battle Droid come with a backpack?  I know there was no space for one on the Security Droid from POTJ, but if they're going with a neutral color scheme, I would hope they would include one with this version.

That Kaadu looks nice and is probably going to get me to buy this set.  The strange thing is that (barring an unforseen price increase on this set) the original Jar Jar and Kaadu was first priced at 20 bucks (although it eventually came down to about two dollars six months later), so this is almost like buying a toy in 1999 and getting three free figures.  Yes, I am trying to rationalize this, but I do like the Kaadu. :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2004, 12:47 PM »
I can't tell if there is a backpack in any pictures ethier. GH has a pic of the back of the box & there is something coming out at the back of the droid. Maybe an antenna from a pack?

Naboo Box Back

This picture looks as if there is something behind the droid & rising towards the top behind the left shoulder.

Possible Backpack?

SilverZ

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2004, 04:47 PM »
To clarify, the BD in the pack is an OOM-9 colored yellow droid, at least in their packaging mock they had on the floor.

The Kaadu did look a lot better than I remember the E1 version being (though its been a while since I've even looked at it). This was a really pleasant surprise to see with the feathers. It makes the pack the first in a long time I find essential in buying. I'd always been bothered that the original Kaadu lacked the ornamental feathers. Thumbs up.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2004, 10:05 AM »
Although the Kaadu is kind of cool, I think I'm in for a pass on this set as well.  I haven't been overly enthused about any of the "TRU pack sets" they have had lately anyways, the repacks they use look so dated...and I have most of them already anyways.  Great for those of you looking for these figures though, although I think these might end up sitting a bit on the shelves.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2004, 09:23 PM »
Picked this set up today at TRU.

I really like the new paint job on the Kaduu, it looks much better than the Ep1 go-round.  The feathers add a lot to the sculpt too.

Always nice to add a few army builders too!

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2004, 09:53 PM »
Wow.  That's the first I've heard of it hitting anywhere.  Nice find!  Definitely perfect for the Silver Vader freebie, assuming our respective stores actually get them in, which mine hasn't yet.  But at least they had a couple VOTC Stormies to foot the bill instead...   ;)

I'll definitely be picking up the usual boxed and loose sets of this.  Nice to get some decent stuff in one of these 4-packs for once.  Some good army builders, some HTF figures, a relatively new beast.  Not bad!   8)

Offline Ranat

• Youngling
  • Giggity Giggity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 1, 2004, 04:48 AM »
This is the first four pack from TRU that I actually like. I don't have the Kaadu, I don't have the Royal Guard, I love the idea that they put Captain Tarpals in instead of Jar Jar, and I could always use more Gungans and Battle Droids.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.