Author Topic: Drinkin' Donuts  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Drinkin' Donuts
« on: July 22, 2004, 11:01 AM »
Bottom's up!

Drinking those cool Krispy Kremes

Doughnut retailer unveils frozen beverage line, including a glazed-flavored drink.

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Once the fried dough embodiment of hot and fresh, Krispy Kreme has transformed its original glazed doughnut into a new frozen beverage for summer.

The chain introduced a new line of frozen drinks Wednesday, including frozen original kreme -- a drinkable version of the company's signature doughnut -- raspberry, latte and double chocolate.

Customers can also add coffee to the kreme and double chocolate.

"Just as we did with our new signature coffees, our team took great care in developing four new, great-tasting frozen blended beverages, designed to offer customers an even greater variety of choices and taste experiences," President and CEO Scott Livengood said in a statement.

"We feel our expanded beverage offerings will provide tremendous growth opportunity for both the company and the Krispy Kreme brand," he added.

The drinks are available in 3 cup sizes -- 12-ounce, 16-ounce and 20-ounce -- and the suggested retail prices vary from $2.79 for the small size drink to $3.99 for the large size.

The Winston-Salem, N.C.-based company said it currently does not have plans to introduce low-carb versions of the new drinks.

This year Krispy Kreme's stock has fallen more than 45 percent, hurt by the growing popularity of the low-carb diet fad, and Wall Street's concerns about the company's aggressive pace of new store openings.

Wednesday's announcement sent Krispy Kreme (KKD: Research, Estimates) shares up as much as 3 percent in early trading.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And please feel free to visit my other "company takes tasty solid food product and makes disgusting beverage out of it" thread, right here:

"How do you like your turkey and gravy?" On the rocks, for me, please.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 11:03 AM by Virex »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Drinkin' Donuts
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 11:14 AM »
I saw this yesterday and thought of your Turkey and Gravy soda thread...mmmm Glazed liquid throat

This sounds like something they'd feed astronauts...

I'll take a Donut/Coffee goo pack please

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 06:16 PM »
I saw this too.  Our society and generation is getting pretty desperate.  Next big hit:  Cup O Lard.  Mmmm.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 08:20 PM »
I'm sure Darth Big Boy is wetting his pants at this idea.

As for me, I say "Meh" to the whole idea.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: August 1, 2004, 09:27 PM »
Who wants one, I'll buy

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 1, 2004, 09:33 PM »
I wan't one.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 2, 2004, 02:01 AM »
So a donut costs 69 cents, but a donut in a blender with a little whipcream costs 3.00?

I don't get it.

I guess it's good that we can drink donuts now though, so we can get fat in half the time.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #7 on: August 2, 2004, 10:43 AM »
Who wants one, I'll buy

Mmmm. . .  it's so good when it hits your lips!

I hope that other fast food chains will follow Krispy Kreme's lead, and take their more popular solid food offerings, and reintroduce them in new liquified form.  

Just imagine. . .

The Big Mac Malt from McDonald's
Long John Silver's new Shrimp Smoothie

And I don't know about you guys, but I've always wanted to be able to drink a pizza.

Pizza Hut?  You listening?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 2, 2004, 10:56 AM »
In highschool, a friend of mine got jumped by 6 kids who thought he was a skinhead because his head was buzzed.  The broke his jaw into two pieces and for 7 weeks his jaw was wired shut and he could only drink food.  He liquified everything - and will tell you that if there is one thing in this world you don't ever want to do, it's drink a pizza.

Although I bet he'd have a different outlook on these things today if Krispy Kreme had put donuts in blenders 6 years ago.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2004, 11:25 AM by Kneel Before Zod »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: August 2, 2004, 11:09 AM »
I was just by the Krispy Kreme yesterday too damn it, I should of stopped and tried one

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: August 6, 2004, 11:34 PM »
So what do you do when you see a Krispy Kreme and know of the exisitance of this thing called the liquid donut and have $3 in your pocket burning a proverbial hole?  

Go up to the Counter and order one of course...

"I'll take a small Original Frozen Kreme, please"

"With or without coffee"

"Without"

"$3.16...$0.34 is your change, it'll be right up"

"Thanks...Thanks"

OCB walks out of the shop holding his liquid sex in a glass, he puckers his lips and puts them up to the straw, giddy with anticipation, the anticipation of orgasmic creamy goodness entering his mouth.  He draws the frozen delicacy ever closer through the straw and as the creamy, icy mixture reaches his tounge...

I almost gagged, it was one of the worst things I have ever had in my life.  You know how glazing on donuts will sort of coat the inside of your mouth?  Well, they managed to do this in frozen liquid form.  I took two more slurps just to make sure I was tasting vomit in a cup and I proceeded to chuck it in the nearby trash receptacle.

I can honestly say, never try one of these, tell your family, your loved ones, your dogs and cats, the old one eyed lady down the street...stay away from the Frozen Kreme, stick with the pastry type.  

Spread the word, thanks

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 6, 2004, 11:47 PM »
We don't have a Krispy Kreme here but by what Scott just wrote, even if we did have one, I don't like the sounds of this beverage.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 8, 2004, 06:25 PM »
 :o

Now I seriously want to try one. Thanks!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 8, 2004, 06:52 PM »
We don't have a Krispy Kreme here but by what Scott just wrote, even if we did have one, I don't like the sounds of this beverage.

does that gremlin have vomit coming out of his nose as well?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #14 on: August 8, 2004, 07:04 PM »
(Cream)-Filler.
« Last Edit: August 8, 2004, 07:05 PM by Virex »