Author Topic: No! I changed my mind!  (Read 6975 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: No! I changed my mind!
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2004, 11:10 PM »
I think we'll see VOTC Han for cheaper someday, somehow.  I think we'll see most, if not all the VOTC released again someday, but again this all boils down to Hasbro...  Some of their decisions are so clearly perplexing to us, and cannot really be explained ANY which way, that it's just so hard to predict anymore.

I like to THINK the Stormtrooper will see a wide release...  I hope it does, really.  Like Jeff said above though...  It could just be too logical a choice for it to ACTUALLY happen, haha.  :)

:(

They may eventually get re-released, but not anytime soon...

From JediMAC's Q&A with Hasbro

What else...  They said NO WAY IN HELL will any of the 4" VOTC figures get re-released later on in the standard ($5) carded line.  I expected a negative answer to that, but not such an adamant one.  I told them that was totally unfair to deny collectors the greatest army-building figure of all-time, in the new Stormtrooper (looks GREAT).  They replied "We're not denying anyone.  The collectors can army-build all they want with that one."  Yeah.  Ok.   ::)  I reminded them that it was a $10 figure that was being placed in a line that's supposedly going to see a much more limited release than the standard OTC line.  Their reply:  Shrug.  Hmmm....  Oh well...   >:(

:(

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2004, 02:28 AM »
Hasbro...  

Thanks for caring guys!  Your consumers mean a lot to you I see.   :-\

I'm not surprised...  Personally.  I'm dismayed, and I find the way they answered you disrespectful Matt.  Too bad you had to deal with that...

To everyone out there who makes assinine remarks like "we should thank them for what they actually DO instead of complaining....  blah blah blah", I say you can see right there the respect your given from a company some folks think can do no wrong.  A big corporate "F-You!" to the only die-hard loyal collecting fanatics they have besides G.I. Joe collectors.

Nice Hasbro...  Real nice.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2004, 04:33 AM »
No repacks?  Ok.  Don't care what your core base thinks/wants?  Ok.  Don't want my money?  Ok.  Someone else does.  

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2004, 12:42 PM »
Well, that sucks.
Here they have on their hands the greatest figures they've ever created, and they don't want as many people as possible to own them.

Frickin' commie pinkos.

Overproduce the crap, underproduce the good stuff like E. Mon and VOTC.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2004, 07:32 PM »
At least Matt had the big bag of nads to actually tell Hasbro the way it is.  That's about all you can do with these bozos.  Hopefully they will bring it up in a meeting and maybe some big wig over at the H will have a lightbulb come on in his/her noggin and say "Wow!  Brilliant!" like those beer ads.  To bad Hasbro won't repack the SA clone and this VOTC Stormtrooper like they have Cantina Han.  

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2004, 07:58 PM »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2004, 05:58 PM »
Wow, that really is a bunch of bull____!

Maybe they'll have a change of heart somewhere down the road.  Or at least release them online as 4-pks, I'd pay $30 for a 4-pk of the VOTC Stormtroopers, I am sure they could afford to sell them for that!

:P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2004, 10:03 AM »
I'm clinging to the theory that they aren't showing their full hand in fear of people not paying the 100% markup currently when they know they can have them for less in a few months/year

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2004, 10:10 AM »
I'm clinging to the theory that they aren't showing their full hand in fear of people not paying the 100% markup currently when they know they can have them for less in a few months/year

That's what I'm thinking, Scott. Hopefully its true...I'm pretty confident that it is. I mean, look at Boba 300th...
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2004, 02:03 PM »

That's what I'm thinking, Scott. Hopefully its true...I'm pretty confident that it is. I mean, look at Boba 300th...

Ah!  I think you all are right on the money on this.  Good thinking.  

I doubt they will re-release any of these until 2006-7, but I do think they will.

:P