Author Topic: STAR WARS Film Trailers  (Read 1823 times)

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
STAR WARS Film Trailers
« on: July 23, 2004, 05:46 PM »
I've posted this topic on the different SW collecting forums I've joined, but few out there seem to know much about STAR WARS preview trailers.

Last summer, an acquaintence gave me the "Black Eyes B" version of the AOTC trailer because he knew I was really into STAR WARS.

I think it's cool just having it for what it is: a unique piece of memorabilia. But , I was wondering if anyone else collected them or if a market existed for trailers. I'm beginning to think I'm the only one, which is fine, but I would think there would be some sort of interest in trailers. Since they are rather uncommon.

Here are its markings:

and

« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 05:48 PM by SPIDERLEGS »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: STAR WARS Film Trailers
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 05:55 PM »
OK, this neat, never seen one before. I'm sure there are more out there & others that collect them.

I just took a look on eBay & there are some SW trailers in the completed auctions & a few with the same label.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 05:28 AM »
Nice piece SPIDER.  That "Black Eyes" thing is interesting.  Wonder what it means...  I don't know a whole lot about the market for the trailers either, but I do own one as well.  But mine is the ROTJ:SE trailer from back in 1997.  Same thing: "An acquaintance knew I was into SW, and passed it along to me" (name withheld for fear of getting anyone busted :P).  Don't recall what the markings/sticker on it were, but I'll have to check it out and get back to you in here, if/when I'm ever able to find it again in the disaster that is currently my collection room...

Never bothered to look 'em up on eBay, though I'd imagine they must go for a fairly decent price - maybe $50 or more, off the top of my head...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 08:41 AM »
That trailer looks like it goes for around $20. on eBay but it was sold by a seller with a zero feedback & no picture. It may go for more with a seller with a higher feedback.  :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 02:11 PM »
That's it, huh?  Hmmm...  Figured since these things are probably pretty tough to come by, they'd go for a bit more than that.  Oh well, no biggie.  I had no plans of ever selling mine, since it's kind of a unique item...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 03:53 PM »
I just picked up one of these trailers on ebay for fairly cheap.  I love getting odd unique things like this for my collection and plan on trying for more!
This is the way.

I have spoken.