Author Topic: Naboo Wave  (Read 11519 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Naboo Wave
« Reply #30 on: October 5, 2004, 03:49 PM »
This wave is now available at EE and is showing as in stock.  No longer showing in stock. Still got my order confirmation though. Must of gotten limited cases.  Will have a spare Sly and Padme if anyone wants to trade. 
« Last Edit: October 5, 2004, 03:56 PM by rebeltrader »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: October 5, 2004, 04:22 PM »
COOL!

My case is processing as well!!!

Excellent!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #32 on: October 6, 2004, 08:01 PM »
Picked mine up today. Bless EE.

Scott, does your Padme have a lazy eye? Sort of looks like it from the pic. 2 of the 3 Padmes in the case had a similar look to them to your pictures.

I have to say the Sly is the winner of the assortment for sculpting. She's very well done, which wasn't expected.

SilverZ

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2004, 06:40 PM »
They're all up on Amazon now, if anyone feels like paying a nice steep $7.99 for them.  :o Sounds like the price hike is damn real.

Rabe

Yarua

Pablo Jill

Amidala

Sly

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2004, 08:02 AM »
Ah, Naboo Wave, I was looking for this thread.  I was thinking more in terms of Post-OTC.  Anyway, I found these over the weekend, and they are indeed $5.88 at Wal-Mart.

My Amidala has a pretty good paint job (except for a pock-mark below the neck), and I like the sculpt of the costume.  Her feet can't really touch the ground past those robes, but I can fix that.  I'm not crazy about his head style, but overall it works.

I agree about Sly Moore - neat sculpt, decent movement of the arms for the robes, and a really good job on the face.  Its funny this will probably be the pegwarmer, just because I can't imagine the character will be that attractive.

Rabé - oh please!  Can there be a worse figure?  This is the cost-cutting result of an inbetween line of figures.  I'll just leave it at Blech!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2004, 09:06 PM »
Ah, Naboo Wave, I was looking for this thread.  I was thinking more in terms of Post-OTC.  Anyway, I found these over the weekend, and they are indeed $5.88 at Wal-Mart.

Oh ****. I have egg on my face. The pegs still say 4.77 and I got rang up at 5.88. I had them give me my money back and made a big to-do over it.

Picked up two Pablo-Jill figures. One as an opener for myself and one for trade fodder. I like him.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2004, 11:20 PM »
Found these today, too at WM, well Padme anyway.  She's one of my favorite pieces in all the years I've been collecting.  Except she can't stand up.  At all.  Sigh.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2004, 12:08 PM »
Found these today, too at WM, well Padme anyway.  She's one of my favorite pieces in all the years I've been collecting.  Except she can't stand up.  At all.  Sigh.

Simple solution, figure stand.

Kevin

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2004, 01:29 PM »

Simple solution, figure stand.

Kevin

She has a problem even with a stand.  At least mine anyways.  She wont even fit on one.  Either the one included or a realstand due to the heels on her shoes.  The pegs just arent long enough.  She slants too much when standing. 

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2004, 01:42 PM »
Thats pretty odd. I have heard some collectors shoot a glob of hot glue down, and stick their foot in it. It pops right off I guess.

Maybe that's a workable solution?

Kevin

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 4, 2005, 09:32 PM »
Stopped at Toys R Us today - 2 full pegs of Rabe. Had to be at least 25. A handful of Sly Moore and Yarua, but only 1 Pablo Jill. Awesome. Peg warmers already.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: January 4, 2005, 09:36 PM »
At $7 a pop, get ready for an Episode One like glut, i do declare. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 6, 2005, 06:13 PM »
If these go on clearance, count me in for a lot more Wookiees for customs, and why the hell not, a few Rabes too.

:P