Author Topic: Comic-Con Lego OTC & Others  (Read 2980 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Comic-Con Lego OTC & Others
« on: July 24, 2004, 08:50 AM »
Matt has just posted some very nice pictures from the Comic-Con. Head on over to JD's exclusive photo section.  ;)

San Diago Comic-Con Lego

Big time props going out to Jared (Tydirium) for helping out taking pictures!  

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Comic-Con Lego OTC & Others
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 07:25 PM »
Nice pics!

So..... what was the Sneak Preview set? ???
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 01:58 PM »
What "Sneak Preview" set are you talking about Travis?  Ep. 3?  If so, they sure as hell didn't show or mention anything to that effect.  Nothing new there at all, aside from the OTC packaging on the Falcon, X-Wing, Snowspeeder, and (I think) the Cantina.  That was it.  Their rep dressed as Slave Leia was pretty cool though!   8)

Speaking of this new OTC packaging, I'm a little pissed now that I'm stuck with that current crappy packaging with the big, lame, ugly bright blue crap all over it, on those aforementioned sets.  I'd much rather have the more attractive OTC packaging for my sets instead.  I actually haven't opened my other ones, so I'm trying to figure out if there's a way I might just be able to exchange them when the new OTC sets come out...

But I just HATE the packaging design that's out at retail right now!  Hmm...

Also, on a SDCC related note, they were (briefly) handing out more of the mini Lego Tie Fighters as their show freebie.  They were in the little plastic bag.  Didn't manage to snag any extras though.  Sorry...

Lego continued to be mum on any new product though, either for the OT, or Ep. 3...  Kinda annoying really.  They're worse than Hasbro on spilling any new news (or maybe there just any new news to be spilt)...   :-\

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 12:01 AM »
I don't know, I heard from RS that a special Preview set would be shown at SDCC. Probably either RS's false advertising, a rumor, a lie, or Lego just decided to not show it.

BTW, did they ahve that new TIE set on hand? Did it look nice?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 02:20 PM »
Didn't hear or see anything about a preview set Trav.  Don't think I've seen 'Scum point out anything on one either, so I think that might've just been a debunked rumor.

The only "new" set they showed was the Tie Fighter set, with the four various Ties, including the all new Tie Drone (you can check out our Comic Con Lego pix to see it.  It looked OK, but nothing worth getting too excited over really...   :-\

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2004, 06:14 PM »
Has anyone seen any of the other Lego sets besides the Millenium Falcon showing up in the new OTC packaging design?  The Falcon hit out here a month ago, but still the same old ugly sets for the Snowspeeder, Cantina, and X-Wing.  Weren't those shown at Comic Con in the OTC packages?  Why wait to put them out, if the Falcon's out now?

I was really disappointed with the lack of any new news from the Lego team at Comic Con.  One of my favorite lines here appears to be going down the toilet.   :'(