Author Topic: Anakin Mock Up  (Read 6948 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Anakin Mock Up
« Reply #15 on: November 9, 2004, 06:20 PM »
I'm not sure how good his lower body's articulation will be, but it looks like elbows, wrists, and ball/socket shoulders at least, which is something a bit more than any Anakin figure had in the E2 line it seems.

If his legs are NOT articulated except for the hip joints, I'll be a tad disappointed, but it's a good start nonetheless and superior (IMO) to every Anakin from E2 just because the arms are articulated to actually be posed fighting and such.

I lightened the picture and can't tell what is doing with the leg articulation though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 9, 2004, 07:12 PM »
This looks like a great figure to me - especially if this is the quality we will see on pack ins!!

:P

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 9, 2004, 07:26 PM »
Judging by the looks of the packaging and the arm positioning and articulation, I would say this is definitely a pack in figure - looks like he will be riding some sort of creature or vehicle

I would have to agree that it is a pack in figure, since this bubble doesn't exactly go with the mock up of the carded packaging that we saw a few months back. The bubbles on those cards looks like it will be a larger style, similar to the way the Galactic Heroes are packaged, where the bubble will cover the entire bottom of the card.

- anyone remember those creatures you barely see on Mustafar on the trailer?  There are two of them - my guess is maybe this Anakin will come with one of those beasts.

Possible spoiler here - look away if you don't want to see  ;D

If I'm not mistaken, those are the droids that retrieve Anakin after the lava pit duel, since it would be too hot and acidic for most human/alien species to survive that close to the lava in the pit. I read somewhere that he was picked up by two droids after falling into the pit, and that's how he is reborn as Vader after Palpatine helps him to heal his wounds. So I'd be really surprised to see him packed in with one of them, unless they want to pack in a more beat up and burnt pre-Vader version of Anakin. Which would rock, by the way :)

SilverZ

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2004, 01:51 AM »
Hey, that sure looks purdy.  :)

Even more so since I'm going to jump on the pack-in bandwagon. Thats a really generous figure if that's what its for. That said, it certainly doesn't measure up to those protos we saw of the other figures, since he has no ballsocket head or extended leg articulation. He's got to be for some peripheral toy. I'm going to take a guess and say it isn't the starfighter since he'd probably have a pre-scultped headband ala Obi-Wan Pilot if it was specifically for that.

That bubble actually is really similar to the ones used on the Walmart carry cases. Maybe for something similar? Or the Mustafar playset?

Regardless, I really like what we're getting right out the gate!  ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2004, 08:21 PM »
I agree that, if this is a pack-in, it's gonna be incredible that a PI's vastly superior to basically every version of main characters made from the Saga line for E2.

That'll just be a slap in the face over what we got back then.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2004, 10:36 AM »
Yeah - the one Anakin so far in my opinion that is even halfway decent by today's standards is the Secret Ceremony one - at least it's better after customizing a few by giving him a normar right hand that is articulated.

So those things in the trailer are droids?  Pretty cool!

:P

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2004, 12:47 PM »
I don't believe it. No way is that a Anakin figure made by Hasbro. I'm 99.9% certain.

How do I know?

Whenever Hasbro makes an Anakin figure, his face is screaming, or pained and looks angry. This piece of plastic actually looks like Hayden. No way was it made by Hasbro.

Could be a LFL model. That's right, a model from the movie. They say they use computers to make the Prequel movies, but I don't believe them. How do I know? Well look at your screen. My screen is basically square, but when I go to the movies the picture is all long and streatched out and stuff. No way was that made by a computer, because of the shape of the computer screen.

And the world is flat.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2004, 06:36 PM »
The more I look at that figure, the more I think "his arms/shoulders look odd. Might be some kind of action feature waiting behind there" - what do you think? Look at the angle his shoulders kind of slope in toward the center of his chest - looks like the Anakin that came out for Episode 2 with the dual lightsabers and the action feature where he would swing them both. Anybody else see it, or is it just me?

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2004, 08:10 PM »
Daddy like.

Are other people in as much love as I am, with Anakin's new hand?

Kevin

Good thing he doesn't need to wear a glove on his left hand... What a meat hook!
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2004, 03:55 AM »
I've had an odd feeling about the arms too Dave.  Namely, the large (seemingly) pins in his elbow joints.  Possible he's action-feature laden...  Tough to say without seeing his back where a lot of the features showed their ugly heads in the gigunda buttons and such.

Only feature I ever really liked (other than Total Control Mace Windu, which I think a line of figures like that would be cool so long as they had normal versions) was the SBD's explosion feature with its BD chest plate too.  It worked, it wasn't obtrusive, and scattering SBD parts around a diorama looked great.  :)