Multimedia > The Wookiee Arcade

Star Wars Galaxies - Not Star Warsy enough

(1/2) > >>

RogueJedi:
Recently quit my accout on SWG. Im a huge SW fan and it seemed to me that playing SWG was just Galactica with a SW name. The first few months I played I had the Star-Warsy feel to it, but as the XP and grinding took precidence over SW npc's and fun quests, I quit.

All in all, a amazing RPG.

But a horrible SW RPG  

Jeff:
I'd agree with your statement, but I'm hoping that the Space Expansion will change that...

I'm still playing, but if this Jedi and Space stuff sucks, I'll probably quit too...

Jeff

Jesse James:
I recently did a 14 day trial (before it ends) and I can say that it's a nice game, kinda funny, but not "Star Warsy" enough to me.

There's no cohesiveness.  I couldn't figure out if huge battles erupted (I mean, the galaxies amidst a civil war.  Battles and the "front" should be available to at least go to). 

I fund that finding buildings and stuff was a pain.  I ran around Mos Eisly and not once did I see the Cantina. :(

Getting near "known" characters was a pain, like Jabba...  Traveling between towns was a pain.

I just wasn't "wow'd" by it.  It seems like an immersive thing, but I guess I just need a story.  A point and plot.  If battles would've been viewable...  Like say the Empire's seiging a planet, and there's just war taking place there.  That I'd have liked going to see (at your own risk, like).  Oh well.

SilverZ:
The biggest problem with Galaxies is that it takes a long time to build a character before you really click and get the "Star Wars" experience. At least that was my take at the time.

I played the damn game for months on end from launch and built a couple bitchin' characters, only to reach a point where I really craved some good PvP and story quests, and neither really existed at the time (quit about 6 months ago). I just gave up, and now I think I'd be bored to tears creating a new character and grinding my way to something usefull again.

6 months ago, I got the impression that the developers were absolutley lost and behind schedule, focusing on add-ons like creature mounts and swoops, things that were supposed to be at launch, and would continue to fall behind as they tried to get expansions like the upcoming (still  ::) ) space one released, to ever go back and build up the quests and items to make it even worth playing. There's just a complete lack of compelling CONTENT in the game. It's filled with errand quests that you recieve nothing for, like Jabba's palace.  I mean, even if you have a dewback, swoop, or ship to race across all the barren terrain, what is the point if there's not something fun to do at the other end?

Jesse James:
I agree with that thought Tydirium...

I found Tatooine to flat out suck.  Very bland looking, tons of wild animals biting you at every turn.  No story...

Probably the lack of a story is what disappointed me.  I NEED story.  Story is what a game's based on.  I need the galaxy to be more interesting than me just wandering around doing basically nothing.

I cannot justify paying for that.  I do that in my real life for free.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version