Author Topic: Attn: Men, Stop Killing Your Pregnant Wives  (Read 10078 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: Attn: Men, Stop Killing Your Pregnant Wives
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2008, 12:20 PM »
Not his wife, but this news story seems to to fit here.

Quite a few things bother me about this case, not the least of which is the fact that a pregnant woman (or anyone) was murdered.

- Didn't this man's wife notice the blood stains in their house?  Or the new paint job?  Or the big BBQ or grave in the tiny back yard?  She had to have helped him or at least been aware of what he was up to. 

- He must be a grade-A dumbass.  To say that she came over to his house and slit her own throat in front of him -- then he cleaned up, burned and buried the body and then ran? ::)

- Just because they "thought" the accuser and the accused had some sort of "friendly relationship," the military didn't feel the need to question the accused?   That doesn't make any sense.  According to her friends and family there was not a friendly relationship.  She made it clear she was scared and intimated by him and her pregnancy was the result of the rape.

- Why did the Marine Corps. handle the criminal investigation of the alleged rape?  Why wouldn't the local police investigate the crime?  Perhaps someone in military could explain that to me -- I've never understood that.  Where are the lines drawn?  The police are clearly handling the murder investigation instead of the Corps.

"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: Attn: Men, Stop Killing Your Pregnant Wives
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2008, 02:43 PM »
All very good questions. Something that has bothered me quite a bit about this story is the fact that the military plays by its' own rules. It seems very clear they failed to protect her, and she had actually come forward to file the charges.  What does a case like this do to those who are victimized and are debating what to do? To ask those who serve their country to do so in an institution that does not protect them is the ultimate betrayal.
And we have absolutely nothing in our criminal justice system that can adequately punish someone who would do something like this. Waterboarding would be a feather-tickle compared to what he deserves (assuming he is guilty of course).